Week 12: Patriots (6-4) at VIKINGS (8-2)

swede700

6 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Woof, that was one of the worst wins I’ve experienced at a game as a fan. Been to a lot. Fans seemed so confused what to do during the game. So quiet, good for offense, the stadium itself was louder than the fans, it just seemed like everyone was expecting to lose again. 

This was something I was very concerned about for this game. After a 40-3 embarrassing performance, I knew that the crowd wasn’t going to be into the game. 

Hopefully they are amped up and a factor against the Jets. 

• Like 1

After a little sleep, I actually feel better about this win then after the game ended...and I felt pretty good then!

Kirk threw a couple of stupid passes, but otherwise, stepped up in the pocket well, and went through his progressions.

Cook needs to be more decisive, he danced around looking for holes to cut back into.  Against a front 7 like NE, you need to make your own hole sometimes.

The oline played a solid game in pass protection.  Judon really wasn't much of a factor most of the night.  Hopefully Darrisaw returns next week. The Jets defensive line is pretty good.

Great night for the receivers, not just Jefferson! Thielen, Hockenson, Osborne, even Reagor...all made contributions in the passing attack.

I am grateful Donatell dialed up some pressure on Jones late in the 4th quarter. He needs to do that for the whole game though. 

Besides that, I am not going to complain to much sense a banged up secondary, playing a 4th string CB, was able to do their job. Hopefully, the mini bye will allow the secondary to heal.

I will not comment on Joseph anymore. The Vikings know what they need to do.

Game ball to KOC!  He designed a great opening drive...just beautiful...and was really effective calling plays!

This win was very much needed....AND IT WAS ON PRIME TIME!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, viking said:

I'm looking forward to the offseason for Ed Donatel to get "promoted" to defensive consultant and replaced by somebody who knows what they're doing. Game after game the vikings are getting trashed by bad QBs.

Firing coaches/benching players mid season doesn't seem to be the style of this new regime which i respect but it's getting really hard to watch this defense.

Honestly, I hope there is quite a bit of defensive turnover from a coaching and players standpoint. I’m on board with firing Donatel. Just don’t think he’s the answer. Disappointing that there are very few players to build around on defense, long term. Should get a few good years out of Kendricks, Smith and Smith. Hunter is still very good but maybe he’d benefit most from a scheme change. Really nothing else to get excited about along the DL and in the secondary. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Honestly, I hope there is quite a bit of defensive turnover from a coaching and players standpoint. I’m on board with firing Donatel. Just don’t think he’s the answer. Disappointing that there are very few players to build around on defense, long term. Should get a few good years out of Kendricks, Smith and Smith. Hunter is still very good but maybe he’d benefit most from a scheme change. Really nothing else to get excited about along the DL and in the secondary. 

Tomlinson, Phillips, and Wonnum are all nice pieces too. Hunter has been great this year, despite not having gaudy stats. I’m ok with moving on from Kendrick’s, he looks like he’s lost a step and that was his best asset before. They need to get the right personnel for this scheme if they are committed. They have guys playing out of position and no depth on the DL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Science isn't really something you "Believe in" unless its like a cult thing.

"Trust The Science™!" was, and will be the most cringe inducing phrase of this century.

But I'll stay away from that topic, and the other topic of eradicating humans because they think different from me. That's just not my cup of tea I suppose.

but you see, we don't stay away from the topic when we post stuff like you just did.

• Like 3

Bill Belichick is in his 23rd year of coaching the Patriots. That’s 364 regular-season games. Last night, the Vikings connected on a higher percentage of throws than any other team had in 362 of them.

Via Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com, the Vikings generated a completion percentage of 81.6 percent on Thursday night. It came on 31 of 38 throws, with quarterback Kirk Cousins going 30 for 37 and receiver Justin Jefferson throwing a pass on a gadget play to Adam Thielen. That’s the second highest completion percentage in any game against the Patriots, with Belichick as the head coach.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/25/vikings-have-second-highest-single-game-completion-percentage-against-bill-belichicks-patriots/

11 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

I read that and thought I was in the Vikings Fans Uncensored group . . . The place where if you want to ruin a good day, go for a read . . . What ever happened to optimism?

This team might just break the Vikings' glass ceiling . . . SKOL!!!!

That is the single worst place to go to. He would be a perfect fit for that group.

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Science isn't really something you "Believe in" unless its like a cult thing.

"Trust The Science™!" was, and will be the most cringe inducing phrase of this century.

But I'll stay away from that topic, and the other topic of eradicating humans because they think different from me. That's just not my cup of tea I suppose.

This was the second most cringe inducing post of the century, with the first being the one you quoted.

• Like 2