Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

21 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think Rodgers really really doesn’t want to leave GB but knows he has to in order to play.  People can say what they want about him but the guy loved being a packer and he’s probably struggling with it ending.

No doubt. When the Favre stuff was at a full boil and he was at his most angry at Ted, TT apparently still always told people “think about how hard it must be for Brett” - which is an incredibly magnanimous thing for him to say. Rodgers talked all the time about retiring playing only for one team. It just doesn’t happen. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Kinda interesting that Jet players are coming out of the woodwork to get Rodgers to the Jets.  

Aaron Jones is about it asking for Rodgers to stay in Green Bay. 

Hmmm!!!

They have to be sick of Aaron Watch every year.  That guy sucks up all the oxygen.  

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think Rodgers really really doesn’t want to leave GB but knows he has to in order to play.  People can say what they want about him but the guy loved being a packer and he’s probably struggling with it ending.

I think the hold up all around which affects the compensation etc is how long does Rodgers want to play on for? In this interview he is indicating he only wants to play a year more or is not willing to commit beyond that. 

How much do the Jets want to spend for only a year of Rodgers? Does Rodgers want to up root for a year?

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

"I dont wanna hold anybody hostage"  -  AR

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Just because it isn't on OUR timeline doesn't mean that he's holding anyone hostage. I don't get that mentality at all. He's doing things within the timelines provided by both clubs and there's nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Just because it isn't on OUR timeline doesn't mean that he's holding anyone hostage. I don't get that mentality at all. He's doing things within the timelines provided by both clubs and there's nothing wrong with that. 

The purpose of my comments was to highlight what @Arthur Penskewas saying that AR knows the Packers want to move on. His comment indicates a bit of reticence - both to move on as well as not holding anybody up.

I wish AR would come out with it. I'm not troubled in any way that he hasnt yet. As I've said continually...he makes people wait. Now THAT...I'm tired of. In a team / organizational context.....I've grown tired of his "remaining outside" stances.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

The purpose of my comments was to highlight what @Arthur Penskewas saying that AR knows the Packers want to move on. His comment indicates a bit of reticence - both to move on as well as not holding anybody up.

I wish AR would come out with it. I'm not troubled in any way that he hasnt yet. As I've said continually...he makes people wait. Now THAT...I'm tired of. In a team / organizational context.....I've grown tired of his "remaining outside" stances.

Making people wait is a well known strategy employed by people into control. Do you think Aaron is into control? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Making people wait is a well known strategy employed by people into control. Do you think Aaron is into control? 

Yes. He tried to control the dark :) - but (again) in a team concept, you cant continually remain a singular entity. I get it - there's a price to be paid for an aging HOF QB yadayadayada........I've just grown tired of it and by all appearances so have the Packers.

Put another way.....on the field, I think I've seen his ceiling - multiple times. In big games, he's folded. He's not overcome adversity and led the team to W's. Do I blame him alone for the L's? No - but he's the head honcho. He's the guy with the football. He's the guy that's gotta give us a chance and those windows have done nothing but grown smaller IMO. So - I'm ready for a change. 

If he comes back someway / somehow - I'll cheer him again and hope for the best. Hope things break our way....but I've become less positive it will.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Right on Nick.  We are all just sick of the waiting and waiting and waiting.  Should get our answer either today or tomorrow.  I'm sick of hitting Bleacher Report every 15 minutes waiting for the news to break.  Aaron has done nothing wrong and for all we know isn't the one holding things up.  Could be some last minute back door negotiations going on or contract adjustments. 

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Pretty much this.

Pretty sure that despite all the posturing Rodgers has always wanted to play for Green Bay, play out his career here and retire and would have always ended up staying - all the other stuff was just noise. Its home. He basically said that in the McFee show - '18 years man, its always going to be home' summed it up.

He probably made his decision to come back to Green Bay assuming that he would be wanted.  Now he has to make another decision. Despite all the money, there is a human side to this. He is being told to keep on playing he has to leave the place he regards his football home to start again somewhere else that he has no history or legacy or records or end his career.  Its not that easy to make a second major career decision in a few weeks. 

He did say he is at peace with it all but given there is a good chance he wants to stay, wonder if he would have done things a bit differently.

I'm thinking he probably should retire - his heart isn't going to be in a move to the Jets. If he wants to play his whole career probably best off accepting its time. Unless he is a major success in New York then he will probably regret it.  Physically, he has had so many injuries, there's got to be a decent chance he has more physical issues in 23.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Kinda interesting that Jet players are coming out of the woodwork to get Rodgers to the Jets.  

Aaron Jones is about it asking for Rodgers to stay in Green Bay. 

Hmmm!!!

Sup? This you or is other people's opinions something you copy and paste a lot? If this isn't you, your copy & pasted opinion nor the person the opinion originated from have any idea what is being said to Rodgers behind closed doors and there's a huge difference between knowing you have to let your QB go because of the business side of things & getting a shiny brand new toy you can endorse coming to play with you through the Media outlets. 

I'm usually pro everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in this case, you'd be better off taking your opinion, rolling it up like a ball of clay, forming it into a 12" Mulatto *fill in blank* spray painting an X on the Tip and then proceed to climb the top of a 2 story building and jumping off it cheeks down, X marks the spot.