Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

Doesn’t look like they have a ton of draft assets this year, with a low 1st and no 2nd. 

not sure if Ozzie is the type to pull the trigger on that. I’d assume he’d be more likely to start a rebuild if they let Lamar walk. 

They can franchise Lamar and get picks.

I think it’s a great destination for Rodgers if they add a couple receivers.  The Ravens really should have beaten the Bengals in the wildcard this year.  

My top picks for Rodgers:

Miami, Baltimore, NYJ, Carolina, Tennessee 

I don’t think the Packers would trade him to SF.

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

DB69 & AR12 are obviously in the right about wanting clarity on the Epstein stuff, but damn I thought these are the guys complaining about how sensitive and triggered everyone is all the time. It's a bad joke...but it is nonetheless a late night tv monologue joke. 

They’re not being sensitive. They’re calling out Kimmel because he was allegedly on the list so of course he wouldn’t want to expose it.

and Kimmel is probably one of the biggest hypocrites in history on a number of issues 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

DB69 & AR12 are obviously in the right about wanting clarity on the Epstein stuff, but damn I thought these are the guys complaining about how sensitive and triggered everyone is all the time. It's a bad joke...but it is nonetheless a late night tv monologue joke. 

Bakh had a well-timed and well-logic'd burn of Kimmel. The world is better off for that addition of humor. You know Rodge and Bakh are gonna be laughing together about that for years.

It's good stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

LV isnt out? No way, you don’t say?!

The notion that they were "out" on Rodgers is/was comical.  Looking at their core, they'd probably see their rookie QB be ready in 2-3 years when their offensive skill players are on the decline.  And somehow, I don't think Davante Adams is going to be happy waiting to see if a rookie QB can consistently get him the ball.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The notion that they were "out" on Rodgers is/was comical.  Looking at their core, they'd probably see their rookie QB be ready in 2-3 years when their offensive skill players are on the decline.  And somehow, I don't think Davante Adams is going to be happy waiting to see if a rookie QB can consistently get him the ball.

Plus, two more bad years and neither the GM and HC aren't going to be around for when/if the young QB draft is ready to start winning. 

What's your call?

Rodgers comes in and says none of these teams appeal to me (Jets, Raiders, Titans) and they aren't going anywhere.  I want to go to a legit contender.  He's serious about retirement rather than go to one of those teams.

The only team he'll come back to play for is the 49ers.   What do you do?  Get something for him, or wish him well in retirement and move on??  In this hypothetical situation, he's serious about retirement if he can't play for a contender.

Edited by NFLGURU

42 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

What's your call?

Rodgers comes in and says none of these teams appeal to me (Jets, Raiders, Titans) and they aren't going anywhere.  I want to go to a legit contender.  He's serious about retirement rather than go to one of those teams.

The only team he'll come back to play for is the 49ers.   What do you do?  Get something for him, or wish him well in retirement and move on??  In this hypothetical situation, he's serious about retirement if he can't play for a contender.

I'm going to guess that the Packers have a price in mind when it comes to draft pick/player compensation.  I would make the 49'ers go above and beyond the top bidder.  If they are willing to do that then I'd send Aaron to San Fran.  

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm going to guess that the Packers have a price in mind when it comes to draft pick/player compensation.  I would make the 49'ers go above and beyond the top bidder.  If they are willing to do that then I'd send Aaron to San Fran.  

Not only are they one of our biggest rivals outside of the division but they just don’t have much in the way of high round assets. I’ve seen this whole scenario suggested before but just believe 9ers are off the table for a variety of reasons. There are a bunch of unlikely scenarios including retirement that I could see before we send him there. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

What's your call?

Tell him to retire.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LacyIsGood said:

They can franchise Lamar and get picks.

I think it’s a great destination for Rodgers if they add a couple receivers.  The Ravens really should have beaten the Bengals in the wildcard this year.  

My top picks for Rodgers:

Miami, Baltimore, NYJ, Carolina, Tennessee 

I don’t think the Packers would trade him to SF.

If Baltimore added Cobb and Lazard...?

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Besides Adams on that roster is that team anywhere near playoff caliber?  I would think if Rodgers is traded he would ask Gute to send him to a playoff team and Brian should accommodate him.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The problem with SF is they don't have the ammo to become a bidder.  I'd rather keep Rodgers in 2023 than let him walk and get basically nothing for him.

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The problem with SF is they don't have the ammo to become a bidder.  I'd rather keep Rodgers in 2023 than let him walk and get basically nothing for him.

You wouldn't take 2 2023 3rd round picks + 2024 1st and 2nd round picks with no conditions attached?