QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

23 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well then your FO needs a reality check to accept the only offer out there to help Love. Because the fall back option is Rodgers coming back and Love on the bench with an expiring contract and a ton of money you’d still owe Rodgers.

By that logic, why would the Jets offer anything of value for Rodgers?  The Jets need Aaron Rodgers as much as the Packers need to get rid of Rodgers.  As much as you want to say that the Jets can pivot to another QB or roll back with Zach Wilson (LOL), they won't.  It's Aaron Rodgers.  Unless the Packers are being absolutely unreasonable, a deal will eventually get done.

11 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

GB needs this more than the Jets. 

Except that isn't true.  The Jets aren't going to turn to Zach Wilson after they've very publicly shown that they're looking to replace him.  So unless you believe that the Ravens aren't going to match a deal on Lamar Jackson, your options in FA right now consist of Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, and Teddy Bridgewater.  Yikes.  A deal will inevitable get done, but suggesting that the Jets don't need Rodgers is ridiculous.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

By that logic, why would the Jets offer anything of value for Rodgers?  The Jets need Aaron Rodgers as much as the Packers need to get rid of Rodgers.  As much as you want to say that the Jets can pivot to another QB or roll back with Zach Wilson (LOL), they won't.  It's Aaron Rodgers.  Unless the Packers are being absolutely unreasonable, a deal will eventually get done.

Well its pretty clear we aren’t offering anything if significant value bc the trade isn’t done.

I think a deal gets done as well. Just not sure how far apart they are now. I imagine they meet in the middle eventually. Just not sure when that is.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well its pretty clear we aren’t offering anything if significant value bc the trade isn’t done.

I think a deal gets done as well. Just not sure how far apart they are now. I imagine they meet in the middle eventually. Just not sure when that is.

Trey Wingo is probably the guy who has been the "most" right.  Schefter is clearly the mouthpiece for the Jets, while it seems Rappaport is the Packers' mouthpiece.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Your conditions are way too favorable for GB to hit the escalator and doesn't exactly equate to NYJ playoff success. I think you're getting warmer with the 2023 2nd & 2024 conditional 2nd, but incentives need to be based on playoffs not regular season stats. No 2025 picks.

Then quit saying you may only get one year out of Rodgers if won’t give a future 25 pick if he plays in 2024,  no loss for you if he only plays one year. Obvious believe he will play more than one year.

If ARod has a 110 QBR, he will be in the MVP conversation probably, Packers shouldn’t be penalized if Breece ruptures his Achilles in week 2, Moore throws a tantrum for not getting targets, or Sauce gets arrested for arson.

Edited by fattlipp

A lot of people seem to now think this trade wont happen until after June 1st. Jets keep all there picks this year for that 1-2 year run with Rodgers and money I guess is easier for GB with a post June 1st move.

So that might be the hold up. Not sure why that can't just be said from one or both of the sides if true. Or at least have them tell Rodgers that and then him and his agent give that timeframe.

Since we haven't heard that. I'm wondering if they are trying to get a deal done sooner rather than later for 2023 picks perhaps. I just know our GM and there's no way he's given away 13. So if GB wants a 1st it'd only be in conversation for next year or even 2025. If that's the case... that might be why there's no hurry. Bc the picks that would matter to GB aren't until next year, so they have no reason to act fast and actually save money I believe post June 1. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Trey Wingo is probably the guy who has been the "most" right.  Schefter is clearly the mouthpiece for the Jets, while it seems Rappaport is the Packers' mouthpiece.

Both Rappaport & SCHEFTER had a verbal fight the other day one is trying to out scop the other.

Enough is enough it's time to tell the Packers is it a deal or no deal. We should give them ten more days and that is it. Right now, Douglas hands are Tied and can't make ant deals till we know how much money we really have to spend on players. I am so sick and tired of hearing soft cap hard cap and all this other crap. 

You guys ever play Hearts? 

If you don't, the object of card game is to not take any points.  Hearts are worth 1 and Queen of Spades is worth 13.   If you collect all the hearts and Queen of Spades every other player gets 26 pts.  It is called "Shooting the moon."  It is difficult to do without a near perfect hand to do so.  

This situation feels to me like Packers are holding the Queen of Spades and Jets are trying to shoot the moon in 2023.  

The question is, do the Jets have a shoot the moon hand?   And is it worth all the points you will eat if you don't get there?  

I say you just make them eat the Queen and walk away.  There is still time.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You guys ever play Hearts? 

If you don't, the object of card game is to not take any points.  Hearts are worth 1 and Queen of Spades is worth 13.   If you collect all the hearts and Queen of Spades every other player gets 26 pts.  It is called "Shooting the moon."  It is difficult to do without a near perfect hand to do so.  

This situation feels to me like Packers are holding the Queen of Spades and Jets are trying to shoot the moon in 2023.  

The question is, do the Jets have a shoot the moon hand?   And is it worth all the points you will eat if you don't get there?  

I say you just make them eat the Queen and walk away.  There is still time.

Except the Queen has an opinion and has asked to shoot the moon. 

18 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Except the Queen has an opinion and has asked to shoot the moon. 

Before or after 'she' was invited to leave?

Leaving bails you out of a bad and awkward situation and a LOT of money in exchange for a one year gamble on a guy Packers can't wait to show the door.   On top of that they are being greedy and trying to squeeze them.

My offer would be (close to) nothing.  Not even the fee for the gaming licence, which I would appreciate it if they paid personally.

Al Pacino Waiting GIF

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Before or after 'she' was invited to leave?

Leaving bails you out of a bad and awkward situation and a LOT of money in exchange for a one year gamble on a guy Packers can't wait to show the door.   On top of that they are being greedy and trying to squeeze them.

My offer would be (close to) nothing.  Not even the fee for the gaming licence, which I would appreciate it if they paid personally.

Al Pacino Waiting GIF

Which would be the case if we had a QB let's say like Darnold after his 3rd season. Where the fallback option wasn't the worst young QB that's played as many games as Wilson in the NFL.

So we do have to make the move. That doesn't mean we need to overpay. But we do have to get it done.