Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If this thing happens, and it wont, but if it does....

Man, the NFL truly stands for Not For Long.  It will be the WHYDFML league.  What.  Have.  You.  Done.  For.  Me.  Lately.

Dude's a year removed and a broken finger on his throwing hand, removed from back to back MVP seasons.  39 wins over the prior 3 years.

And we are ushering him out the door.  Front office.  And fans.

I get it, we drafted Love and need to see that investment through, good or bad.

But man, that escalated quickly!

That-escalated GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

But we’ve seen the ceiling of Rodgers at the tail end of his career and it’s scoring 3-10 points in an embarrassing playoff loss after a great regular season.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Should be 2 first rd picks, 2 second round picks, a 4th round pick + 3 players.   That was Seattle's return for Wilson.   Anything less than that gets added to Gute's mistake pile.

Awfully early in the day to be drunk. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

But we’ve seen the ceiling of Rodgers at the tail end of his career and it’s scoring 3-10 points in an embarrassing playoff loss after a great regular season.

Not disagreeing at all.

But man, last year we were all about investing in Aaron Rodgers and gave him that ridiculous contract.

Now?  Very different story.

I may have to look it up sometime and see if any player has been traded a year after winning an MVP.  Because this may be something special.

Just now, R T said:

Awfully early in the day to be drunk. 

Are you saying we couldn't have received the same return for AR last year that Russell Wilson got?    If so- I think you are the one that is drunk.

Why can't you just admit the fact that Gute messed up last year?  Both by failing to trade AD and by giving him this terrible contract?   Is it really that hard to accept that he messed up?   Packer fans should be used to admitting this by now.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Well, Jordan Love knows where he's going to end up 15-17 years from now. Might want to get his real estate in NY now and rent it. 

I guess that makes the Packers a farm team for the NYJ?

Those darn big market teams just screwing over the small market teams!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I legitimately wonder if it's possible to "know" a player's ceiling before he becomes a starter. IIRC there were people who were blown away by Rodgers abilities in practice while Brett was still starting. Almost like they had to keep it a secret so they could trade him.

This is very true. With Love they were so blown away that they kept giving Rodgers extensions. I fear we are about to learn what actually bad QB play is next season.

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If this thing happens, and it wont, but if it does....

Man, the NFL truly stands for Not For Long.  It will be the WHYDFML league.  What.  Have.  You.  Done.  For.  Me.  Lately.

Dude's a year removed and a broken finger on his throwing hand, removed from back to back MVP seasons.  39 wins over the prior 3 years.

And we are ushering him out the door.  Front office.  And fans.

I get it, we drafted Love and need to see that investment through, good or bad.

But man, that escalated quickly!

That-escalated GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

All of the above is true but I feel Rodgers has done enough to wear that welcome out on his own. I would not be opposed at all if he agreed to take some kind of massive pay cut and stay on in a mentor/backup capacity, but I do not believe that is what he would even think about. 

I am most definitely tired of the yearly "Will he? Won't he?" Even if he came back this year, and did well, I am pretty sure we would have the same situation next off-season too. The team needs to start planning for the future and giving Love a chance than to be held hostage by 1 player. Especially since that player is way past his prime.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Take that back.  I mean it.  Who are you to tell someone they shouldn't be drunk?  Only @Norm can do that!

Oh....and those 3 players coming back...they'd better be pretty "meh".

Well yes mostly Meh.  But Noah Fant would help our TE room.   Drew Lock would be a better backup than what we have rostered right now.  And we wouldn't have the cap problem we have right now either.