QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Which would be the case if we had a QB let's say like Darnold after his 3rd season. Where the fallback option wasn't the worst young QB that's played as many games as Wilson in the NFL.

So we do have to make the move. That doesn't mean we need to overpay. But we do have to get it done.

IF you HAVE to get it done.  Then that gives GB some leverage which is what they are using.    

That is a choice you are making.  The only QBs available to play are not Rodgers or Wilson.   Rodgers is just your preference.   

Green Bay more so has to get him out of there.  They already invited him to leave and him staying would be really awkward.

Like still living with your ex while going through a nasty divorce.  Plus it costs them a fortune for him to stay.  

It is interesting.   Colts are sick of trading for vets and you are sick of rookie QBs and want a vet.  

I guess we will see who blinks first. 

I will say I strongly disagree with giving up significant draft capital for this move plus taking on all that salary for what is likely a very short period of time.

If it is just some salary and a 2nd day pick then it makes more sense.   I still wouldn't do it, but it isn't crazy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

IF you HAVE to get it done.  Then that gives GB some leverage which is what they are using.    

That is a choice you are making.  The only QBs available to play are not Rodgers or Wilson.   Rodgers is just your preference.   

Green Bay more so has to get him out of there.  They already invited him to leave and him staying would be really awkward.

Like still living with your ex while going through a nasty divorce.  Plus it costs them a fortune for him to stay.  

It is interesting.   Colts are sick of trading for vets and you are sick of rookie QBs and want a vet.  

I guess we will see who blinks first. 

I will say I strongly disagree with giving up significant draft capital for this move plus taking on all that salary for what is likely a very short period of time.

If it is just some salary and a 2nd day pick then it makes more sense.   I still wouldn't do it, but it isn't crazy.

That's our hope

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You guys ever play Hearts? 

If you don't, the object of card game is to not take any points.  Hearts are worth 1 and Queen of Spades is worth 13.   If you collect all the hearts and Queen of Spades every other player gets 26 pts.  It is called "Shooting the moon."  It is difficult to do without a near perfect hand to do so.  

This situation feels to me like Packers are holding the Queen of Spades and Jets are trying to shoot the moon in 2023.  

The question is, do the Jets have a shoot the moon hand?   And is it worth all the points you will eat if you don't get there?  

I say you just make them eat the Queen and walk away.  There is still time.

Such ill will from a Chicago fan!  What have we ever done to generate it?  :)

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

Such ill will from a Chicago fan!  What have we ever done to generate it?  :)

Whaaaaaat?  I am just trying to help my fellow humans (Jets fans that is).  LOL

I have been on your board this year and I know how you guys really feel. 

Trying to polish up that old porsche that you know is a lemon so you can get draft picks.  Caveat emptor, eh?

You eat your own turd sandwich.  You should have made that trade last year instead of the Seahawks.

You would be bathing in all those sweet, sweet early picks last year and this year as we speak. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I have been on your board this year and I know how you guys really feel.

I'm done with AR holding the team hostage and we've mortgaged our cap situation to keep the guys together for additional shots at the brass ring. I simply feel it's time for a reset - for all concerned - but I've no doubt whatsoever that he could play as long as Brady has - if - he puts in the necessary work. Will he? I'll eagerly wait for confirmation the Jets have convinced him to do it.

I'm ready for new ownership of the Bears to take place :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Then quit saying you may only get one year out of Rodgers if won’t give a future 25 pick if he plays in 2024,  no loss for you if he only plays one year. Obvious believe he will play more than one year.

If ARod has a 110 QBR, he will be in the MVP conversation probably, Packers shouldn’t be penalized if Breece ruptures his Achilles in week 2, Moore throws a tantrum for not getting targets, or Sauce gets arrested for arson.

There's a very real chance that Rodgers who was 90% retiring going into this offseason only plays one more season. So no I'm not going to quit saying that because it's true. I would like for him to play for more than one year, and that's what the 2024 conditional pick is for. 2023 2nd & 2024 conditional pick makes sense. If you guys wind up getting a 1st and 2nd in exchange for Jets reaching the Super Bowl in Rodgers one and only year with us, while getting rid of that contract, that's the same as what you got for Davante in his prime. More than a fair offer with those two picks alone. And make no mistake, the Super Bowl is the goal if we trade for Rodgers. 

Any player can get injured at any time, that's ridiculous, sorry.

7 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If you guys trade Jermaine Johnson , would you consider it trading a ‘1st round pick’ ? Just curious

We aren't trading Johnson. He was developing for us and we are hoping that he turns out a big year this season. I expect he'll be our starting DE.  He may never be the dominant edge rusher type, but I think he'll be a very good all round DE. 

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

We aren't trading Johnson. He was developing for us and we are hoping that he turns out a big year this season. I expect he'll be our starting DE.  He may never be the dominant edge rusher type, but I think he'll be a very good all round DE. 

So you will consider is in the same light as ‘trading a 1st round pick’ just checking !

13 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If you guys trade Jermaine Johnson , would you consider it trading a ‘1st round pick’ ? Just curious

JJ was just a 1st rounder last year... so of course. He was also very good in his limited snaps bc we rotate quite a bit at DE. If he was a regular starter and didn't miss a handful of games... he would've been REALLY good.

These are questions I don't get. Would you consider trading Quay Walker the equivalent of trading a 1st round pick? Of course you would.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

JJ was just a 1st rounder last year... so of course. He was also very good in his limited snaps bc we rotate quite a bit at DE. If he was a regular starter and didn't miss a handful of games... he would've been REALLY good.

These are questions I don't get. Would you consider trading Quay Walker the equivalent of trading a 1st round pick? Of course you would.

I was just checking. I just don't want the people who say 'there's no chance a 1st rounder is included' to say it wasn't a 1st rounder if he's the centerpiece. 

I'm done talking to GB fans. They need to be back on earth. You have GM's around the league who say NO WAY are you moving a first round pick for him. That hepls set the market. GB fans so those guys don't know or care because their job is not on the line. SMH. I'm done with this Rodgers talk. To be honesty if I'm the jets I would start to talk the the Rams about Stafford and even ask about Lamar to pur pressure on the Packers. We DON'T need Rodgers when you still have options out there.