Week 13 GDT: Chargers at Raiders - Playoff Run Starts Now!

NYRaider

Can we keep the run to 10-7 going?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chargers

14 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

The Rams are going to be pissed after getting their ***** kicked by Seattle. We are not in a position to overlook anybody so if Hunter and Waller are remotely ready then they need to be activated. 

Agree with you 100%, if they are ready, let’s get it! But I don’t think it’s out of the question that the staff may give them more time to get 100% with zero hesitations than to rush them into a short week, rusty and probably minimal practice.

also if we can’t beat a Rams team without Stafford, Cupp, Robinson, Donald, etc, we don’t deserve to make the playoffs to begin with!

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 2

I received info tonight from one of my many Raider online sites.  The guy said Carr has been only allowed to call audibles the last three games.  I rebutted that I've seen him audible since the start of the season.  He indicated that was not the case, he could only make changes regarding the direction of the play.  I asked for clarity on that and he stated instead of running right he could switch it to left or vice versa.  I found to limit Carr in that fashion was rookie material.  I asked for his source but he said he couldn't remember, either a local news pub or an online site.  Teammates were discussing it.  I will acknowledge that there has been dramatic changes in their play the last three games.

Duron Harmon who they noted on TV tonight is a captain, presumably of the defense, gave a pep talk in the locker room a few weeks back about the level of intensity in practice translates to the field.  Defense is playing much better.  Chandler Jones, who many of us have consider a slacker, got three sacks tonight.  I'm sure Herbert was surprised. 

• Like 2

I know some people looked at the Carr presser like he was soft, but I love the passion he has for this organization and I know how bad he wants to win for us fans. Not trying to debate about whether we should move on or that he’ll never be the guy, but facts are we’ve had a piss poor defense for 2 decades and I don’t think any top tier QB would have carried this team to a SB ring if it was plug and play over the last 9 years.. I want to see what this 3 year window brings, solidify the OLine with upgrades at RG and RT this offseason and build the D with a majority of our draft capital and cap space!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I received info tonight from one of my many Raider online sites.  The guy said Carr has been only allowed to call audibles the last three games.  I rebutted that I've seen him audible since the start of the season.  He indicated that was not the case, he could only make changes regarding the direction of the play.  I asked for clarity on that and he stated instead of running right he could switch it to left or vice versa.  I found to limit Carr in that fashion was rookie material.  I asked for his source but he said he couldn't remember, either a local news pub or an online site.  Teammates were discussing it.  I will acknowledge that there has been dramatic changes in their play the last three games.

Duron Harmon who they noted on TV tonight is a captain, presumably of the defense, gave a pep talk in the locker room a few weeks back about the level of intensity in practice translates to the field.  Defense is playing much better.  Chandler Jones, who many of us have consider a slacker, got three sacks tonight.  I'm sure Herbert was surprised. 

They are right about Carr changing the call at the line. He is the real reason the offense is working not Josh and his stupid play calling.

11 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I'm OK with that, how do other players not play better when back are up in ??  If you start for the Raiders how do not dominate back-ups

Exactly, I won't criticise a guy for taking advantage of favourable matchups or playing backups, it's what our good players should do. Criticism is due when they don't take advantage. Is he still disappointing? Yes, no doubt, but at least he showed up this game and made a big contribution. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

Hopefully the staff/upper management has realized where our shortcomings were/are and make those improvements this offseason. Crazy to think that we could be 8-4/9-3 if not for some blown leads/flat performances on both sides of the ball.. Now both sides are starting to gel, starting to think it was more to do with new systems/learning curves and very little real time/game time experience together. Another infusion of draft picks and a few FA pieces and 2023 could be special if we get on a roll out of the gate!

This is exactly why you must never get too high after a win nor too low after a loss, need to watch the actual performance and understand what happened whilst not in the heat of the moment. I've often reacted far too quickly whilst emotional during the game and then watching the game back a day later you realise that most games come down to one or two moments and changing momentum. The moments and momentum got away from us early on in the season but the mistakes we were making (and still are to a lesser degree) are all very fixable, so with decent coaching it looked to me we could easily improve and we seem to be doing that.

The good news is that our failings now seem obvious and relatively easily fixable - I say easily but it's about adding a bit more talent to Oline and Dline which is not straight forward in the draft and FA but a good FO can do it, and sharpening up in the Red Zone on O and D which is execution and small adjustments in playcalling. I can see the way we're heading and I quite like it................

• Like 4

On 12/3/2022 at 10:39 PM, ronjon1990 said:

First good QB with some weapons we've played in almost 2 months. 

Their D is pretty banged up though. 

Hopefully the offense keeps looking like something, but man we're limited in options and playing with fire it feels like. 

Should be fun, but I expect our D to fall apart while Herbert and Co. just pepper our giant gaping coverage holes while Patrick Graham twiddles his thumbs and makes no adjustments. 

Chargers 38 Raiders 28

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477mjy6re9siw3zjk27a

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

They are right about Carr changing the call at the line. He is the real reason the offense is working not Josh and his stupid play calling.

So you think Josh mcdaniels who supposedly is such a control freak is letting carr audible to flea flickers. Lolol. Whatever story line to hate on mcdaniels that works for you. 

• Like 3

Really hope Graham continues to be aggressive with defensive play calling. The blitzes made sense yesterday. The pressure helped the secondary perform much better. I'm not a Graham fan but if he gives us 4 to 5 weeks like this to end season, you got to bring him back. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So you think Josh mcdaniels who supposedly is such a control freak is letting carr audible to flea flickers. Lolol. Whatever story line to hate on mcdaniels that works for you. 

No , Carr had no control over any play until a few games ago.

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Defense has a good outing against a backup squad and it's all like "SeE gUyS wE tOlD yOu GrAhAm WaS gReAt!"

Always an excuse. Can't accept maybe they are progressing and the added talent of Tillery has helped. Nobody is saying Graham is great, just that your black and white criticism is off base. 

• Like 3