Random mock drafts

Louis Friend

I likes this one... Highly doubt some of these guys will be there for these picks but whatever...I can't control the fact that these pfn simulations are incredible random and unrealistic and this isn't nearly as bad as some I've had (seriously I had one where I drafted Will Anderson at 8 after trading down...)

11. Lucas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa

18. Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois

41. O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida (definitely won't be here)

48. Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa (probably won't be here)

55. Keion White, DL, Georgia Tech (drafted to move inside as a 3 tech, also very probably won't be here)

81. Sam Laporta, TE, Iowa 

152. Bruce Ford-Wheaton, WR, West Virginia 

159. Dewayne McBride, RB, UAB 

183. Dorian Williams, LB, Tulane 

194. Aidan O'Connell, QB, Purdue 

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

I mean, this:

• DET
    Peter Skoronski
    OL Northwestern
    trade icon
  • DET
    Lukas Van Ness
    EDGE Iowa
    trade icon
  • DET
    Nolan Smith
    LB/EDGE/PR Georgia
    trade icon
  • DET
    Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  • DET
    Emmanuel Forbes
    CB Mississippi State

• DET
    Antonio Johnson
    S Texas A&M
    trade icon
  • DET
    Noah Sewell 
    LB Oregon 
    trade icon
  • DET
    Israel Abanikanda 
    RB Pittsburgh 
    trade icon
  • DET
    Tanner McKee
    QB Stanford
    trade icon
  • DET
    Carrington Valentine
    CB Kentucky
    trade icon
  • DET
    Michael Wilson
    WR Stanford
    trade icon
  • DET
    Jake Moody
    K Michigan
    trade icon
Edited by NudeTayne

ARIF HASAN CONSENSUS BIG BOARD MOCK

According to Sam Monson of PFF, Arif Hasan's consensus big board has shown to accurately predict up to 80% where guys have been drafted historically. With that being said, here's a mock using this to see where guys might fall.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-nfl-draft-industry-consensus-big-board/

Rule - Select a player at the pick number or 4 spots (group of 5 prospects)

• #6 - Tyree Wilson, Edge, Texas Tech; Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon, Peter Skoronski, OL, Northwestern; Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio State; Myles Murphy, Edge, Clemson

Pick: Tyree Wilson, Edge, Texas Tech

Placing Wilson opposite Hutch on the closed end is going to give us bookend guys on the DL for years to come. He had a great pressure rate and is an absolute Travon Walker type of freak athlete. 

• #18 - Jaxon Smith-Njibga, WR, Ohio State; Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame; Brian Branch, S, Alabama; Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson; Lukas Van Ness, Edge Iowa

Pick: Brian Branch, S, Alabama

Branch was somewhat disappointing athletically but he is an outstanding all-around safety. We have CJGJ here on a 1-year deal and we can't be absolutely certain about Tracy coming back 100%. Branch will find a spot on the field in 2023 but he'll find himself locked in as a key starter in 2024.

• #48 - Isaiah Foskey, Edge, Notre Dame; Cody Mauch, OL, North Dakota State; Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Edge, Kansas State; Derick Hall, Edge, Auburn; Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan

Pick: Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan

Based on the selection of Wilson, this came down to either Mauch or Smith. We're adding the big-body dude to the interior on the defensive line and playing him next to his former teammate.  

• #55 - Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor; Steve Avila, OG, TCU; Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin; Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa; Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA

Pick: Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa

As long as Campbell is available, I'm always going to pick him. His floor is a consistent long-term starter that offers above-average coverage. His ceiling is a poor man's Luke Kuechly, which I will gladly take. 

#81 - Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma; Kyu Blue Kelly, CB, Stanford; Sydney Brown, S, Illinois; Luke Wypler, OC, Ohio State; JL Skinner, S, Boise State

Pick: Kyu Blue Kelly, CB, Stanford

We haven't been able to address CB yet and Kelly offers some size as a developmental prospect. I would have been interested in adding Brown if we didn't already address S in Branch earlier. I like Skinner as a possible S/LB but he's going to have a tough time finding room to get on the field in that DB room

#152 - Jake Haener, QB, Fresno State; Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton; Keondre Coburn, DT, Texas; Jakorian Bennett, CB, Maryland; Jaxson Kirkland, OT, Washington

Pick: Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton

A great blend of size and speed, he's going to need a lot of time to develop after playing in the Ivy League. 

#159- Dontay Demus, WR, Maryland; McClendon Curtis, OG, Chattanooga; Warren McClendon, OT, Georgia; Carter Warren, OT, Pittsburgh; Yaya Diaby, Edge, Louisville

Pick: McClendon Curtis, OG, Chattanooga

I like Curtis' size and he has graded out fairly well at PFF. He has a shot to develop and take over at RG later in the year or in 2024

#183 - Chris Rodriguez, RB, Kentucky; Yasir Abdullah, Edge, Louisville; Nick Saldiveri, OL, Old Dominion; Jalen Redmond, DT, Oklahoma; Elijah Higgins, WR/TE, Stanford

Pick: Chris Rodriguez, RB, Kentucky

A big body, powerful rusher. He's going to get shots at RB3 to move the pile behind our great OL

#194 - Anthony Johnson, CB, Virginia; Trey Dean, S, Florida; Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State; Jerrod Clark, NT, Coastal Carolina; Rashad Torrence, S, Florida

Pick: Anthony Johnson, CB, Virginia

Johnson has really nice size and tools as a developmental CB. We need to add some depth and talent that will be signed in 2024 and beyond. 

STACKING THE LINE

• 6 Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia
  • 18 Calijah Kancey, DT/DE, Pittsburgh
  • 48 Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
  • 55 Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami
  • 81 Tanner McKee, QB, Stanford
  • 152 Andrew Vorhees, OG, USC
  • 159 Anthony Johnson, S, Iowa State
  • 183 Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton
  • 194 Evan Hull, RB, Northwestern

6. Jalen Carter DT Georgia- Best prospect on the board, massive area of need. 

Lions trade pick #18 to Baltimore Ravens for #22 pick and a 2024 2nd round pick. 

22. Bijan Robinson RB Texas- All the DBs were gone, I don't value Kancey as a 1st rd pick (he went #34 in this mock). Bijan was the top talent for a position that might be retooled in the next year. Swift is on his last chance, IMO. Either he puts it together, or the Lions move on. Robinson/Montgomery is a damn solid RB duo. 

48. Darnell Washington TE Georgia- Washington was my BPA here and is more of a blocking TE and extra lineman than a receiving threat. He will do wonders in the offense with Robinson now in the backfield. 

55. Jack Campbell LB Iowa- BPA and immediate area of need. 

81. Jordan Battle S Alabama- I had three guys to choose from here and Battle was my guy. He can play multiple roles and will help disguise our defensive scheme while on the field. 

152. Braeden Daniels OG Utah- Took a G to develop and see what happens with Vaitai, Glasgow and Jonah next season. 

159. Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA- Going to take a QB somewhere, if not in the draft than signing someone after the draft. DTR is one of the best in the draft as far as the screen game. Runs well, completes a nice percentage, needs some work but has upside.

183. Aubrey Miller Jr. LB Jackson State- Good coverage LB. Love his upside. Would be thrilled to land him.

194. Jake Moody K Michigan- Best leg in the draft. Immediately allows us to move on from Badgley. 

2024 BAL 2nd

35 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

6. Jalen Carter DT Georgia- Best prospect on the board, massive area of need. 

Lions trade pick #18 to Baltimore Ravens for #22 pick and a 2024 2nd round pick. 

22. Bijan Robinson RB Texas- All the DBs were gone, I don't value Kancey as a 1st rd pick (he went #34 in this mock). Bijan was the top talent for a position that might be retooled in the next year. Swift is on his last chance, IMO. Either he puts it together, or the Lions move on. Robinson/Montgomery is a damn solid RB duo. 

48. Darnell Washington TE Georgia- Washington was my BPA here and is more of a blocking TE and extra lineman than a receiving threat. He will do wonders in the offense with Robinson now in the backfield. 

55. Jack Campbell LB Iowa- BPA and immediate area of need. 

81. Jordan Battle S Alabama- I had three guys to choose from here and Battle was my guy. He can play multiple roles and will help disguise our defensive scheme while on the field. 

152. Braeden Daniels OG Utah- Took a G to develop and see what happens with Vaitai, Glasgow and Jonah next season. 

159. Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA- Going to take a QB somewhere, if not in the draft than signing someone after the draft. DTR is one of the best in the draft as far as the screen game. Runs well, completes a nice percentage, needs some work but has upside.

183. Aubrey Miller Jr. LB Jackson State- Good coverage LB. Love his upside. Would be thrilled to land him.

194. Jake Moody K Michigan- Best leg in the draft. Immediately allows us to move on from Badgley. 

2024 BAL 2nd

If this mock was a woman, I would want to make sweet sweet love to it. 

• Like 1

Stacking the trenches mock

6. Jalen Carter DT Georgia

18. Nolan Smith EDGE Georgia

48. Dawand Jones OT Ohio State

55. Julius Brents CB Kansas State

81. Kendre Miller RB TCU

152. Andrew Vorhees, G USC

159. Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA

183. Karl Brooks DT Bowling Green

194. Jake Moody K Michigan

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Why do you hate it?

Tyree Wilson is not worth the #6 pick for me. Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, Jalen Carter, Will Anderson, Devon Witherspoon, Christian Gonzalez are the top 6 guys in this draft. To stay at #6 and draft someone else is a waste of value. If you are enamored with Wilson, move down. Yes, he has long arms. Doesn't make him a can't miss prospect. 

Kancey is not a first round pick for me. I've stated this multiple times. I know people are looking for another DT after Carter but there isn't the value in the first round at that position after Carter. Kancey is undersized and despite playing for Pitt, He's not Aaron Donald. He's a day two guys. 

Jahmyr Gibbs is a good RB but there is better value at #48 than him. 

Sanders is a blah pick for me. Don't hate it, don't love it. Considering what else he's done with the mock, could have gotten a better player to make up the difference. 

Shoonmaker is a day 3 talent. I don't care that he's from Michigan. I hate reaching for guys. It's a pet peeve. People want the Lions to draft a TE so badly and yet they take a day 3 guys when there will literally be 20 guys better than him in the first two days. 

If this is how the draft plays out, I will be HIGHLY disappointed. He did not HIT on any pick. Not one. I understand sometimes you whiff, but you can't have an entire draft of whiffs.