Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

17 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Holy, you make a statement, stand behind it. Simple as that. You want to back pedal and play this charade of "everyone is out to get me because my opinion differs from theirs" then do you, but this ain't that. I'm merely calling you out for exactly what you stated and no matter how many times you attempt to play "oh I thought it went without saying it's an unknown" or whatever other ridiculous spin you want to attach to your narrative, then do you - but quite frankly you're exhausting to deal with because you truly lack accountability for anything you state.

Accountability what the blithering garbage are you spewing about here now. Now everyone is out to get me to where did I say that.

He's not in AR's caliber, sorry he just is not. He hasn't done squat in his NFL career to date. He's 0-1 in starts, yes that's it. Sorry to just be honest again but as of today AR is a HOFer, Love is a possible starter in 2023 depending on what happens with AR in GB. Those are facts. In your other recent post you went on to say Love may do this or that, that was not my point , ever. I hope he does, but currently as of today he hasn't done anything but hold a dam clip board. 

Not sure why your undies are in a bunch over that, never said I don't like him, never said I don't want him to succeed. I hope he does but currently today, March 9th 2023 he's done nothing and is not in AR's caliber as a result of that. That much is true that is what i said. No back peddling or shying away. It's the truth. . 

I can type with the best of them and won't roll over to some silly *** commentary that says what i said was wrong. It's just silly whoopty doo, i said Love isn't in AR's caliber and you got a bee in our bonnette. Exhausting really well POT meet kettle scenario. 

Sorry got to go shine up my AR doll cause you think i'm in a bromace with him. Frick i have an Ahman Green Jersey no AR jersey. I can remove emotion from my thoughts on Love or AR as a QB. Facts are there i can post them if that will help you better understand what i meant as it's clear you don't.

Here is your red nose, enjoy it you have earned it and you can have a nice day. 

• Like 1

I don’t think the Jets would visit Rodgers and get all their higher ups out to Cali and not sign Carr… if Rodgers was just going to weasel his way back into GB.

I think it’s obviously NY or retirement. And the pitch from NY is to be like play for us.

I think GB clearly made their choice… they just aren’t public screaming it. But you can tell by their actions and careful word choice.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, craig said:

It's "optional" team activities.  He's got that right, so yeah, he can do that.  Gute might wish he'd come, and might suggest it would be appreciated if he did.  But yeah, that's entirely within Aaron's purview, and Aaron and Gute both know it.  It's his right.  

Maybe Aaron's a people-pleaser and wants Gute to approve of his choices.  So maybe Gute disapproving would be big leverage over him.  Or maybe not.  

It's optional in name only. If he's not interested, we're giving him an out.

Early in the thread, someone mentioned Jets second round pick in 23 and first round pick in 24 = bad deal. But is it? If Love crashes in 23, the Pack would have two firsts in 24 to package if need be to go after a QB in the draft (or FA). If Love is legit, still have two firsts in 24 to build around him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, craig said:

It's "optional" team activities.  He's got that right, so yeah, he can do that.  Gute might wish he'd come, and might suggest it would be appreciated if he did.  But yeah, that's entirely within Aaron's purview, and Aaron and Gute both know it.  It's his right.  

Maybe Aaron's a people-pleaser and wants Gute to approve of his choices.  So maybe Gute disapproving would be big leverage over him.  Or maybe not.  

also optional for us to bench his *** behind Love

world is full of options!

11 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I don’t think the Jets would visit Rodgers and get all their higher ups out to Cali and not sign Carr… if Rodgers was just going to weasel his way back into GB.

I think it’s obviously NY or retirement. And the pitch from NY is to be like play for us.

I think GB clearly made their choice… they just aren’t public screaming it. But you can tell by their actions and careful word choice.

Yep .. the Packers and the Jets have been talking for weeks, maybe months.  Rodgers is probably well aware that the Packers would like to move on, and now he's well aware that the Jets desperately want him there.  Time to suck it up Arod .. and move on.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I am not taking what sauce says too seriously but I also don’t know what this is supposed to mean? Pack getting a player or bak going too or something?

Yeah I don't know to be honest - but I think a lot of us assumed that if he went to the jets he'd want Cobb and Bak with him - could see a Package like that but what that would include in terms of draft compensation is crazy - others are speculating it's a 3 way trade with Oakland that includes Davante Adams to NYJ with Aaron Rodgers, but at this point this is all just speculation and we won't know until we know.