Week 13 Thread: Leach/Kiffin Thursday, Trojans/ND, and of course The Game

MikeT14

We're guaranteed at least 79 bowl eligible teams now because the APP-GASO winner will be bowl eligible.

Buffalo and possibly New Mexico State will play makeup games next week. If Miami and Vanderbilt both lose, we would have a maximum of 81 bowl eligible teams. There are 82 bowl slots. Army at 6-6 with two FCS wins would be first in line as a bowl team.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

That’s cute. Here in Ohio and Michigan people turn cars upside down and light them on fire 🔥 

Not a valid comparison, South Carolina has been irrelevant for like 8 years but suddenly in the past few weeks they are relevant. And beat their in-state rival today, huge upset.

Totally different than the Ohio State/Michigan thing. 

Also, South Carolina sent an $800 tax rebate to most of the state this week. Just not the same. 

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I love Vrabel. He and Fickell were two of my favorite all time Buckeyes. I do think there’s truth to the thought of Vrabel not loving the NIL age though and more likely to stay pro.

The NIL means I don’t have to pretend to like CJ Stroud anymore. 2 blowout losses, 0 division titles Or conference titles, 0 playoff appearances/wins. He’s the anti Justin Fields for me, who I loved.

If we cap at 79 unconditional bowl-eligible teams, we will need three otherwise ineligible teams to fill in all 82 bowl slots.

Army can clinch conditional bowl eligibility at 6-6 with two wins over FCS teams by beating Navy in two weeks.

If Army fails at its task, Rice, UNLV and a tie between Michigan State and Auburn have the three highest APR scores among 5-7 teams. Both of the latter two made bowls, so if the last three bowl slots go to 5-7 teams, a coin flip would likely determine if Michigan State or Auburn goes to a bowl, as both went to bowls last year.