Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Sticking to my guns, desperate owner is making the demands. Pick 13 and conditional 25' pick based on number of games played in 2024.

Anything less than that, the Packers FO caved.

I was too until I heard Murphy say "help Aaron achieve..." That, to me, left the door open to the possibility we're not getting pick 13 as a gesture to Rodgers to help his new team. And more and more getting the vibe the FO's main goal was just getting a clean transition to Love and were content accepting less.

Not because of a lack of leverage, but because their prime motivation was really just getting him out of the building.

• Like 1

Rodgers is reportedly in Cabo.  Don't know if it just requires a phone call to announce a decision or if he wants to come back home before telling the Packers?  

He's on vacation,  soooo Monday????

Edited by NFLGURU

29 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I was too until I heard Murphy say "help Aaron achieve..." That, to me, left the door open to the possibility we're not getting pick 13 as a gesture to Rodgers to help his new team. And more and more getting the vibe the FO's main goal was just getting a clean transition to Love and were content accepting less.

Not because of a lack of leverage, but because their prime motivation was really just getting him out of the building.

This very much seems to be the case.

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's for sure risk, but negotiating is really just one big game of chicken. Missing out on a QB and screwing their season is riskier than trying to figure out what to do if NY moves on. We'll see, I wouldve pulled the trigger sooner if Carr was waiting, but with him gone, I'm waiting them out.

And it is not out of the question that the trade values were worked out when Carr was still on the market and that is the reason they passed on Carr. Just doubt either team would have exposed themselves to this situation without trade guidelines in place.