Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How is he being cancelled?

Doesn't one have to be relevant to be canceled? I can't recall the last time I saw Namath in the media outside of an episode of The Simpsons. 

Also, just lol in general at someone complaining about 'canceling'.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Doesn't one have to be relevant to be canceled? I can't recall the last time I saw Namath in the media outside of an episode of The Simpsons. 

Also, just lol in general at someone complaining about 'canceling'.

You know what they say, if you haven’t seen an 80 year old man in the media lately, it’s because he was cancelled 😔

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Joe Namath was glamorized for his womanizing when he played. The times changed and he made a drunk fool out of himself in national TV so let's cancel him. 

smh

It’s not cancel culture. It IS culture. It’s the Internet Age Honored Tradition of sharing something funny over the internet. We’re all participating in that piece of culture here. It’s showing something hilarious. Why is it hilarious? Because he’s all but making a sexual advance on a well known sideline reporter and admitting he doesn’t care about the team because he’s drunk and it’s all a tragedy because he’s a human and an NFL legend and tragedy is where humor is born. He made a mistake. He apologizes, we get to laugh at him forever but forgive. 

Joe Namath doesn’t know anything about anything for real though. He doesn’t have some great connection or intuition. Just a dude who’ll speak when asked to.

54 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Joe Namath was glamorized for his womanizing when he played. The times changed and he made a drunk fool out of himself in national TV so let's cancel him. 

smh

He should join everyone else in taking out a full page ad in every publication in America or going on show after show...... after show....... after show.......after show........ and complaining they are being cancelled

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

About 5 min mark

Most everyone is reporting that the Packers do not want Aaron back.  If he says he wants to come back will the Packers man up and tell him they are done with him?  I mean, they should if that's how they feel.  Especially so if they think they have a young guy in Love that they think can become a solid qb.  I just have a hard time thinking an nfl franchise will just bite their lip and take back a guy that they don't want to be there.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Most everyone is reporting that the Packers do not want Aaron back.  If he says he wants to come back will the Packers man up and tell him they are done with him?  I mean, they should if that's how they feel.  Especially so if they think they have a young guy in Love that they think can become a solid qb.  I just have a hard time thinking an nfl franchise will just bite their lip and take back a guy that they don't want to be there.

I think that has probably already happened. I think his exit interview was a discussion to get him to retire or get used to this idea of being traded. Out of the blue Rodgers said he's OK with possibly being traded. The guy who wanted to play his whole career with one team. 

I think the writing has been on the wall since 5 minutes after the loss to Detroit. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I think that has probably already happened. I think his exit interview was a discussion to get him to retire or get used to this idea of being traded. Out of the blue Rodgers said he's OK with possibly being traded. The guy who wanted to play his whole career with one team. 

I think the writing has been on the wall since 5 minutes after the loss to Detroit. 

I would have thought so too, but there's always been that "if he's all in we'd take him back" stuff.  I think that is posturing for trade purposes.

53 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I listened to Madden snore and fart on tv for a long time.  It's what makes television great!

glad you found that to be great.

I don't find romo and nantz great and would prefer drunk joe instead :D