QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

10 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Why would anybody think that the Packers are "forcing Rodgers out"? 

From the time that Jordan Love was drafted, this was always going to be the outcome because Aaron Rodgers was never going to be done as an NFL QB by the time Love was ready to take over. 

Then there is the whole "commitment" issues re: Rodgers' 2022 campaign with the Packers, which suggests much more so that he quit the Packers well before they quit on him. Especially when you consider the contract they gave him.

So if Packers fans still really truly feel that the team is forcing Rodgers out, they were simply not paying attention or refuse to believe the inevitable.

It's no different than the Favre saga, except Favre was closer to retirement than Rodgers is IMO.  There was a large faction of Favre stans that didn't come around Green Bay until after Aaron Rodgers proved himself.

I have scared thought about having veteran qb for Super Bowl run.    Vinny T and his company were primed to get into Super Bowl but Vinny T got hurt and put on IR after one game or whatever for Bill Parcells.

Brett Favre and his company were primed to similar run for Eric Mangini but Favre's shoulder got worse prompting Favre and Mangini to being poor attitude.

Now, we are on Rodgers who had broken collarbone twice and battled several injuries.  Same for Lamar Jackson and his bum knee.  I don't like those odds.

3 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I wouldn't have drafted Zach Wilson, so sometimes the armchair GM wins. In fact, I would have fired the scouts who thought we should have drafted that fraud.

I  have been saying that for years, our scouting staff sucks. Baseball;; scouts are far superiors than football scouts., a lot of  people should have been fired over this Zach Wilson pick. We should all be thankful that Joe Douglas makes all the player moves.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Retirement.  If it's still retirement or Jets, the Packers would probably rather let Rodgers retire then take a mediocre package from the Jets.  In fact, I think it might be preferred if we're being honest.  I think the Packers' FO is very leery about having the optics that they're forcing out Rodgers in any way.

Then your whole FO is a bunch of fools.

They'd rather pay a guy to sit at home 60mill then accept a trade for a couple mid round picks. If that's not idiotic... I don't know it is. 

• Like 1

In 1965 we had a much bigger problem than we have today We drafter Joe Namath with the first pick in the draft in the old AFL but the St Louis Cards also drafted Joe Namath with the first pick in the draft in the old NFL. Why did we win because we had a great owner SONNY (as in money Werbin, not that Wimp Woody.

So all I can say to you young guYs is to MANUP and get me a QB. I am to old to do it my self        GOOD LUCK

Yeah if its costing us a 1st +, pivot to Lamar. I don't love the Lamar trade because he want's more than QBs who are better then him and wants 100% guaranteed AND hes his own agent. If its 2 1sts 4/180 112.5m guaranteed I would do it. Otherwise I find it extremely hard to believe hes getting more or the Ravens haven't already offered something like this that is more than fair. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

How long do you wait for Rodgers?

Tough situation given it's Rodgers who is known to take his time. And the Jets really don't want to rush him to rattle him.  But keep in mind he did this same thing last year with GB and still let them know a couple days before legal talks could go on. So he knows how that all works and realizes the team needs to have a plan. I think the longer it goes on the more it appears he's retiring bc that'd be a screw you to the Packers to not know until last minute (or even after). But I think he let's us know if he does want to go to us, no later by the end of the day tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

How long do you wait for Rodgers?

Rodgers isn't stupid.  If he's playing in 2023 and the trade really is set then he'll let the Jets know before tampering begins so they can add pieces around him to win.  He's a weird guy but he's not stupid.  If he's playing we'll know before tampering starts.

Seems like a guy that would wait until Tuesday to go in McAfee and make the announcement himself.  Tampering starts Wednesday right?