Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

The way I read it, McGinn thinks Rodgers will be traded. I don't think he was suggesting Packers would keep him and put him on the bench. Actually, I think Rodgers would agree to a trade as long as it's to a team he feels he can have success with. I don't think he'd want to be here if he feels he's not wanted here.

He wants to win another MVP, so the Raiders are his best chance. The Jets are going to run the ball too much for him to win MVP. The Raiders with Adams, Waller and 3rd and Renfrow are perfect for Rodgers. He can put up big stats and bow out of the playoffs, if they make them. 

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

The way I read it, McGinn thinks Rodgers will be traded. I don't think he was suggesting Packers would keep him and put him on the bench. Actually, I think Rodgers would agree to a trade as long as it's to a team he feels he can have success with. I don't think he'd want to be here if he feels he's not wanted here.

There's a real danger he'd be the back-up or on a super, duper short leash here. 

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Rodgers has said if the Packers want to move on from him he can accept that.  Hopefully if it comes to pass we will remember those words and work with the Packers to find him a new home, or retire. 

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

GB needs to make it appear they want Rodgers in GB to maximize his trade value.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes, just soft feelings for me. I just found your response to the info more extreme than expected ha. So it felt like you were upset about the reality Rodgers is likely gone.

Zoloft and dabs. I’m 100% good either way, which is how I think the Packers honestly feel. I’d be super pumped to see Love full time. Jacked to clear the contract simultaneously. I want free agency back. But I think he returns to play and Gute and LaFleur will have a plan. Green Bay’s too conservative historically to kick a beloved player out when he’s one MVP 2 of the last 3 seasons.

I just support the Packers and I’m not negative about players I see myself stuck with. I can’t imagine going through this season halfway cheering for our QB to fail so a switch can be made. Life’s too annoying as is to put myself in that mindset. Carrying the G isn’t cheering for losses. Those are our representatives on the field playing. Until Rodgers isn’t a Packer. I’m going to support him. IF he’s gone I be relieved I don’t have to keep trying to talk people into supporting him aka the team.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He wants to win another MVP, so the Raiders are his best chance. The Jets are going to run the ball too much for him to win MVP. The Raiders with Adams, Waller and 3rd and Renfrow are perfect for Rodgers. He can put up big stats and bow out of the playoffs, if they make them. 

Rodgers won the MVP in 2021 even though he was only 12th in passing attempts and 10th in passing yards. He won MVP because he had a 37/4 TD/INT ratio. And last year the Jets threw the ball more than the Packers or the Raiders. Jets aren't going to trade for Aaron Rodgers and then turn into the Ravens. 

Who gives an A-Rods dumb azz how many MVP’s Lord Rodg has won, that pursuit of personal pats on the back for regular season play may be part of the problem with the old man.

I don’t really give any credence to the mighty McGinn, but irregardless of his article the Packers front office should indeed be miffed at ol Rodg for failing yet once again but first they need to throw themselves under the bus for signing him to that beyond stupid contract in the first place.

Move the canker sore to the highest bidder and move on building for the now and future.  You can’t do that without getting the cap numbers back under control.

48 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Edit: Apparently, elsewhere in he podcast McGinn did say Rodgers would be the backup if the returns to Green Bay. I don't see that happening. 

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Stumbled upon some quotes from the McGinn piece.

“AS OF RIGHT NOW, I’M CONVINCED — BASED ON MY OWN INSTINCTS AND KNOWING THE NFL AND KNOWING WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ALL THESE DEFEATS AND DISCUSSIONS WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ORGANIZATION, OF THE PACKERS’ INTERNAL DEBATES — THAT THEY ARE DONE WITH RODGERS. THAT’S THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW, THAT HE’S NOT COMING BACK. THEY’RE DISGUSTED WITH HIM AND THEY’RE DONE WITH HIM AND THEY’RE MOVING ON. THIS IS GOING TO INVOLVE MONEY AND A TRADE PARTNER AND ALL KINDS OF THINGS. BUT I’M TOTALLY CONVINCED HE IS NOT GOING TO BE THEIR STARTING QUARTERBACK THIS YEAR

…IT’S LOVE’S TURN. THE ORGANIZATION’S GOING THAT WAY. AND THAT’S THE WAY IT IS. THIS IS EVERYBODY, I’M TOLD. THIS IS MURPHY. THIS IS LAFLEUR. THIS IS GUTEKUNST. THIS IS THE WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH. THEY’VE TURNED THE PAGE. THEY DON’T SEE RODGERS AS A GUY WHO’S REALLY WORKING HARD ANYMORE. THEY SEE A GUY WHO — WHEN HE REPORTED THIS YEAR — HIS BODY WASN’T SO-CALLED ‘TIGHT’ AND STRONG AS IT WAS. THEY SEE A GUY WHO BLEW OFF THE OFFSEASON LAST YEAR. … THEY’RE DONE.”

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/packers-reportedly-moving-on-from-aaron-rodgers/

It's all over social media now too.  Thanks McGinn.  Nice article.  Reason I never liked the guy is all he did was fan the flames.  He's at it again.  Guess after years of irrelevance he has to get his name back out there.  Pretty negative article just what we need to boost Rodger's trade value.  Thanks butthead.  

Doubt the Packers would be this negative on Rodgers.  Dude played through a broken thumb last year.  They may be done but it would be for other reasons.  Mainly financial.  Also the fact that this team is not a championship roster anymore.  Ran it back last couple of seasons and paid a heavy price.  Team is trending in the wrong direction.  It's time to clear cap space and start a mini rebuild process. 

If all goes well and Love is the man maybe we could be back in contention in a few years.  With or without Rodgers this team isn't going anywhere next year.  Guess that's the bottom line.   

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Edit: Apparently, elsewhere in he podcast McGinn did say Rodgers would be the backup if the returns to Green Bay. I don't see that happening. 

Bitter Bob throwing stones again. I’m not saying the FO isn’t ready to move on but adding all the emotion to it like he would know or that they would show any of those cards right now is not really credible. We’re officially in silly season and there is a good chance 12 is somewhere else next year but throwing out red hot “insider” takes while a guy is literally in the dark is bs as should be treated as such. 

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Packers let this article go because they want to motivate Rodgers to want to play for a different team so they can get some draft capital.

Rodgers let this article go to reduce his perceived value and therefore reduce the draft compensation to both screw the Packers but also to defensibly help his new team (but really to screw the Packers).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers let this article go to reduce his perceived value and therefore reduce the draft compensation to both screw the Packers but also to defensibly help his new team (but really to screw the Packers).

You’re wrong.