The Good, the Bad, the EXTEND JOSH JACOBS vs. Seahawks (Post-game chat)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Derek Carr's movement and ball placement were both on point today.

The high ball to Moreau late in the 4th was bad but I agree he was on it. I really wish he would use his legs more because he can get going once he tucks it and runs. 

Carr's short comings are all mental. 

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The high ball to Moreau late in the 4th was bad but I agree he was on it. I really wish he would use his legs more because he can get going once he tucks it and runs. 

You hope the more he plays in the scheme and gets waller/renfrow back, the better the confidence/decision making. You can see that when we really need it, he improvises/runs more. Need that urgency all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Agree Carr needs to run more but props to him for not falling apart after the 2 ints basically gave sea 10 free points. He was throwing dimes after that. 

• Like 1

The Good

The first and most important thing is the team seems to be playing hard and has bought into what McDaniels is selling. There were occasional poor play calls, occasional poor execution but the effort is there for all to see and they look like a team. Liked the way they work the running game, that was a NE trait, good to see Abdullah and White involved too. Optimistic with a little patience we'll see more as that was a good win at a very tough place to play.

Jacobs was superb, excellent game and great to see him get a few catches too. Credit to the Oline run blocking aswell and the play calling (apart from that one 4th down run). It's easy to nit-pick but I think overall McDaniels is finding his feet as a HC.

Carr I thought was excellent, one poor throw early and one that seems like miscommunication for the interceptions but he bounced back and made a couple of spectacular throws. Thought his movement in the pocket was pretty good too. Next step is doing that every week now and keep adding the odd run to keep the defence on their toes.

Run defence was legendary against such a good RB, really making them one-dimensional. I thought all the Dline did well here and they all added a little bit of pressure too. Bilal Nicholls and Clelin Ferrell also had a few nice pressures and a QB hit or two.

My boy Billings I thought was great. A rock in the middle on run defence, regularly pushed a double team back and got a deserved sack. His play on the Walker big loss was superb, split the double team, met the RB in the backfield although he couldn't quite wrap him did enough that Perryman was there.    

Crosby again was great, as someone said in the gameday thread he is now progressing into that pre trade Mack territory. A true terror and finishing off too.

Adams had another quality game with some great grabs like the low ball and the sideline catch.

Perryman is a leader for this defence, they just play better when he is in. He has his faults but he's a glue guy for sure.

The Bad

We still need more from the other DE spot for Maxx. If we add that, and a genuine pass-rushing DT it would make the whole D better and help everyone out.

Pass defence was iffy at times and guys seemed to be wide open too often. Moehrig is disappointing TBH.

Too many missed tackles for my liking. Possibly due to all the changes and disruption but our tackling seems to have been poor for ages.

We always seem to have a blatant drop at a crucial time.

The Ugly

I can't really think of anything that bad.................maybe the Waller situation which is frustrating?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I love how you hate to acknowledge that I was correct in believing Jacobs could become our GOAT.

Wait, what..................GOAT as in better than Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson 😂

Credit where it's due, Jacobs is having a great season but that is some über hyperbole right there!!!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The Good

The first and most important thing is the team seems to be playing hard and has bought into what McDaniels is selling. There were occasional poor play calls, occasional poor execution but the effort is there for all to see and they look like a team. Liked the way they work the running game, that was a NE trait, good to see Abdullah and White involved too. Optimistic with a little patience we'll see more as that was a good win at a very tough place to play.

Jacobs was superb, excellent game and great to see him get a few catches too. Credit to the Oline run blocking aswell and the play calling (apart from that one 4th down run). It's easy to nit-pick but I think overall McDaniels is finding his feet as a HC.

Carr I thought was excellent, one poor throw early and one that seems like miscommunication for the interceptions but he bounced back and made a couple of spectacular throws. Thought his movement in the pocket was pretty good too. Next step is doing that every week now and keep adding the odd run to keep the defence on their toes.

Run defence was legendary against such a good RB, really making them one-dimensional. I thought all the Dline did well here and they all added a little bit of pressure too. Bilal Nicholls and Clelin Ferrell also had a few nice pressures and a QB hit or two.

My boy Billings I thought was great. A rock in the middle on run defence, regularly pushed a double team back and got a deserved sack. His play on the Walker big loss was superb, split the double team, met the RB in the backfield although he couldn't quite wrap him did enough that Perryman was there.    

Crosby again was great, as someone said in the gameday thread he is now progressing into that pre trade Mack territory. A true terror and finishing off too.

Adams had another quality game with some great grabs like the low ball and the sideline catch.

Perryman is a leader for this defence, they just play better when he is in. He has his faults but he's a glue guy for sure.

The Bad

We still need more from the other DE spot for Maxx. If we add that, and a genuine pass-rushing DT it would make the whole D better and help everyone out.

Pass defence was iffy at times and guys seemed to be wide open too often. Moehrig is disappointing TBH.

Too many missed tackles for my liking. Possibly due to all the changes and disruption but our tackling seems to have been poor for ages.

We always seem to have a blatant drop at a crucial time.

The Ugly

I can't really think of anything that bad.................maybe the Waller situation which is frustrating?

Agree with all this, Billings was excellent, hopefully the injury isn’t too bad ? 

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Agree with all this, Billings was excellent, hopefully the injury isn’t too bad ? 

Yeh, hopefully. I always thought that he just needed a run of games as he's had a really stop-start career. He's not the complete player I thought he may be but if we can add a genuine pass-rushing DT next to him then we could be onto something. 

44 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, hopefully. I always thought that he just needed a run of games as he's had a really stop-start career. He's not the complete player I thought he may be but if we can add a genuine pass-rushing DT next to him then we could be onto something. 

I always think these big guys get better as they get older. They realise the role they play and hone their craft. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I always think these big guys get better as they get older. They realise the role they play and hone their craft. 

Totally agree, and he came into the league as a 21 year old rookie which is incredibly raw for that type of player. Hope we haven't jinxed him now!!!

The good- jacobs, adams, carr, Crosby. 
the o line post 1rst qtr.

the d line in both phases today.

the bad- situational calling a few times, our secondary overall. Refs with their non calls.

the ugly- people on here who just gotta name call, toot their stupid *ss horn and just GOTTA be right. Smmfh!!!! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The Good- Victory Monday are the best. The entire team from Offense, Defense and coaching had their hand in this victory. Unbelievable run by Jacob 35 years to the date Bo Jackson house call in Seattle. 

The Bad- Who cares we won

Isn't that kind of the idea with supporting a team?

I just don't understand why you would want a team not to win.............losing for a better draft pick to me is just anathema. Draft picks are way over rated, plus if we want a player we can always trade up and get them anyway. You just said Victory Mondays are the best so it seems like you care a little? I just don't understand this 😁

• Like 2