Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

When Favre did something similar, he waited until being removed from the Reserved/Retired list and put on the roster would put the Packers over the salary cap which would make him a free agent.

Rodgers is cheaper to stay on the roster than he is to trade though.

5 hours ago, Refugee said:

It was breaking the no 3rd contract rule, for a position you absolutely do it for if the player it at his level, and then he blew up his knee in practice just before the playoffs. It’s not possible to predict something like that but it is part of the game. We never adequately replaced him and the injury lingered longer than predicted by most people including me. It was an example of terrible luck at the worst time. 

I can understand breaking the 3rd contract rule for a premium position with a clean bill of health. It's using him as an ATM last offseason and writing a 4th contract despite his health that bothers me. Packers had the low down on his health and still pretend he's okay to this day.

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I can understand breaking the 3rd contract rule for a premium position with a clean bill of health. It's using him as an ATM last offseason and writing a 4th contract despite his health that bothers me. Packers had the low down on his health and still pretend he's okay to this day.

He played elite this year though. They were correct.

24 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Because when he's not a Packer, I don't care anymore, except how it benefits the Packers (draft position in this case).

If GB's compensation is tied to Rodger's going fwd, it seems likely that GB's compensation will improve as the Jets hit specific milestones such as making the playoffs, division title, AFCC and SB.

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

One thing I definitely agree with @Mr Anonymous about is Rodgers desire to want to retire here. The difference is the distinction to be needed here vs wanting to play here.

That's a significant distinction. One our FO is certainly well aware of. They hold the actual power. They could make him feel wanted again. But they actually want Love and know that this rebuffing is going to irk Rodgers and make him ultimately want to play elsewhere.

Folks who think Rodgers has all the power fail to see that he's still a slave to his ego and will thus not have the REAL power unless he's able to shed that. 

I think that's really really unlikely.

Not much to disagree with here. One small item to take exception to is the front office holding all the power. They only held that power if they were willing to draw a line in the sand. As you're well aware, I've been telling you guys for quite some time now that they simply weren't willing to do that. Thankfully no one has to take my word for that anymore. In the past few days it's been reported in multiple places that if Rodgers wanted to stay in Green Bay they wouldn't force him out. That's why I can't stress enough how much he's bailing them out if he's willing to play elsewhere.

BTW, this complicated fella could still create total chaos and say no to the Jets.

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Not much to disagree with here. One small item to take exception to is the front office holding all the power. They only held that power if they were willing to draw a line in the sand. As you're well aware, I've been telling you guys for quite some time now that they simply weren't willing to do that. Thankfully no one has to take my word for that anymore. In the past few days it's been reported in multiple places that if Rodgers wanted to stay in Green Bay they wouldn't force him out. That's why I can't stress enough how much he's bailing them out if he's willing to play elsewhere.

BTW, this complicated fella could still create total chaos and say no to the Jets.

You're biggest cog in that was Rap, and he said today Rodgers returning to GB is looking increasingly less and less likely and that the most likely options are Jets or retirement.

Sounds an awful lot like a line in the sand to me 🤷

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You're biggest cog in that was Rap, and he said today Rodgers returning to GB is looking increasingly less and less likely and that the most likely options are Jets or retirement.

Sounds an awful lot like a line in the sand to me 🤷

Nope, not Rap, he doesn't seem to know anything. I'll go link hunting

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Agree with much of this.  I'm not sure he wants to play any longer.  If he does and it's taken this long to decide, it tells you a lot about where he is.  

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Here's the NFL writer for the Jets/Giants...

Anyone who says the team has no leverage:

(1) Has an agenda

(2) Has a source with an agenda

(3) Doesn't understand business

(Adding another one)

(4) Doesn't understand the definition of leverage 

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2