Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

The only silver lining about this draft position is technically we didn't have to tank to get it. Probably should be a brass lining since just about everyone's convinced Mgnt is thoroughly inadequate for the job, but not tanking probably saved their butts, apart from a few sacrificial lambs.

Gute screwed up, they gotta admit that and move on from Rodgers either via retirement or they work out a trade to somebody who might want him. Give LaFleur next season with Jordan Love to see what they can do and if the offense isn't productive/team stinks/Love's play stinks, you can move on from both of them after next year too

This is the way

Edited by deltarich87
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

The only silver lining about this draft position is technically we didn't have to tank to get it. Probably should be a brass lining since just about everyone's convinced Mgnt is thoroughly inadequate for the job, but not tanking probably saved their butts, apart from a few sacrificial lambs.

Pick 19 is a playoff qualifying spot.  15 is disappointing.   

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Gute screwed up, they gotta admit that and move on from Rodgers either via retirement or they work out a trade to somebody who might want him. Give LaFleur next season with Jordan Love to see what they can do and if the offense isn't productive/team stinks/Love's play stinks, you can move on from both of them after next year too

This is the way

Does the organization have the balls to do that??

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Does the organization have the balls to do that??

This past year was not a good indicator. Hopefully Rodgers forces their hand. Really though, with how he looked this year, he's probably better off just hanging it up. Don't see another late career resurgence like he had in 2020/2021. He looked cooked all season outside of maybe 4 games.

1 minute ago, dust247 said:

I know it's WAY too early in the process, but who do you guys like at #15?

What positions are you leaning towards?

This is honestly looking like a true BPA sort of draft. Gun to my head, I want to badly shore up DL, Edge, and S, not necessarily in that order. Maybe wideout on the offensive side if possible. I'd have a better answer if I weren't so blind about the whole process.