Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

It’s possible the reason for delay is that we are hammering out Rodgers contract to play for us this year.

If it is I want every one of them fired.  There's already been a cavalcade of mistakes from the Packers front office, so something like this would be par for the course.

21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That was my whole point. Suddenly Green Bay won't be getting free agents because Rodgers is gone is nonsense. 

Have you ever though why the Packers are so heavy into draft and development??  Even with the top QB in the NFL for a decade they couldnt get FAs to Green Bay.  You think Jordan Love is going to change that?  

Watch all the top FAs who flock to Tampa after Brady left (nobody) and they have sunshine and beaches there.

And you think top FAs are coming to live in Green Bay because of Jordan Love who isnt established yet???

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Packer fans are going to be in for a rude awakening in the FA world when Rodgers leaves. 

It's definitely time for Rodgers to go, but Jordan Love isn't bringing anybody to Green Bay until he establishes himself, and even then, Green Bay is a tough sell.

At the end of the day whether it's Rodgers or Love it's a non factor.  It's all about the money.  Everything else is just chatter.

• Like 2

Just now, GB Scott said:

I for one am looking forward for the Rodgers era to end.   I was one of his biggest supporters.  

Yep .. he just got way too big for this team.  He's much more trouble than he's worth at this point.  The front office really botched it when they failed to deal him last year for a windfall, and then doubled down and signed him to a terrible contract.  Then they couldn't afford to keep Adams.  It's been a mess.  Get rid of Aaron, and lets reset.

19 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses:

If Rodgers was to retire, what would your response be.

Glad he's gone.

Pissed because we got no picks.

The Packers botched this whole thing.

Appreciate his loyal to retire as a Packer and not want to play anywhere else.

Your thoughts?

Both sadness and excitement.  

Sad because it's been a great run and he's one of the best ever to do it.  Sad because remembering the journey from a possible 1.1 draft pick, to sliding, to sitting, to re-doing his throwing motion, to huge sustained success.  Sadness because of only one SB appearance.

Excitement because we know where the Rodgers led teams end now.  There is no more speculation, it is known.  And Love is an unknown.  There is no cap on that future success or failure.  

Mostly I'll be sad for a few days or weeks.  Once real football gets here, like camp wise, I'll be very excited.  And though I am not as much of a Rodgers fan as I was a Favre fan (sorry but it's true), I'll still follow and root for Aaron unless he is playing us.

Dude's been a great Packer.