Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

17 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

You  could be looking at multiple years of suckage.  Drafting a QB is a crapshoot to begin with.  Second even if you do hit on a guy it takes a few years of development for him to get good.  Rookie QB's in general are going to suck until they get acclimated to the NFL.  Just the way it is.  Like how the Packers go about there business.  Draft and develop.  They just invested 3 years grooming Love to take over.  Did it the right way.

Franchise QB's don't grow on trees.  Jets haven't had one in over 50 years.  Yes being without a franchise QB is a scary thought.  Because your team is going to suck until you find one.  It isn't easy and takes involves some luck.  So you go 2-15 after Rodgers retires.  Draft a QB with you high pick.  Have no QB so you are forced to play him in year 1.  He busts rinse and repeat.  Nah man bad plan.  Bottom line you don't want to get caught without a QB or you are screwed.  This is why teams are so desperate and contracts have gotten out of hand. 

I agree, if you don't have a QB, you can get to a NFC CG or two, but that's it... if you do have one, you might get to a gaggle of them as well, or maybe beyond.

We could be looking at years of suckage with Love too, ya just never know. Thats why ya push everything in - cyclically - as many times over a 10-15 year window when you finally got one. Then start it all over again. The goal is to win the Super Bowl. Full Stop. Period.

Being good, but not great, nets you Missing Rings episodes made on ESPN.

Plenty of folks here are talking themselves into dwindling returns on a potential Rodgers trade as each day goes by, when the reality is a  top 3-5 pick go for bonkers hauls. Like I said, if you believe your FO, and Coaching staff is up to snuff, they'll get their guy - and coach him up with the right system and players around. If not... well clean house. 

Packers tried to have their cake and eat it too in 2020, now here we are.

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah, you never know. I think we take for granted sometimes that like 1 out of the 32 teams in the NFL "did a thing" and it worked, like now everyone can just do that. Oh they did it, 1 out of damn 32 did it, so we can, it's easy! 

There's plenty of teams trying the same kind of stuff and being stuck in purgatory or suck mode for ages. I have faith that crap doesn't happen here but still.

Hell I'll take it one step further.  Just because we have Love it shouldn't prevent the Packers from drafting and developing QB's.  Doesn't always have to be late rounders either.  Given the importance of the position want to keep that cupboard stocked.  Something that seems to have been lost in GB lately. 

If Love sucks (I think he'll be good) then where are we?  Packers find another QB they like they should draft them regardless.  Make sure that base is always covered.  Man being caught without a franchise QB does scare the hell out of me.  Should always be drafting and developing QB's.  Sure the Packers are doing there homework and fully expect them to take one in the mid or late rounds this year.  It's Etlng and nothing else behind Love right now.  I like Etling but still that's a scary thought.  

If we had any  money at all I'd sign a guy like Sam Darnold to back up Love.  Feel a lot better with him than a rook.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah, you never know. I think we take for granted sometimes that like 1 out of the 32 teams in the NFL "did a thing" and it worked, like now everyone can just do that. Oh they did it, 1 out of damn 32 did it, so we can, it's easy! 

There's plenty of teams trying the same kind of stuff and being stuck in purgatory or suck mode for ages. I have faith that crap doesn't happen here but still.

Yeah .. we could stink it up for a while if Love doesn't click, but I like that we have a guy with some potential waiting in the wings. They put a couple years into his development, so let's hope he's the guy to replace a legend.  Aaron can't play forever .. he's basically down to this final year or two, so this decision was coming at some point.  At least we have a guy and aren't out scrambling around for a replacement. 

39 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Hell I'll take it one step further.  Just because we have Love it shouldn't prevent the Packers from drafting and developing QB's.  Doesn't always have to be late rounders either.  Given the importance of the position want to keep that cupboard stocked.  Something that seems to have been lost in GB lately. 

If Love sucks (I think he'll be good) then where are we?  Packers find another QB they like they should draft them regardless.  Make sure that base is always covered.  Man being caught without a franchise QB does scare the hell out of me.  Should always be drafting and developing QB's.  Sure the Packers are doing there homework and fully expect them to take one in the mid or late rounds this year.  It's Etlng and nothing else behind Love right now.  I like Etling but still that's a scary thought.  

If we had any  money at all I'd sign a guy like Sam Darnold to back up Love.  Feel a lot better with him than a rook.

Not so sure Darnold would be my guy but I totally agree with this. 

Remember… Favre, Brunel, Detmer and Warner were all in camp at the same time. We didn’t stop with Favre

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

When did the forum become this? It's literally a circle jerk of old dudes liking each other's posts about how much they hate Rodgers. I never said he wasn't bad at times last year. The team sucked as a whole and I'm sorry I don't blame that all on Aaron.  I understand having limited valid points and having to resort to the things you all do. Glad it makes you feel better.

Hey, I'm an old dude .. maybe one of the oldest in this forum but not into circle jerks.   Bring a gal into it and yes .. I'll join in with the other posters.

18 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Not so sure Darnold would be my guy but I totally agree with this. 

Remember… Favre, Brunel, Detmer and Warner were all in camp at the same time. We didn’t stop with Favre

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769172-sam-darnold-nfl-draft-2018-scouting-report-for-new-york-jets-pick

Pretty spot on with respect to Darnold.  Let Clements work with him.  Talent is there.  Guy is only 26 and has some upside.  Doesn't matter we have no cash so will have to go with a rook.  So many of these talented guys come out get drafted high and forced to play before they are ready.  They get drafted but never developed. 

At least Darnold has some NFL experience.  Just another Jets bust like Wilson.  Wouldn't it be ironic if Rodgers goes to the Jets and we take a guy like Darnold fix his game and turn him into a player.  

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Ted Thompson, Brian Brohm, and Matt “Like in” Flynn agree.

Danny Etling is already 28 years old. Forget about him. He’s not on the roster moving forward. That’s a hole we have to fill if Rodgers leaves. I love filling holes as much as anyone with someone young and cheap. Doesn’t have to be a 1st round pick. It’s okay if they’re inexperienced. Just get something you can work with and see what they can handle.

14 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Hey, I'm an old dude .. maybe one of the oldest in this forum but not into circle jerks.   Bring a gal into it and yes .. I'll join in with the other posters.

Having that kind of an interaction with men even in the same room seems super messed up, sir. These are forums not 4chan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Ted Thompson, Brian Brohm, and Matt “Like in” Flynn agree.

Danny Etling is already 28 years old. Forget about him. He’s not on the roster moving forward. That’s a hole we have to fill if Rodgers leaves. I love filling holes as much as anyone with someone young and cheap. Doesn’t have to be a 1st round pick. It’s okay if they’re inexperienced. Just get something you can work with and see what they can handle.

Wouldn't dismiss Etling out of hand.  Yah he's 28 so what?  We need a decent back up who we can hopefully win a few games with.  Only problem with your statement is what if Love gets injured next season?  It's less than ideal to ever play rookie QB's especially a late round flyer.  Don't throw Purdy at me either.  That's winning the lottery.  This conversation I'm sure will pick up some steam once we have time to digest the fact that Rodgers is gone and start looking to the future.  We need a decent back up and a developmental prospect.  Maybe Etling wins the decent back up gig need to see more of that kid. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Wouldn't dismiss Etling out of hand.  Yah he's 28 so what?  We need a decent back up who we can hopefully win a few games with.  Only problem with your statement is what if Love gets injured next season?  It's less than ideal to ever play rookie QB's especially a late round flyer.  Don't throw Purdy at me either.  That's winning the lottery.  This conversation I'm sure will pick up some steam once we have time to digest the fact that Rodgers is gone and start looking to the future.  We need a decent back up and a developmental prospect.  Maybe Etling wins the decent back up gig need to see more of that kid. 

I’m just letting you know now, Danny Etling shouldn’t ever be playing live football in the NFL. That’s a loss every week. He can’t throw downfield. He’s great at simulating moving QBs in practice. I love all the Packers to death and for life regardless of anything they do. But Danny Etling is not a playable NFL QB and will not be.

Heinecke for QB2 if necessary. Don’t know who else there is but he gets number 4 and I think MLF can make him a 30TD 15INT 3,400 yard QB over an offseason.

Mahomes just tweeted it’s gonna be a wild week. He knows Rodgers is getting traded to the Raiders for #7 overall.

Jets probably weren’t willing to bring in Cobb and Lewis and Lazard, but Raiders will.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1