Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I've personally spoken with 2 personnel guys who said Gronk was black flagged from their team because of his back. 

While I've never had the conversation about Kelce, there was so much smoke around his off the field issues that draft season, it had to be coming from a literal bonfire. 

Yeah, Gronk had all kinds of red flags with his back coming out of college.  I remember that one pretty vividly.

My dream of getting Darnell Washington in the 2nd is gone. But we should be able to get him later if we trade back 5 to 8 spots in the first, I think. I would be all on board with the selection. Let him and Love develop together.

We will probably go some other position at 15 and then get a leftover TE in the 2nd. Still should be a good one that is worthy of the pick.

Edited by VegasDan

25 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

My dream of getting Darnell Washington in the 2nd is gone.

He's a tight end with limited production in college whose best trait is blocking.  If someone takes him in the first, you're glad about it because that means a non-tight end is going to fall one slot further.  Right now people are the highest they're going to get on the guys who really show out at the combine.  I'm not actually convinced he doesn't go in the 3rd.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

He's a tight end with limited production in college whose best trait is blocking.  If someone takes him in the first, you're glad about it because that means a non-tight end is going to fall one slot further.  Right now people are the highest they're going to get on the guys who really show out at the combine.  I'm not actually convinced he doesn't go in the 3rd.

He only had 2 drops on 43 targets last season. He has good hands, just not utilized.  

He represents a huge matchup challenge with his speed and height.  Nobody would blink if we drafted a WR or a OT in the first.  Here we get both. He would be a great redzone weapon - which we sorely need to improve.

The Packer players bought MLF a Mercedes Lewis Packer jersey 2 years ago. It was a bit of a joke because he loves the type of player he is.  So I know MLF would like to get someone similar.

I doubt Darnell makes it out of the first round. His abilities at his size is extremely rare.  The possibilities are endless.

EDGE is overrated in today’s NFL.

No elite QB other than Rodgers really struggles against outside pass rush.

If you can’t get interior pressure you’re not advancing far in the postseason against any team other than the one Aaron Rodgers is on.

Chiefs I don’t even know who their EDGE was. The Rams had geriatric Miller and Leonard Floyd. The Buccaneers had ancient JPP and Barrett. The Chiefs I think had one.

The last 4 Super Bowl winners were Jones, Vea/Suh, Donald and Jones.

Kenny Clark is a tier below those guys and I’m sick of people acting like he’s not. Maybe that’s a Barry/Pettine thing, but you have to let your interior guys just get after the QB.

Some thoughts:

Why tf would you want Washington when you can have Musgrave?

JSN is a beast. He's in my top five "wants" in round one now. He's one of three WRs I highly covet in the draft (one is Rashee Rice in Rd 2, the other will be revealed in my next mock draft.)

People who think Van Ness gets out of the top 10 are silly.

If we end up somewhere in the top ten, be prepared to hear Christian Gonzalez' name called.

DL is looking like a value position late day 2/ early day 3.

51 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you can’t get interior pressure you’re not advancing far in the postseason against any team other than the one Aaron Rodgers is on.

Chiefs I don’t even know who their EDGE was. The Rams had geriatric Miller and Leonard Floyd. The Buccaneers had ancient JPP and Barrett. The Chiefs I think had one.

Kenny Clark is a tier below those guys and I’m sick of people acting like he’s not. Maybe that’s a Barry/Pettine thing, but you have to let your interior guys just get after the QB.

Is any position important in the NFL?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

You don’t know who Frank Clark is?

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

You don’t know who Frank Clark is?

Frank Clark-- 24 QB pressures on 717 snaps

Chris Jones-- 46 QB pressures on 916

Preston Smith -- 27 QB pressures on 825 snaps

Kenny Clark -- 17 QB pressures on 807 snaps

Green Bay lacks the pressure numbers from inside on defense

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Doesn’t really matter.

I care only about Super Bowls.

There’s not a Super Bowl Gronkowski won that he wouldn’t have won without the DL/OL/QB that was also on the roster.

Same with Kelce.

So until our OL, DL and QB are good enough, I wouldn’t take a TE in the top 24.

This can be said about basically every player to ever win a Super Bowl. It's not Tar specific.