Week 12: Patriots (6-4) at VIKINGS (8-2)

swede700

Games like we had against Dallas are absolute bummers, but even some Superbowl winning teams had games like that and were able to bounce back.

I'm interested in seeing how we respond. It won't be easy, but I think the Dallas game can teach our team a lot about ourselves. Hopefully we use it to our advantage.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Games like we had against Dallas are absolute bummers, but even some Superbowl winning teams had games like that and were able to bounce back.

I'm interested in seeing how we respond. It won't be easy, but I think the Dallas game can teach our team a lot about ourselves. Hopefully we use it to our advantage.

Yup. Every game from now until the playoffs should revolve around developing protection schemes on the OL and figuring out how to stop the run with an inferior DL. 

• Like 2

Not relevant to the Patriots vs Vikings game but relevant to the Vikings roster.

TY McGill is on the 49ers!  Not sure how long he has been on that roster but awesome he is in the league back off injury.  Totally sucks the Vikings did not get him, he would have made the roster if he was not hurt.  Will see what he does on the 49ers, is not a 3/4 D but should do well as a penetrating interior guy, is #96 and watching him tonight!

Well we’ll see if KOC’s version of our squad has any backbone at all. I mean that wasn’t a loss that was an embarrassment. I’d be pissed off and want to hit everything that moved but maybe that’s just me. I don’t have much faith in them but maybe they’ll surprise me. If I’ve learned one thing about being a Vikings fan it’s that every time you give up on them they win and every time you think we’ve turned a corner we lay an egg. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Well we’ll see if KOC’s version of our squad has any backbone at all. I mean that wasn’t a loss that was an embarrassment. I’d be pissed off and want to hit everything that moved but maybe that’s just me. I don’t have much faith in them but maybe they’ll surprise me. If I’ve learned one thing about being a Vikings fan it’s that every time you give up on them they win and every time you think we’ve turned a corner we lay an egg. 

I frankly don’t think we have that player on defense. No one stands out. They’ll be content getting punched in the mouth and not responding. The success will come from creating turnovers not physically beating anyone. Offensively, Cousins doesn’t have a great track record against winning teams and the OL is in shambles right now. They absolutely need to rebound but I’m still not that optimistic with this team. Not calling them frauds but I don’t think they are as good as their record indicates. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Rams were 7-2 last year and lost to the 49ers 31-10.  They had their bye the next week and then proceeded to come back and lose to the Packers, but then rolled off 5 in a row.

And then you can't forget the 6-2 Bucs in 2020 getting throttled at home by the Saints 38-3.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

The OL issues are huge. They'll need to make some serious changes in play calling, imo. 

Which OL issues? They've been really good outside of that last game. I agree with you on the play calling issues when the offense isn't working as designed. Help your guys out, Coach.

16 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Which OL issues? They've been really good outside of that last game. I agree with you on the play calling issues when the offense isn't working as designed. Help your guys out, Coach.

I'm assuming Darrisaw doesn't play, though that could be wrong. He sure shouldn't, for his health.