Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

32 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Bringing this up from before but this intended separation has the agent, David Dunn and Athletes First at the heart of it. Moving Rodgers and making Love the starter is in the agents interest. Having Jordan sit another year and keep him away from a big pay day is not desirable whatsoever.

The agent/s are going to want two starting NFL qbs for sure.  With the Packers being in constant contact with Love you'd have to think the Packers want him to be starting in GB asap.   Rodgers agent surely knows what is going on and who is interested in his client.  Aaron is probably well aware of the situation, unless he's told his agent to keep him "in the dark".  Hopefully this thing wraps up soon.  

per Zach Kruse:  "Gute: “I'm excited to see Jordan grow and play and I certainly expect that to be here.”

I wonder when he said that?  I don't recall hearing him say that in the press conference that was linked in this thread that I listened to.  

Edited by craig

5 minutes ago, craig said:

per Zach Kruse:  "Gute: “I'm excited to see Jordan grow and play and I certainly expect that to be here.”

I wonder when he said that?  I don't recall hearing him say that in the press conference that was linked in this thread that I listened to.  

When he was specifically asked about Loves future… the context matters as much as the quote.

21 minutes ago, craig said:

Gute basically did two other pressers for a total of three.

He said this and stressed in each presser that Love needs to play and that he’s ready. Another thing that stuck out to me was I think he said we have “two safeties who moved on”. 

In that imagining of what it would be like to Retire versus what it would be like to play, it's very clear the image that probably stuck out to him the most was sharing a Hall of Fame stage with Tom Brady. He's not retiring. I don't care what anyone says. His ego is FAR FAAAAAAAAR too big to share the stage with a QB widely considered the GOAT.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Who is Aubrey Marcus?

He’s one of the heirs to a male sex toy company and another rich blowhard with a podcast where free thinkers sit around and blow smoke up each other’s ***** trying to sound “profound” 

i can’t imagine listening to one minute of this

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Isherwood said:

He’s one of the heirs to a male sex toy company and another rich blowhard with a podcast where free thinkers sit around and blow smoke up each other’s ***** trying to sound “profound” 

i can’t imagine listening to one minute of this

GB media did for you. They said it sounds like he's back but no announcement. 

I'm thinking he's also introduced Rodgers to Ayahascua. 

Edited by Arthur Penske

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He's playing in 2023 but this podcast interview may not be helping any potential trade value. he said on different days in his retreat he thought he was retiring etc.

To be honest, I think he's trying to kill his trade market. Who's gonna want a 39-40y/o guy - who's probably gonna cost a lot (although if GB is serious about moving on from him they should lower the trade demand....) - who's  every other comment is "Gee I just cant make up my mind what I want to do with my future...."

Edited by Leader

Can both play? If Aaron Rodgers puts up 35 burgers in the first half then the second string unit comes in and plays.

Love can play if the score is high and he can try all the two point conversions and if they want he could also do the red zone plays. I guess there was a problem inside the offensive 10 or 20 yard line last year because the guy who usually plans them left for another position. 

I like how everyone in the media is honing their listening skills. Listen to the inflection of the second to last syllable when he says they are waiting for a response. It means something, it means he likes his job but doesn't like micromanagement.