Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

I think it’s more… whoever Rodgers wants to play for at this stage. Jets might have the best offer but if Rodgers is like I want to be Raider… not much anyone can do.

Depends on how spiteful our management wants to be as well. Our management could simply tell Rodgers that its highest bidder, retirement or backup and leave the choice up to him.

We CAN let Rodgers drive the decision if we want to, but at the end of the day it is the management that makes that call.

2 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Depends on how spiteful our management wants to be as well. Our management could simply tell Rodgers that its highest bidder, retirement or backup and leave the choice up to him.

We CAN let Rodgers drive the decision if we want to, but at the end of the day it is the management that makes that call.

True, I just don’t think GB’s front office will be spiteful. They feel like that just want to move on. As long as, in this instance, raiders don’t criminally low ball the Packers… I would think Rodgers drives this.

Like if all things are equal, this is on Rodgers.

Why haven't we heard of other teams showing interest in Rodgers by now?

Manning and Brady generated far more interest when they became available. You would've thought teams would be clambering all over for the opportunity to sign a future HOF QB. Yes they were free agents but surely you wouldn't turn your nose up at Rodgers in a potential trade. Opportunity is opportunity, doesnt matter what form it is in.

The fact its only the Jets so far is.....surprising.

Maybe we will see some team jump in at the 11th hour, maybe that is exactly the plan, just letting the Jets set the terms and perhaps jump in if they're comfortable with it.

Edited by Chili

13 minutes ago, Chili said:

Manning and Brady generated far more interest when they became available. You would've thought teams would be clambering all over for the opportunity to sign a future HOF QB. Yes they were free agents but surely you wouldn't turn your nose up at Rodgers in a potential trade. Opportunity is opportunity, doesnt matter what form it is in.

Maybe we will see some team jump in at the 11th hour, maybe that is exactly the plan, just letting the Jets set the terms and perhaps jump in if they're comfortable with it.

Maybe just maybe a first rounder for a 39 year old is not worth it to 99% of teams. The guys you listed were also free agents and didn't require draft capital to act like that's not the biggest factor is hilarious. The stupidity in this thread never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Maybe we will see some team jump in at the 11th hour, maybe that is exactly the plan for a few teams, just letting the Jets set the terms and perhaps jump in if they're comfortable with it.

Did you actually watch him play this past season? He was terrible and looked on the decline. Why would any smart organization give up a kings ransom after the year he had?  The Jets are not a smart organization, if we can snag pick 13 after that terrible season he had that's a huge win.

We missed that boat last year, trading him after a MVP year. But the Packers ruled out trading him at any price so a lot of teams didn't bother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

lol, I may have clapped back on the forums in regards to something I disagree with, but it doesn't mean I'm sitting in a dark room, drinking a pint of hard liquor hoping it all ends soon. Chill my boy, I'm good. I promise lol.

I think you are probably underselling the merits of sitting in a dark room drinking hard liquor.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

It's pretty clear by now that GB management will not be playing hardball with Rodgers.  Path of least resistance is how this will play out.

11 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Maybe just maybe a first rounder for a 39 year old is not worth it to 99% of teams. The guys you listed were also free agents and didn't require draft capital to act like that's not the biggest factor is hilarious. The stupidity in this thread never ceases to amaze me.

There are a lot of stupid and desperate front offices, are you telling me this one instance every NFL team apart from the Jets has decided to be smart?

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

There are a lot of stupid and desperate front offices, are you telling me this one instance every NFL team apart from the Jets has decided to be smart?

How many teams feel they are a QB from having a shot to win it all that don't already have one? How many teams feel that strongly that they'll give up significant draft capital for more than likely just one season? 

Jalen Ramsey just went for a 3rd and we are talking about potentially getting a first for a 39 year old that will more than likely retire in a year.

The point being there would be a lot more potential suitors for a one year deal if it didn't require a significant amount of draft capital. 

Gute botched this entire situation and we are very lucky if we are able to get picks out of it instead of just paying the guy to enjoy retirement for a few years. 

Edited by PackFan13