Week 11: Titans @ Packers

TitanLegend

no ben jones is just brutal. the packers' run D is bad and we need to take advantage of that, and that just became way harder.

also with lonnie johnson out we REALLY need to hope that both fulton and molden are ready to go tomorrow...and that seems like a coin flip. secondary is in tatters.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

looks like fulton and long are full go at least. molden being questionable is discouraging. i feel like we'll probably hold him out, which means wayyyy too much josh kalu tomorrow against a much better passing attack than the broncos lol

Not gonna lie though Kalu has been playing way better than I would have imagined.

37 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ve been thinking about it but has David Long joined Jeffery Simmons in the must re-sign territory? He’s such a big part of our defense and has been playing as good as any ILB in football this year.

Only issue I have with Long, is he always missed time. He was doing good this year(shocker) until he got a stinger last week. I love the dudes energy and for his size, he does a great job slipping blocks. I’d give him Cunningham’s contract, that’s for sure. Although we have been able to get valuable production out of guys like Cole, Rice, and Schobert. Neither can cover or blitz like Long though. JRob has drafted ILB very well. Not sure if we’ll spend that money on an ILB as much as I’d love him back. It’ll be interesting to see how Rice plays while Cunningham is out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Only issue I have with Long, is he always missed time. He was doing good this year(shocker) until he got a stinger last week. I love the dudes energy and for his size, he does a great job slipping blocks. I’d give him Cunningham’s contract, that’s for sure. Although we have been able to get valuable production out of guys like Cole, Rice, and Schobert. Neither can cover or blitz like Long though. JRob has drafted ILB very well. Not sure if we’ll spend that money on an ILB as much as I’d love him back. It’ll be interesting to see how Rice plays while Cunningham is out.

Like you said, it’s going to interesting to see how much they value his injury history and his position. I should probably just go ahead and prepare myself for him to be suiting up for another team nice year.

This defense has been special and has the potential to stay special. Selfishly I’d like to keep as many core guys on defense as possible. The thought of having elite/top 5 guys at all three levels (Simmons, Long, Byard) plus having top 10-15 guys (Autry, Landry, Hooker, Fulton) surrounding them for the foreseeable future is the stuff you dream of.

Isiah Likely being the highest graded run-blocker really makes me really question their grading.

They're not differentiating if the blocking is in-line or not. Lining up as a flex or an H-back and blocking a LB or DB in space isn't even close to the same as lining up in a 3 point stance and trying to move a 250-300 lb man off the ball.

Same could probably be said of Chig who lines up in the backfield often.

Not a fan of Swaim, just don't know how valuable it is without qualifying it with where they are lining up.