Week 14 GDT: The Eagles (11-1) vs the Giants (7-4-1)

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Where the “terrified for this Eagles defense” people at?

Good question. I know I'm usually more of the optimist here, but I didn't say most here were overreacting for no reason. We still need to get Chauncey back. Hopefully Reed isn't hurt too bad. Some big nickel with 3 safeties when Chauncey is back would be fun. Robert Quinn maybe after the knee scope will come back feeling better going into the playoffs. We are also still getting Jordan Davis back up to speed. Think he tweaked the ankle a bit last game in his return. Not sure how much he was in this game, but I know he was in when we were around the goal line. He should be pretty ramped up by the Dallas game.

Didn't realize live that was Jordan who almost got to him.

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Held Derrick Henry to 30 yards rushing for an average of 2.7 yards and a long of 6 yards.

Held Saquon Barkley to 29 yards rushing for an average of 3.1 yards and a long of 9 yards.

babe.gif

Those 2 did kind of hit a wall 2 or 3 weeks before we played them though. Obviously it's still great to shut them down, but those guys might not have another big game in them this season.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Those 2 did kind of hit a wall 2 or 3 weeks before we played them though. Obviously it's still great to shut them down, but those guys might not have another big game in them this season.

I mean they've been trying to carry their offenses. Doesn't surprise me they are slowing down. 

I do think our front has done a pretty great job and guys are reacting quick against the run from the second level. 

Obviously against a better QB than Jones or Tannehill it will be harder to commit as much against the run and do those run blitzes.

I guess we'll see what's up when we play Dallas.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Wrong. Don't discount what our defense achieved.

Henry just went off for 155 total yds and Tuddie vs Jacksonville. 

Teams are just stacking the box in no fear of Tannehill or Jones beating them.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wrong. Don't discount what our defense achieved.

Henry just went off for 155 total yds and Tuddie vs Jacksonville. 

Teams are just stacking the box in no fear of Tannehill or Jones beating them.

I don't think the Jags were too worried about stopping the run with a 2 score lead most of the game. Tanny threw it 38 times, which is probably a record for him during the Henry era.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

I don't think the Jags were too worried about stopping the run with a 2 score lead most of the game.

Doesn't change the fact, he still put up numbers. The Titans are literally a 1 man team. Who else do Defenses need to stop?

Giants are basically the same thing! Stop Saquon,  stop that offense. 

So apparently Sanders was Mic'd up for this game. Made reference to the block that sprung Hurts, eluded to the Waterboy scream, guess it might of came during or after that block? 😎

Should be a fun listen later thus week.

Complete domination of the Giants. Just wish no one else got hurt.