Week 12: Patriots (6-4) at VIKINGS (8-2)

swede700

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'm assuming Darrisaw doesn't play, though that could be wrong. He sure shouldn't, for his health. 

He's already been ruled out. He didn't fare much better than Brandel against Dallas, but Brandel held his own against the Bills. It's definitely on the coaches to fix some scheme things. No slants, quick outs, wr screens - it's all 5-7 step drops and long developing crossing routes for the most part.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:36 AM, JDBrocks said:

Which OL issues? They've been really good outside of that last game. I agree with you on the play calling issues when the offense isn't working as designed. Help your guys out, Coach.

He means being without Darrisaw, now having to scheme to protect TWO areas of the OL instead of just one. 

Cousins hasn’t often been in a position to lick wounds after a drubbing. Over his career 135 games, he’s only played in 14 that were lost by more than 15 points.

Since becoming a Viking, there are just four such incidents. He has come back strong the following week from each of them. In 2018 Cousins got back on the horse in Los Angeles with a 31-point output against the Rams after a stunning home loss to the Buffalo Bills. In 2020, the Vikings scored 30 versus Tennessee in Justin Jefferson’s breakout game after they were slowed to a halt against the Colts in a 28-11 loss the previous week.

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/are-the-vikings-built-for-a-bounce-back?fbclid=IwAR3n3xLhxx-TS0gVcWP75lL3GIKbwG6WJfEZhWkB9DNayBmQEGd7la_ATbs

The Vikings can’t afford a slow start against the New England Patriots, who would love nothing more than 60 minutes of grind-fest football. Bill Belichick’s team has allowed just 23 points in the last three games and the second fewest points in the NFL overall. That’s not to mention that over the last 10 years the Patriots have the best point differential when playing on Thursdays and a 9-2 record.

Cousins has faced off with Belichick twice in his career and is 0-2 with a 69.4 rating.

Cousins, said of Belichick: “Tremendous football mind. The sample size is large - how long he’s done it, with so many different players. I think he’s always adapted to whatever he feels is going to work that year, that week. He’s really the best ever and his track record speaks for itself. We have a great challenge on Thursday night as a result and their defense again this year is doing a really good job.”

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/are-the-vikings-built-for-a-bounce-back?fbclid=IwAR3n3xLhxx-TS0gVcWP75lL3GIKbwG6WJfEZhWkB9DNayBmQEGd7la_ATbs

53 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Booth and Evans are out.  How good is the Patriots O-line because the Vikings are going to have to generate a lot of pressure

Well, their top two o-linemen are out as well, so I’d hope the Vikings can get a good push. 

Even with Booth and Evans out, the Patriots don’t scare me at QB or WR enough to have me concerned about starting Shelley. I’m more worried about Kendricks and Hicks covering the running backs out of the backfield. 

• Like 1

I think this one boils down to Judon vs Hunter&Smith . . . which ever team causes the opposing QB to make mistakes wins.

I feel good about our CBs even with Booth and Evans out - definitely thin on the outside.  But, Belichek's going to try and run it down our throats.  We haven't been great at stopping the run and giving up over 4 yards a carry, he's going to get those RBs involved.  Plus, the best way to limit JJ and Co is to control the clock. 

I hope the Vikes front 7 just hammers away and gets a couple strips in the process.

I'm starting Joseph as my fantasy kicker -- man better come through!  😉

25 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Vikings have played in 8 games on Thanksgiving in franchise history and are currently 6-2 all time. This years game versus New England however, will be the first time in team history that they have been the home team on Turkey Day!

vikings.com

I'm guessing this is due to our playing the Lions most of those Thanksgivings?

5 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Booth and Evans are out.  How good is the Patriots O-line because the Vikings are going to have to generate a lot of pressure

Booth being out is probably a good thing. Too bad about Evans, he seems to be the only young CB worth anything at the moment which is disappointing. 

• Like 1

Never count us out, but after last week I do not feel too confident. The Pats will hopefully struggle to move the ball on offense, and if Donatell FINALLY decides to dial up some blitzes, I think we will neutralize Mac Jones. Their defense is very stout and is pretty scary for us. I believe Dallas gave everyone the blueprint to absolutely destroy this O-line, and especially when Darrisaw is out and Ingram is still in, I think they will give us some exotic looks and unleash Judon on us. If Kirk can get time to throw, I think Jefferson has a great day and this offense will be okay. Especially if KOC can actually change the game plan this time and do shorter dropbacks and more runs. Hopefully this coaching staff can adapt and overcome, but my PTSD leads me to believe they will not.

And I just remembered that Evans and Booth are both out and we'll be starting something called a Duke Shelley. He had a great play against Buffalo, but I am not confident in him over the course of an entire game. He will get attacked early and often, which makes us blitzing even that more important. But once again, I do not think Donatell will do such a thing because he is afraid to blitz for some reason. I hope I am wrong.

27-13, Patriots.

Edited by AP_allday2869

2 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Never count us out, but after last week I do not feel too confident. The Pats will hopefully struggle to move the ball on offense, and if Donatell FINALLY decides to dial up some blitzes, I think we will neutralize Mac Jones. Their defense is very stout and is pretty scary for us. I believe Dallas gave everyone the blueprint to absolutely destroy this O-line, and especially when Darrisaw is out and Ingram is still in, I think they will give us some exotic looks and unleash Judon on us. If Kirk can get time to throw, I think Jefferson has a great day and this offense will be okay. Especially if KOC can actually change the game plan this time and do shorter dropbacks and more runs. Hopefully this coaching staff can adapt and overcome, but my PTSD leads me to believe they will not.

And I just remembered that Evans and Booth are both out and we'll be starting something called a Duke Shelley. He had a great play against Buffalo, but I am not confident in him over the course of an entire game. He will get attacked early and often, which makes us blitzing even that more important. But once again, I do not think Donatell will do such a thing because he is afraid to blitz for some reason. I hope I am wrong.

27-13, Patriots.

You really see the Patriots scoring 27 points? 

I don’t. First to 20, wins the game, imo.