Week 15 Gameday Thread (Buck/Aikman Edition) - Green Bay Packers (5-8-0) vs. LA/St. Louis/LA Rams (4-9-0)

Striker

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've NEVER heard Aaron laugh like that before. And he did it twice. He seems way more relaxed than I've ever, ever seen him.

It's awesome. 

I'm kinda confident now.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Was good to see Doubs make some plays today, idk why i always get Donald Driver vibes from him like the way he runs. Tho he's gotta work on his yac

Dude always falls after a catch but he had nothing left today but most part

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

draft and develop is still a process.  thinking otherwise seems misplaced

As in it was unrealistic of me to expect a WR1 out of the draft immediately? I agree. But Adams moving on and paying Rodgers even more money instead meant Gute put himself in a position where we HAD to get a WR1 out of the draft. So yeah it really comes down to—I wanted to win a Super Bowl and let Rodgers retire. Instead our offense stunk the season away. 

Now I just want to make the playoffs and eat Minnesota’s season in round 1. Then we can exit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Really like those two young receivers. I want 13 back next year. I think that is a damned fine top 3 WRs. Get another one in the draft and that position is looking really good. 

Depends on the price. If he's asking for anything more than 8 per I'm letting him walk. You can replace that skillet relatively easily. I do like both young guys and was sky high on Watson from the start. Kid is a unicorn. 

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

expectations are different for different types of prospects regardless of where they are drafted...c'mon now.

NFL draft history is filled with example of raw, elite tools athletes getting drafted very early, not having immediately impact in the NFL whether in the first or 7th round, and turning into elite NFL players.

Yeah wanted to go all in this year after 5 years (minimum) of everyone BUT me calling for it. I wanted to draft a Pro Ready player that would help immediately AND develop into being the obvious WR1 for the playoffs. None of them fell to us at 22. Wanted to bet on Pickens at 28. Watson will probably be better long term. Think Pickens would’ve provided more than Doubs and Watson have this year.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:40 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

We need to really come out flat and play with poor pad level. We need to really be loose with the football, be mentally laxidasical and really embrace those focus mistakes. If we could really maximize the communication screw ups that would really help. And of course, missing tackles is going to be absolutely huge in this one. 

If we come in and really focus on playing our D- game, I think we have a chance in this one. 

I look forward to your gameplan vs. Miami. 

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

As in it was unrealistic of me to expect a WR1 out of the draft immediately? I agree. But Adams moving on and paying Rodgers even more money instead meant Gute put himself in a position where we HAD to get a WR1 out of the draft. So yeah it really comes down to—I wanted to win a Super Bowl and let Rodgers retire. Instead our offense stunk the season away. 

Now I just want to make the playoffs and eat Minnesota’s season in round 1. Then we can exit.

maybe we did get a WR 1 out of the draft?

paying a QB the amount that Rodgers is getting paid should lessen the need for a WR that is all Pro.  

what was the alternative plan you would have done.  Adams didn't want to be in GB any more.