Week 12: Patriots (6-4) at VIKINGS (8-2)

swede700

Game 11

Patriotsat NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&he

When:  8:20 PM EST November 24th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: NBC (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); 

Announcers:  Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark (TV);  Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: TBD

Patriots - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: TBD

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

12 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Let’s hope Thielen, Hockenson and Cook take advantage and prove their worth. We’ve got a ton invested in these guys to not step up when Jefferson is being held in check. 

With Darrisaw out and deficiencies of C and RG to try to help out and cover up, how can both areas of the OL be addressed at the same time, given that NE has a good pass rush and DL push?  Cousins had almost no chance (no time) to complete a pass downfield to ANY receiver.  Rushers will be in on Kirk through Brandel's area and between centre and RG.  The TE and RB (CJ Ham) may have to be used solely as blockers to give Kirk enough chance to get a pass off.  J.J. will be blanketed.  That leaves Thielen and possibly, Osborn as the possible receivers. IF Hockenson can be spared from staying in to block on a few plays, he'd better not drop catchable balls.  

We'll also have to hope that our running game can move the chains regularly, giving both Dalvin and Mattison a lot more carries than they got vs. The Cowboys.  And we'll have to hope Theilen, KJ, and Hockenson (after chip blocks) can make some mid-range catches to help, but the running game absolutely has to be a lot more successful than they were yesterday.  And Belicheck's team is good at run defence.  Also, I would rather they try Shelly instead of Booth at the second CB spot.  Booth is just not ready at all, and would be picked on constantly, and mercilessly.  And I hope Zaderius' knee is better, and he can play more downs than he did yesterday, because we got almost no pressure on Prescott.  I think we should blitz The Pats more than we've been doing lately.

I'm not terribly optimistic about our chances to score much.  We'd better rise up to defend better, and win the turnover battle significantly.  It's not going to be pretty.  I hope we can squeak out a low-scoring win.

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 1