Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

26 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I suspect the alternative is GB ships him to somewhere he doesn’t want to go for a lower pick, or he retires. He doesn’t want to show up to Las Vegas or wherever? Oh well, it’s their problem now 

They'll figure something out ... Maybe they pay him $30 mil to retire. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

When Murphy made his comments, it seemed pretty clear to me that GB's priority is to move on.  The compensation for Rodgers is going to be light.

Which is a perfect illustration of how bad a decision it was not to trade him then.  That’s the opportunity cost I’ve talked about.  We gave up multiple high picks for one more year of mediocrity while burying ourselves in a bloated contract. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Which is a perfect illustration of how bad a decision it was not to trade him then.  That’s the opportunity cost I’ve talked about.  We gave up multiple high picks for one more year of mediocrity while burying ourselves in a bloated contract. 

This isn't exactly news.  Half of the board (self included) has been frustrated with the new contract since the day it was signed.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Packers brass has made a handful of mistakes this past year and a few days. 

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This isn't exactly news.  Half of the board (self included) has been frustrated with the new contract since the day it was signed.

Absolutely.  Instead of a great chance to begin the new era we settle for a fraction of the return and carry bad debt.  That’s why I have said somebody needs to be held accountable.  

I'm a little surprised we haven't heard a peep from Davante. He went to Vegas to play with his bestie and then his bestie leaves. They have no QB, and he probably wants the hell out of there.

Watch the Jets give up pick 13 for Davante and then the 2nd for Rodgers. 

And that's the big love and Rodgers is waiting for that to happen for he agrees with Jets.

Edited by incognito_man

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'm a little surprised we haven't heard a peep from Davante. He went to Vegas to play with his bestie and then his bestie leaves. They have no QB, and he probably wants the hell out of there.

Watch the Jets give up pick 13 for Davante and then the 2nd for Rodgers. 

And that's the big love and Rodgers is waiting for that to happen for he agrees with Jets.

What he’s saying is it doesn’t matter who the QB is, he’s been a raiders fan since he was a kid and it’s his dream team. Not sure if that’s damage control or not but that’s what his response was when asked about it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Absolutely.  Instead of a great chance to begin the new era we settle for a fraction of the return and carry bad debt.  That’s why I have said somebody needs to be held accountable.  

Let's see how it goes.  Regardless, we'll always have the Sled Hill.

Edited by NFLGURU

Another conspiracy:

We have an outsized desire to keep him out of SF. I wonder if there's bad blood between the teams because of the tampering. Thus, we are putting a 2-yr poison pill into the trade (i.e. other team has to keep him rostered for 2 years so he can't join the 49ers or give up boatload of picks).

Rodgers, irritated about it, makes his snide comment at the golf outing when asked where he's playing and said "not San Francisco"

In exchange for this ego-driven poison-pill, we're accepting a "reasonable offer" from the Jets. i.e. we're not gonna be thrilled with the return.

Rodgers is pissed because he badly wants to play for the Niners. So he's brooding over the decision knowing the Jets are going to be extremely motivated to keep him there 2 years minimum.

And he's contemplating retirement or playing for the Jets for 2 years and then going to the Niners when he's 42.

Edited by incognito_man

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Another conspiracy:

We have an outsized desire to keep him out of SF. I wonder if there's bad blood between the teams because of the tampering. Thus, we are putting a 2-yr poison pill into the trade (i.e. other team has to keep him rostered for 2 years so he can't join the 49ers or give up boatload of picks).

Rodgers, irritated about it, makes his snide comment at the golf outing when asked where he's playing and said "not San Francisco"

In exchange for this ego-driven poison-pill, we're accepting a "reasonable offer" from the Jets. i.e. we're not gonna be thrilled with the return.

Rodgers is pissed because he badly wants to play for the Niners. So he's brooding over the decision knowing the Jets are going to be extremely motivated to keep him there 2 years minimum.

And he's contemplating retirement or playing for the Jets for 2 years and then going to the Niners when he's 42.

Start working on the screenplay. I'll edit and co-write it with you...and accept the Oscar / Emmy when time comes :)