6. Jalen Carter DT Georgia

18. Brian Branch S Alabama

55. Calijah Kancey DT Pittsburgh

58. Jack Campbell LB Iowa

81. Steve Avila OG TCU

90. Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion

183. Max Duggan QB TCU

194. Jake Moody K Michigan

I see us cutting Vaitai with Avila and Glasgow. Also, Jake Moody beats out Badgley for K. 

Re-Sign DJ Chark and Dan Skipper.

Roster:

QB- Jared Goff/Max Duggan

RB- David Montgomery/D'Andre Swift/Craig Reynolds

WR- DJ Chark/Josh Reynolds/Quintez Cephus

LT- Taylor Decker/Dan Skipper

LG- Jonah Jackson/Logan Stenberg

OC- Frank Ragnow/Ross Pierschbacher

RG- Steve Avila/Graham Glasgow

RT- Penei Sewell/Matt Nelson

TE- Brock Wright/Zach Kuntz/James Mitchell/Shane Zylstra

SLOT- Amon-Ra St. Brown

WR- Jameson Williams/Kalif Raymond

DE- Charles Harris/James Houston/Josh Paschal

DT- Alim McNeill/Isaiah Buggs

DT- Jalen Carter/Calijah Kancey

DE- Aidan Hutchinson/John Cominsky

LB- Malcolm Rodriguez/Derrick Barnes/Julian Okwara

LB- Alex Anzalone/Jack Campbell

NB- Will Harris/Ifeatu Melifonwu

CB- Emmanuel Moseley/Jeff Okudah

S- CJ Gardner-Johnson/Tracy Walker

S- Kerby Joseph/Brian Branch/C.J. Moore

CB- Cam Sutton/Jerry Jacobs

K- Jake Moody

P- Jack Fox

LS- Jake McQuaide

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

I'm completely out on branch. Slow DBs just don't make it anymore. And Kancey has pretty much solidified himself in the first round. 

Huh? There are numerous slot CBs and safeties in the NFL that run in the 4.5 range and play at a very high level.

I wouldn't want an outside CB that runs in that range but as a slot CB/S it's really not an issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Huh? There are numerous slot CBs and safeties in the NFL that run in the 4.5 range and play at a very high level.

I wouldn't want an outside CB that runs in that range but as a slot CB/S it's really not an issue.

Out of PFFs top 20 safeties, only 3 had a slower 40 than Branch. 

Playing around with the idea of taking an OL for our first pick. I want to make the power of our offense the power for the foreseeable future. So once Decker's contract is up, we replace him with Sewell and Slide the new RT into place. Without further adieu, my pff mock.
Trade:

Lions get R1: 8, R5: 159, and 2024 Rd 1 -> Atlanta get R1: 6

Trade:

Lions get R1: 11, R1 2024, R1 2025 -> TN gets R1:8, R1 2024 (Lions Pick)

#11 Paris Johnson Jr - T, Ohio State.

I think I like Johnson more than Skoronski, but that depends on the day. Johnson already has some time at G and has played at LT. So he has versatility. Once we move on from Decker, we slide Johnson to the right side and call it a day. Our OL is set for the next 5 years and remains the power of this team. For the next few years, the strength of this team will be elite.

R1: 18 Joey Porter Jr -CB, Penn State

I still like Porter and I like his length. I'm not sure why he has fallen so much and although we don't have a massive need for DB, we have a bunch of one year contracts. Overall we have a large corner with good arm length who can take his time to develop. I also think he is going to have a chip on his shoulder. I like chips.

R2: 48 Jahmyr Gibbs - RB, Alabama

We are adding more juice to the run game. Speedy back who can makes Swift expendable and sets up our backfield nicely for the next 3 years. A complete luxury pick, but best of luck defending our run game.

R2: 55 Keeanu Benton - DL, Wisconsin

I like Benton and have been picking him a lot more. We need to solidify the interior of the Dline. Benton should help with that.

R3: 81 Rashee Rice WR SMU

Looking around the third round to start upgrading our receivers.

R5: 152 Jaxson Kirkland G, Washington

This is where I start not knowing prospects very well. I went with another Olinmen to add depth. This OL cannot have a drop off if we are to do any damage in the playoffs. IMO, it is the single most important unit in Detroit in 2023. Everything works based on them.

R5: 159 Stetson Bennett QB, Georgia

I'm taking our development qb here. I'm sure many won't like this, but I look at it from the perspective of the kid playing an important position and is already a champion. There are worse things to work with.

R6: 183 Aubrey Miller Jr - Jackson State

Looking for Special Teams players here.

R6: 194 Will Mallory TE, Miaiam FL

Another Special Teamer who has the ability to catch.

In the end, I traded away more of this years better prospects for future war ammo and focused on upgrading the oline and dbs. We walk away with two firsts this year, two firsts in 2024 and two firsts in 2025. I'm not overly high on this years top end so I think this will work out well without harming the team in 2023.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 2

Playing around with the idea of a big trade

TRADE

Detroit trades #6 and #81 to Tennessee for #11 and Jeffery Simmons

Simmons is signed to a 4 year $100M extension with a 2023 cap hit of $10M

The Titans are not in a position where they can give Simmons what he wants financially. They also are trying to find their QBOTF post-Tannehill as Malik isn't the guy. Either Levis or Richardson is available as the QB3 or QB4 and the teams will have already been in discussions regarding Simmons prior to this move up. 

#11 Peter Skoronski, OT/OG, Northwestern: Despite the re-signing of Glasgow and the restructuring of Vaitai, there are question marks at the RG position. Our OL is a strength on our roster and this allows it to continue to be for the short and long term. Skoronski could slide in at RG and stay there forever or be a potential Decker replacement in the future

#18 Joey Porter Jr, CB, Penn State: Even with the additions of Sutton, Moseley and CJGJ, addressing the secondary should be a concern. We only have two CB's signed in 2024 (3 if you want to include Jacobs who is an RFA). Porter can step in as a contributing player but isn't going to be forced to be CB1 right out of the gate against guys like Justin Jefferson. 

#48 Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama: The D'Andre Swift experience is now over in Detroit. Gibbs offers a lot of the same tools as Swift and will be a nice compliment to David Montgomery. He's an explosive player that adds a dynamic element to this offense.

TRADE

Detroit trades D'Andre Swift to the Bengals for #131 (R4) and #246 (R7)

#55 Daiyan Henley, Washington State, ILB: Jack Campbell was off the board by #48 and the Lions defense does not have a lot of other holes to fill at this point. Henley offers a highly athletic player albeit he is on the smaller size (228 lbs). 

#131 Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton: Using our little RAS X PFF tool, Iosivas comes in at an 829 (9.92 RAS; 83.6 PFF). He's a big (6'3, 205 lbs) and fast (4.43) player. He's been productive albeit at a lower level of competition. Joining a roster that includes ARSB, Jamo, Josh Reynolds, Kalif and possibly even DJ Chark, he can battle for a roster spot and develop as a player. Upside player and we have seen guys come from smaller schools who have physical tools be impact players. 

#152 Viliami Fehoko, Edge, San Jose State: Big guy at 270 lbs. 

#183 Clayton Tune, QB, Houston: Developmental QB behind Goff. Very high RAS X PFF score (895) and has some tools. Worth a shot. 

#194 Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State: We don't place a ton of value at the TE position. He's likely more of a 4th round pick but gets pushed down due to the depth of the class. Has good size and decent athleticism (8.94 RAS). 

#246 Kaveon Merriweather, S, Iowa: I keep coming back to him and feel he's undervalued. Split safety guy that can play in the back end or come up on the line. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Playing around with the idea of a big trade

TRADE

The Titans are not in a position where they can give Simmons what he wants financially. They also are trying to find their QBOTF post-Tannehill as Malik isn't the guy. Either Levis or Richardson is available as the QB3 or QB4 and the teams will have already been in discussions regarding Simmons prior to this move up. 

#11 Peter Skoronski, OT/OG, Northwestern: Despite the re-signing of Glasgow and the restructuring of Vaitai, there are question marks at the RG position. Our OL is a strength on our roster and this allows it to continue to be for the short and long term. Skoronski could slide in at RG and stay there forever or be a potential Decker replacement in the future

#18 Joey Porter Jr, CB, Penn State: Even with the additions of Sutton, Moseley and CJGJ, addressing the secondary should be a concern. We only have two CB's signed in 2024 (3 if you want to include Jacobs who is an RFA). Porter can step in as a contributing player but isn't going to be forced to be CB1 right out of the gate against guys like Justin Jefferson. 

#48 Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama: The D'Andre Swift experience is now over in Detroit. Gibbs offers a lot of the same tools as Swift and will be a nice compliment to David Montgomery. He's an explosive player that adds a dynamic element to this offense.

TRADE

#55 Daiyan Henley, Washington State, ILB: Jack Campbell was off the board by #48 and the Lions defense does not have a lot of other holes to fill at this point. Henley offers a highly athletic player albeit he is on the smaller size (228 lbs). 

#131 Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton: Using our little RAS X PFF tool, Iosivas comes in at an 829 (9.92 RAS; 83.6 PFF). He's a big (6'3, 205 lbs) and fast (4.43) player. He's been productive albeit at a lower level of competition. Joining a roster that includes ARSB, Jamo, Josh Reynolds, Kalif and possibly even DJ Chark, he can battle for a roster spot and develop as a player. Upside player and we have seen guys come from smaller schools who have physical tools be impact players. 

#152 Viliami Fehoko, Edge, San Jose State: Big guy at 270 lbs. 

#183 Clayton Tune, QB, Houston: Developmental QB behind Goff. Very high RAS X PFF score (895) and has some tools. Worth a shot. 

#194 Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State: We don't place a ton of value at the TE position. He's likely more of a 4th round pick but gets pushed down due to the depth of the class. Has good size and decent athleticism (8.94 RAS). 

#246 Kaveon Merriweather, S, Iowa: I keep coming back to him and feel he's undervalued. Split safety guy that can play in the back end or come up on the line. 

Using RAS x PFF to make a mock 😎

• Like 1

In conjunction with my two round draft: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/48402-post-fa-two-rounders-player-trades/

Trade: #48 to Buffalo for Ed Oliver
Trade: #6, #55, 2024 3rd to Seattle for #5, #151 

5. Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Alabama
18. Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
81. Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane
144. Ivan Pace Jr., LB, Cincinnati
152. Jartavius Martin, S, Illinois
183. Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR, West Virginia
194. Chandler Zavala, G, North Carolina State

V2.0 aka Cornering the market on Sutton's

TRADE

TRADE

Detroit trades #152 and 2024 3rd to Denver for Courtland Sutton, WR

With DJ Chark signing a new deal with the Panthers, the Lions opt to add a veteran WR in a "win now" deal. We now have a proven veteran with a big body. The Broncos need cap relief but re-work the deal and take on some money in order to get that future 3rd. 

TRADE

#131 Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton: Using our little RAS X PFF tool, Iosivas comes in at an 829 (9.92 RAS; 83.6 PFF). He's a big (6'3, 205 lbs) and fast (4.43) player. He's been productive albeit at a lower level of competition. Joining a roster that includes ARSB, Jamo, Josh Reynolds, Kalif Raymond and new addition Sutton, he can battle for a roster spot and develop as a player. Upside player and we have seen guys come from smaller schools who have physical tools be impact players with some time. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 2:27 PM, Karnage84 said:

V2.0 aka Cornering the market on Sutton's

TRADE

TRADE

Detroit trades #152 and 2024 3rd to Denver for Courtland Sutton, WR

With DJ Chark signing a new deal with the Panthers, the Lions opt to add a veteran WR in a "win now" deal. We now have a proven veteran with a big body. The Broncos need cap relief but re-work the deal and take on some money in order to get that future 3rd. 

TRADE

#131 Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton: Using our little RAS X PFF tool, Iosivas comes in at an 829 (9.92 RAS; 83.6 PFF). He's a big (6'3, 205 lbs) and fast (4.43) player. He's been productive albeit at a lower level of competition. Joining a roster that includes ARSB, Jamo, Josh Reynolds, Kalif Raymond and new addition Sutton, he can battle for a roster spot and develop as a player. Upside player and we have seen guys come from smaller schools who have physical tools be impact players with some time. 

While I like Johnson and Jones much more than Skoronski (who I think will be a bust as a high first round guy), the rest would be a dream. Simmons would be perfect and Sutton IMO is the best receiver on Denver, but they seem like they're ready to move on because of his injuries. I put him in that AJ Brown category, but he's being slept on so I think the compensation is correct. Porter and Gibbs are solid value there. Witherspoon would be a fun story, but that HOF bloodline isn't nothing. Nice one 👌.

On 3/21/2023 at 10:39 AM, LionArkie said:

Playing around with the idea of taking an OL for our first pick. I want to make the power of our offense the power for the foreseeable future. So once Decker's contract is up, we replace him with Sewell and Slide the new RT into place. Without further adieu, my pff mock.
Trade:

Lions get R1: 8, R5: 159, and 2024 Rd 1 -> Atlanta get R1: 6

Trade:

Lions get R1: 11, R1 2024, R1 2025 -> TN gets R1:8, R1 2024 (Lions Pick)

#11 Paris Johnson Jr - T, Ohio State.

I think I like Johnson more than Skoronski, but that depends on the day. Johnson already has some time at G and has played at LT. So he has versatility. Once we move on from Decker, we slide Johnson to the right side and call it a day. Our OL is set for the next 5 years and remains the power of this team. For the next few years, the strength of this team will be elite.

R1: 18 Joey Porter Jr -CB, Penn State

I still like Porter and I like his length. I'm not sure why he has fallen so much and although we don't have a massive need for DB, we have a bunch of one year contracts. Overall we have a large corner with good arm length who can take his time to develop. I also think he is going to have a chip on his shoulder. I like chips.

R2: 48 Jahmyr Gibbs - RB, Alabama

We are adding more juice to the run game. Speedy back who can makes Swift expendable and sets up our backfield nicely for the next 3 years. A complete luxury pick, but best of luck defending our run game.

R2: 55 Keeanu Benton - DL, Wisconsin

I like Benton and have been picking him a lot more. We need to solidify the interior of the Dline. Benton should help with that.

R3: 81 Rashee Rice WR SMU

Looking around the third round to start upgrading our receivers.

R5: 152 Jaxson Kirkland G, Washington

This is where I start not knowing prospects very well. I went with another Olinmen to add depth. This OL cannot have a drop off if we are to do any damage in the playoffs. IMO, it is the single most important unit in Detroit in 2023. Everything works based on them.

R5: 159 Stetson Bennett QB, Georgia

I'm taking our development qb here. I'm sure many won't like this, but I look at it from the perspective of the kid playing an important position and is already a champion. There are worse things to work with.

R6: 183 Aubrey Miller Jr - Jackson State

Looking for Special Teams players here.

R6: 194 Will Mallory TE, Miaiam FL

Another Special Teamer who has the ability to catch.

In the end, I traded away more of this years better prospects for future war ammo and focused on upgrading the oline and dbs. We walk away with two firsts this year, two firsts in 2024 and two firsts in 2025. I'm not overly high on this years top end so I think this will work out well without harming the team in 2023.

While the trades are a bit absurd 😃, I very much like the guys you grabbed. Johnston at 11 with positional flexibility is 👌. Porter at 18 is nice value. We'll see how it goes a few years from now, but it seems like there is a tier-1 of CBs and it's Gonzalez/Witherspoon/Porter so nice value at 18. 

Gibbs could be more productive than Bijan in the right system IMO, and I have a feeling Bijan ends up like Barkley with an injury issue, as he has taken some mean hits in college and been contortioned a bit. It's just a feeling, but yeah, Gibbs is my boy at that draft position. I love that. 

Benton seems a bit high, but that's only because I'm going off perception of draft stock, as most have him in the third. But I think he's worth a second so 🤷

Rice seems to be very boom/bust in perception. I've watched some cute-ups but no strong sense on him. Seems like a good risk on the third for an elite athlete with size.

Kirkland is a great risk on the fifth and I'm a Stetson Bennett truther in the later rounds. I believe his floor is a high-end backup on the NFL, which is worth the pick alone. I'm liking the mocks.

• Like 1