Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I never really thought of the PR side of it. Packers will probably want a nice gratuitous press release thanking Aaron, I'm sure they're going to have a press conference. They're probably staunchly against this leaking until it's official within the new league year.

Why does the new year matter? He can be traded whenever before it.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

terms can be agreed to, but nothing is official until the league year starts.  either side (teams and Rodgers) could back out of the trade prior to it being official

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No he can't, it can be agreed upon, but not official. There's no way the team would hold a presser or release any sort of the long drawn out thank yous I know they'll be releasing before the league year. Like the Davante trade there will be statements fired off within minutes of the trade leaking and the team will post about it.

Not saying they aren't negotiating, but it makes sense that if they have something done they put their foot down and said absolutely no leaks, we'll announce it Wednesday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

This sounds like trey is just covering up for his tweet, dude doesn’t know what’s going on. Sans what everyone know already, that Rodgers is going to be a Jet.

I mean he broke the news that the jets and rodgers were discussing a trade 

per @wingoz

"The tweet I put out is going to happen. The deal has essentially been in place since last Friday. The holdup isn't Aaron."

Isn't that kind of contradictory?  If the holdup isn't Rodgers, that means either the Jets or Packers are the holdup.  If the holdup is the Jets or Packers, there isn't a deal.

• Like 1