Random mock drafts

Louis Friend

8 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I dunno if this is a good omen or what, but I did one last PFN draft and got this
Just about everyone I could want ahead of where they're expected to go

BKdPAJQ.png

Not bad.

I like pairing up Anderson in this defense. I'm also rather high on Brian Branch. Second round is where I think Kancey deserves to go. I think Boutte has dropped due to his off the field issue at LSU, but he's a solid depth WR to add. I think Amon-Ra could be a good influence on him. Zavala is a G i like and who the Lions have shown interest in. I think DTR is a solid late round QB prospect. I like him and Duggan day 3 to sit behind Goff. Overall, alot of things I like and could see happening. 

12 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I dunno if this is a good omen or what, but I did one last PFN draft and got this
Just about everyone I could want ahead of where they're expected to go

BKdPAJQ.png

Man, this is pretty ideal. I think that Boutte is a wasted pick but I like the idea of a WR there. Boutte was great a couple of years ago but he sucked this year and tested extremely poorly. Some of these guys might be gone - I don't think Kancey lasts until 48, but 18 is too early. He's a prime trade-up target for us in the late first or early second. 

I really like Branch. He'd be great insurance for when Gardner-Johnson leaves. 

Edited by Lions017

59 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Man, this is pretty ideal. I think that Boutte is a wasted pick but I like the idea of a WR there. Boutte was great a couple of years ago but he sucked this year and tested extremely poorly. Some of these guys might be gone - I don't think Kancey lasts until 48, but 18 is too early. He's a prime trade-up target for us in the late first or early second. 

I really like Branch. He'd be great insurance for when Gardner-Johnson leaves. 

Yeah we can substitute Mingo, he was there in this mock

I did a mock with round 1 as it was last night and here is what I came up with. 

12. Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama

18. Jack Campbell LB Iowa

34. Brian Branch S Alabama

48. O'Cyrus Torrence OG Florida

55. Rashee Rice WR SMU

152. Moro Ojomo DT Texas

159. Jakorian Bennett CB Maryland

173. Garrett Williams CB Syracuse

183. Karl Brooks DT Bowling Green

194. Mekhi Blackmon CB USC

222. Kaevon Merriweather S Iowa

I made one trade down late to get 222.  I probably went too heavy on CBs but figure the more in camp the better odds of finding the right one.  The guys at the end fit the Holmes and DC style of later picks with being undersized but graded high.  I wouldn't be mad if the draft turned out similar to this.  

• Like 1

Ran a pfn mock (it does round one for you to set things up as it currently stands) and ended up with this. (prioritized high RAS guys and guys who seem like "Dan Campbell guys") this is not necessarily what I would do but what I could see them thing after what happened last night.

34. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia 

48. Steve Avila, G, TCU 

55. Julius Brent's, CB, Kansas State 

152. Andre Iosivas, WR, Princeton 

159. Sidy Sow, T/G, Eastern Michigan

168. Moro Ojomo, DT, Texas 

183. Gervarrius Owens, S, Houston 

194. Jake Moody, K, Michigan

• Like 1

• #12 - Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
  • #18 - Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa

TRADE

Pick #34 to Las Vegas (Hendon Hooker) for #38, #100, 2024 R4

• #38 - Keion White, Edge, Georgia Tech: A huge dude (6'5, 285 lbs) with a 9.92 RAS, White was invited on night 1 of the draft. He's going to join a group that includes Cominsky and Paschal where he can develop as he's a converted tight end and still learning the position
  • #48 - Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin: The Lions still need to address the IDL and they've bypassed on Jalen Carter at #6. Benton isn't the player that Carter is but he's a very solid prospect in his own right. He'll provide pressure up the middle and allow our ends to do damage

TRADE

D'Andre Swift, #55 and #152 for #60 and #92 > The selection of Gibbs has made Swift expendable and is likely on his way out the door. The Lions get the value of a 4th round pick in this move, which is likely what Swift's value is going to be at this point. 

• #60 - Matthew Bergeron, OT/OG, Syracuse: A player that had been getting some 1st round buzz, he is a versatile player that can be played at OT or OG and gives us some flexibility on the line
  • #92 - Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford: He's one of my draft crushes and I hope that a) we get him and b) his health checks out. He's a true X WR that is going to round out our WR corp. 
  • #100 - Cory Trice, CB, Purdue: This is a deep CB class and I expect the Lions will try to take advantage of that by adding talent much deeper in the draft than they would be in most other years
  • #159 - Sidy Sow, OG, Eastern Michigan: Double dipping at OL, big body guy with a lot of experience
  • #168 - Starling Thomas V, CB, UAB: Double dipping yet again. Thomas has really good physical tools. Good developmental prospect
  • #183 - Noah Gindorff, TE, North Dakota State: A strong blocker with upside as a pass catcher. The Lions bypassed on Washington due to medicals and now opt to address the position
  • #194 - Ronnie Bell, WR, Michigan: The Lions have met with Bell multiple times in this process. The suspension of Jameson Williams does increase the need (slightly) for the Lions to add at WR. Solid run blocker and a competitive player. 

Day 2 of the draft draft (with a couple trade backs)

• DET
    Jahmyr Gibbs
    RB Alabama

• DET
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• DET
    Cedric Tillman
    WR Tennessee
    trade icon
  • DET
    O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida

• DET
    Tyrique Stevenson
    CB Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • DET
    Jammie Robinson
    S Florida State
    trade icon
  • DET
    Moro Ojomo
    DT Texas
    trade icon
  • DET
    Luke Schoonmaker
    TE Michigan

• DET
    Dorian Thompson-Robinson
    QB UCLA

• DET
    YaYa Diaby
    EDGE Louisville

• DET
    Andrei Iosivas
    WR Princeton

• DET
    Cameron Mitchell
    CB Northwestern

FANSPEAK MOCK DRAFT (No trades)

34 - Brian Branch

48 - Keeanu Benton

55 - Jonathan Mingo

152 - Jake Moody

159 - Tanner McKee

168 - Zack Kuntz

183 - Andre Carter, Edge, Army <He needs at least a year of an NFL strength program including a nutrition program. 

194 - Starling Thomas, CB, UAB

• Like 1

12. Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama

18. Jack Campbell LB Iowa

No trades. 

34. O'Cyrus Torrence OG Florida- Branch and Porter were first two players off the board. Comes in and immediately competes for starting position. 

48. Julius Brents CB Kansas State- the last of my top CBs in this draft. 

55. Rashee Rice WR SMU- Hyatt, Tillman were both gone. 

152. Moro Ojomo DT Texas- Took my best DL available here. 

159. Andrew Vorhees OG USC- Doubled up on IOL. He can sit for the year and heal. 

168. Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA- developmental QB to sit behind Goff. Has run ability. 

183. Karl Brooks DT Bowling Green- my favorite late round value pick. I wonder if he lasts this long. 

194. Jake Moody K Michigan- best leg in the draft. 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

12. Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama

18. Jack Campbell LB Iowa

No trades. 

34. O'Cyrus Torrence OG Florida- Branch and Porter were first two players off the board. Comes in and immediately competes for starting position. 

48. Julius Brents CB Kansas State- the last of my top CBs in this draft. 

55. Rashee Rice WR SMU- Hyatt, Tillman were both gone. 

152. Moro Ojomo DT Texas- Took my best DL available here. 

159. Andrew Vorhees OG USC- Doubled up on IOL. He can sit for the year and heal. 

168. Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA- developmental QB to sit behind Goff. Has run ability. 

183. Karl Brooks DT Bowling Green- my favorite late round value pick. I wonder if he lasts this long. 

194. Jake Moody K Michigan- best leg in the draft. 

Not a fan of Rice.  I like Brents but wonder if there will be a better player there.  But I think you landed some good players.  I think Torrence would awesome in our scheme next to Sewell.