Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How would people feel about a Rodgers trade to Carolina?

Pick 39 in 2023 and a conditional 2024 pick that is a 2nd that could become a 1st based on Rodgers/ team performance.

What's wrong with pick 9 and a conditional pick in 2024? The Jets are reported to be willing to ship 2 - 1st. If true, the bidding starts there. 

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

What's wrong with pick 9 and a conditional pick in 2024? The Jets are reported to be willing to ship 2 - 1st. If true, the bidding starts there. 

If Rodgers wants to go to a team with an easier path to a playoff spot and says NYJ is not in his desired trade options, it doesn't really matter what NYJ are willing to offer 

New York Post -  Newly selected Hall of Famer Joe Klecko doubled down on his Aaron Rodgers thoughts — which he originally revealed to The Post’s Steve Serby — in an interview Wednesday with CBS Sports Radio’s “Zach Gelb Show.”

Klecko doesn’t see Rodgers as a fit with the Jets because of the franchise’s youth, and he said that in Green Bay, when Rodgers “didn’t have the perfect arrangement,” his approach became condescending to some of the surrounding players.

“I see a guy like [Derek] Carr, who is an All-Pro,” Klecko told Gelb. “He hasn’t been an MVP, but he has had some great years. I just can’t see them going after a guy that has had all his years and had his way. And then, when it doesn’t turn out his way, he goes dark. I just can’t see it.”

When pushed by Gelb, asking if he could see Rodgers ruining the Jets’ locker room, Klecko responded with an emphatic “absolutely.”

2 hours ago, Leader said:

New York Post -  Newly selected Hall of Famer Joe Klecko doubled down on his Aaron Rodgers thoughts — which he originally revealed to The Post’s Steve Serby — in an interview Wednesday with CBS Sports Radio’s “Zach Gelb Show.”

Klecko doesn’t see Rodgers as a fit with the Jets because of the franchise’s youth, and he said that in Green Bay, when Rodgers “didn’t have the perfect arrangement,” his approach became condescending to some of the surrounding players.

“I see a guy like [Derek] Carr, who is an All-Pro,” Klecko told Gelb. “He hasn’t been an MVP, but he has had some great years. I just can’t see them going after a guy that has had all his years and had his way. And then, when it doesn’t turn out his way, he goes dark. I just can’t see it.”

When pushed by Gelb, asking if he could see Rodgers ruining the Jets’ locker room, Klecko responded with an emphatic “absolutely.”

Outside of this forum that's a pretty universal opinion on Rodgers I think.

• Like 2

I’ve been pretty indifferent and leaning towards  getting the draft capital for him and going with Love.  But a growing part of me wants him to come back and tear it with Watson and co next year so people who don’t like him for whatever reason at this point can complain.

Wanting to move on from him is totally a fine opinion and I think it’s probably time too. But some people who used to love him or appreciate how great he has been basically hate him now more than athletes that get arrested, harm others,  do crap like Favre, etc, because they don’t agree with his political opinions or Covid or whatever else. 

Its not likely for GB to win another SB with him and going with Love is the prudent decision but would be pretty satisfying to watch at this point. Some “packer” fans would probably be rooting for them to lose at this point as long as he’s the QB.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’ve been pretty indifferent and leaning towards  getting the draft capital for him and going with Love.  But a growing part of me wants him to come back and tear it with Watson and co next year so people who don’t like him for whatever reason at this point can complain.

Wanting to move on from him is totally a fine opinion and I think it’s probably time too. But some people who used to love him or appreciate how great he has been basically hate him now more than athletes that get arrested, harm others,  do crap like Favre, etc, because they don’t agree with his political opinions or Covid or whatever else. 

Its not likely for GB to win another SB with him and going with Love is the prudent decision but would be pretty satisfying to watch at this point. Some “packer” fans would probably be rooting for them to lose at this point as long as he’s the QB.

Agree,  hate seeing Rodgers go, but its time.  You didn't get to the SB with much better teams than this 2023 will likely be.  A lot for me will be what draft capital they can get.  If we get offered peanuts I'd just keep Rodgers, but if it's a decent haul, I think you gotta do it.  He's 40 years old, talking about retiring, we've all seen this movie.  If he was 35, that's a different story.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

This is quite a take...I don't think most people -especially on this board - care that much about Rodgers' political stances-though if they do he brought it on himself by trying to be too clever by half with the whole "immunized" comment...it sounds like you want to "own the Rodgers haters" more than move forward-it's a weird take.

That said, If the people here didn't see the GB FO set up the last couple years to go "all in", I don't know what to say.  I get that it's easy to complain about Love vs Tee Higgins, but jfc...The previous two years prior to last year were set up for the team to make a run...and they didn't.  And those were more talented teams than what it looks like we'll go into 2023 with.  Here's the thing most of us know, even the poster I quoted...this team isn't set to win a super bowl, with #12 or after the move to Love.  If you can't go into the season thinking you can win, then you readjust/rebuild (whatever words make you feel better), and you don't pay an aging QB top dollar...

in the words of Ted Thompson..."this is a tough business..."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'd never root for AR to fail or for GB to lose. If that was (or became) my attitude....I wouldnt see much point in paying attention.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DamSamn said:

This is quite a take...I don't think most people -especially on this board - care that much about Rodgers' political stances-though if they do he brought it on himself by trying to be too clever by half with the whole "immunized" comment...it sounds like you want to "own the Rodgers haters" more than move forward-it's a weird take.

That said, If the people here didn't see the GB FO set up the last couple years to go "all in", I don't know what to say.  I get that it's easy to complain about Love vs Tee Higgins, but jfc...The previous two years prior to last year were set up for the team to make a run...and they didn't.  And those were more talented teams than what it looks like we'll go into 2023 with.  Here's the thing most of us know, even the poster I quoted...this team isn't set to win a super bowl, with #12 or after the move to Love.  If you can't go into the season thinking you can win, then you readjust/rebuild (whatever words make you feel better), and you don't pay an aging QB top dollar...

in the words of Ted Thompson..."this is a tough business..."

I'm not sure I'd come away with that when I said in there multiple times moving to Love is likely the right decision and I didn't just say his political opinions.

Many have just made disliking Rodgers like their entire fan identity and its getting old to constanly hear about it to the point i'd almost enjoy him coming back and doing well. Obviosuly the best scenario is we trade him and Love is good.

• Like 2