Playoff (Umm…DRAFT PICK) Picture Thread 2022

e16bball

15 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Rooting for the 9ers tonight gentlemen! We gotta hope that their defense takes a hit and they come out with the W.

Then we need to get the job done on Sunday night.

Things continue to seem to fall into place. If we can manage to get through NYG on Sunday night, I think we’re one more win away from locking in a spot in the dance. 

SF looks somehow unbeatable, even with Brock F. Purdy, and DAL looks awfully tough as well (though they’ll have almost certainly locked in their playoff position by Week 18). That leaves CLE as the best possibility to grab a win, but what a crazy wild card they are with Watson. Who the heck knows where they’ll be as a team by the time we get there to play them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Things continue to seem to fall into place. If we can manage to get through NYG on Sunday night, I think we’re one more win away from locking in a spot in the dance. 

SF looks somehow unbeatable, even with Brock F. Purdy, and DAL looks awfully tough as well (though they’ll have almost certainly locked in their playoff position by Week 18). That leaves CLE as the best possibility to grab a win, but what a crazy wild card they are with Watson. Who the heck knows where they’ll be as a team by the time we get there to play them?

Watson has looked awful so far.

• Like 1

We have San Francisco coming up which is literally going to be McCaffrey running all over our defense. If Brock Purdy can come down from cloud 9, and our defense can step up a bit, we might have a small ice cube's chance in hell to pull it off. That San Fran defense is the best in the league and our offensive line is awful. 

Then, it's Cleveland. 60/40 a winnable game, but Cleveland's defense is no slouch. I assume that Deshaun Watson is going to have a lot of rust to shake off yet, and that this season, or the remainder of it is meant to do that. I still can't discount one of the best RB's in the league to do some damage. 

Finally, it's Dallas. A winnable game, IF, and only IF, they have nothing to play for. Outside of keeping starters in for a half, if we are vying for a spot, then keeping us out of the playoffs might be a focus for the Cowboys. 

As it stands, I don't see the Commanders making the playoffs. The Giants game was critical. 

• Like 1

I agree about us not making the playoffs. We were royally screwed by the refs against the NY Giants. Mara has always been on the good side of the NFL and Snyder is the dark side. I was looking through our NFL draft history and notice accept for our original pick of Sammy Baugh and Norm Sneed playing for someone else that every other QB picked in the first round sucked or failed after a year or so. How is that even possible? We have drafted over 10 QBs in the first round and none panned out except for the fore mentioned QBs. We have been around since the 1930s! Almost 90 years. We have had only two periods in our NFL history of being a constant playoff team. During the late 30s and early 40s with Sammy Baugh and the 10 years under Gibbs first time with the team. We have not been to a NFC Conference Game since 1992! It has been over 30 years! I pray we get a new owner that can find us great GM & HC to rebuild the team and finally find us a franchise QB. 

• Like 1

I'm not giving up.

If we can beat the Eagles, we can beat the Niners.

Think about this for a sec?

If we beat the Niners?

And Chiefs beats Seattle?

And Carolina beats Detroit this Saturday?

All we need after that, is a win vs Cleveland or Dallas to secure a Playoff spot.

Not both.

Regardless of what Seattle & Detroit did after that.

On 12/22/2022 at 6:28 PM, Skinscavalier said:

If, if, if! If we had beaten the NY Giants we wouldn't be in this mess!

Currently we’re still in. We have to hope that Wentz plays well enough that we beat the Browns next week & then the Cowboys rest some starters week 18 so we finish the season 9-7-1 & make the playoffs as the 7th seed. Then, We face the Vikings w/Wentz this time & hopefully we beat them!

Edited by turtle28

I think you guys are going to make it in. So far Watson has not been able to shake off the rust and your playing the Browns at home. You guys also got Chase Young back, he should be off the pitch count. The Eagles should be able to manhandle the Saints making it so the Cowboys have nothing to play for when they face you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I think you guys are going to make it in. So far Watson has not been able to shake off the rust and your playing the Browns at home. You guys also got Chase Young back, he should be off the pitch count. The Eagles should be able to manhandle the Saints making it so the Cowboys have nothing to play for when they face you.

Chase actually played 30 snaps yesterday, so he wasn’t even on a snap count yesterday.

Edited by turtle28

There's another path to the Playoffs I haven't heard yet, that needs to be brought up.

If Washington lost to the Browns, but beat Dallas. We would finish 8-8-1.

If the Giants lost to the Colts & Eagles? They would also be 8-8-1.

Wouldn't Washington leap ahead of the Giants because of Divisional record?

Washington would be 2-3-1 in Division.

Giants would finish 1-4-1 in Division.

Thus, Washington finishes ahead of Giants in Playoff position.

Now obviously, that seeding would determine what Green Bay, Detroit & Seattle do.

But I haven't heard many talk about this. I guess most expect Giants to beat Indy. 

So we really need Giants, Colts, Packers & Lions to lose.

And I would argue the Giants losing to the Colts is as big, if not bigger than the other 3 teams.

Because if we were to beat Dallas & Giants lost to Philly? We would leap them in the Division.

Just something to think about.