Week 12: Patriots (6-4) at VIKINGS (8-2)

swede700

28 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

He's still been better than Udoh. And I think he's helped Bradbury elevate his game. 

Actually, my conspiracy theory is proving true weekly . . . Bradbury has always been good, but if the players want a coach gone, they need key cogs to help make the team look in disarray.   Small things at the LOS change games . . . Last year the Vikes lost a bunch of one-score games.   This year?

Those little things aren't happening because the players support KOC.   I think it's crappy to subvert a boss in general, but this year is proving exciting.  

Ingram is playing better than any RG the Vikes have had since David Dixon.  Between Cleveland and him, the OG play this year is respectable.   

On Thursday, the Patriots:

*scored 25+ points
*gained 400+ yards
*outgained their opponent
*completed 70% of their passes
*had less than 60 penalty yards
*had 0 turnovers
*had 0 missed fg's

NFL teams in the Super Bowl era have been 170-0 when having those stats.

OpaSTATS.com

The Vikings are the only team in those 171 games to beat that streak.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Vikings head coach Kevin O'Connell was drafted by Belichick in 2008 and spent the year learning under the longtime Patriots head coach. He played in two NFL games during his brief playing career, both in a relief role with New England.

After Minnesota's 33-26 win, Belichick went out of his way to pay O'Connell a visit and praise him for the job he's done in his first year as an NFL head coach.

"What really flattered O’Connell is how Belichick told him that, when he watched the Vikings’ tape, he could see how the coaches were teaching the players some old Patriot credos, and one in particular—You can’t win until you learn how not to lose—in showing the guys the value of playing complementary football," The MMQB's Albert Breer wrote.

“It was special for me, because there’s nobody I respect more in our game than him,” O’Connell told Breer.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/what-bill-belichick-told-kevin-oconnell-after-patriots-loss-vikings?fbclid=IwAR3bumIsR34LcFVuwx2JciAjkH1-pl3uAWyX8oeLMd4yDKaZSyUJZHHggyg

• Like 1