The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

Pricey, but a 1 yr deal and we weren't doing anything else with the money. 

Now, let's see if he proves it after getting paid. 

I don't mind the price on the 1 yr deal, but does it set a floor for negotiations? Because no way I'm paying $12m/per for any RB on a longer term deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Pricey, but a 1 yr deal and we weren't doing anything else with the money. 

Now, let's see if he proves it after getting paid. 

I don't mind the price on the 1 yr deal, but does it set a floor for negotiations? Because no way I'm paying $12m/per for any RB on a longer term deal. 

This says he is gone next year unless he looks like Barry Emmitt and Walter wrapped up in one. All these rbs are looking for these 14 15 16 mill a year for multiple years are going to hit the Market and have to deal with reality. 

Edited by dante9876

19 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Does that mean he'll accept a long term contract offer now? ( meaning After this season?)

I think it means he had language in this one year deal that say, they can't franchise him again and unless raiders go to 14 or so mill he is going to be a free agent. He would have to be even better than last year for raiders to even consider 14 though. I think he is going to hit the market. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

I think it means he had language in this one year deal that say, they can't franchise him again and unless raiders go to 14 or so mill he is going to be a free agent. He would have to be even better than last year for raiders to even consider 14 though. I think he is going to hit the market. 

This is what I was waiting for the details of the deal