Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I do not.

If that throwing hand is healed, and I'll bet it is, he will have a chip on his shoulder.  He's got offensive weaponz and he will have friends.  Oh...and a defense with a defensive minded HC.

He's going to win games and be the best QB that they've had in quite some time.  Even if he disappears in the big games again, I'll bet they have a better chance at winning just because their defense is better.

To me, he's a great fit over there.  Such a good fit that he likely plays 2 years there.

I feel like there is a lot of projecting around Rodgers in this forum, like it makes the trade easier to handle.  But in the end, he's going to be very good for the Jets.

I think they'll put up points for sure, but I don't know how easily wins will come. The current AFC East isn't the cakewalk that the NFC North has been, and they also get the AFC West and the NFC East on their schedule.

I don't think it will be a Favre in NYJ type of flop, but I also think they'd be more likely to go for a WC berth and fizzle out vs. be SB contenders.

Of course, the power of spite is pretty strong...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Right? Why would GBs front office give any ****s about this lol

Because they don’t want to have an upset Rodgers on there roster… oh wait he has been upset for the last like 6 years, going back to his displeasure with McCarthy 

4 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Seems like the pressure is being applied to Rodgers

and the Jets themselves.  Imagine the Jets signing Lazard, Cobb and Tonyan,  Then not landing Rodgers.  I'd almost be happy having Rodgers back in that scenario just for the comedic value.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 3

I don't believe for a second they haven't already landed Rodgers.    It will get announced when it gets announced.

Florio already probably knows that though - his whole thing is generating clickbait articles so he's going to milk this for all its worth

Edited by Kampfgeist

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

I don't believe for a second they haven't already landed Rodgers.    It will get announced when it gets announced.

I think he's told them that he is in, but I am not 100 percent sure that the compensation portion of the deal is settled.  I guess we'll see .. hopefully soon enough.

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

But why wait? Like honestly who does this help? Where is the logic.

like if he is a jet… announce it. The teams can move on. There is not logically reason to have had this deal done for like a week plus and not announce it.

Likely because it’s not… there are details here, details there, etc etc 

• Like 1

Just now, Green19 said:

But why wait? Like honestly who does this help? Where is the logic.

like if he is a jet… announce it. The teams can move on. There is not logically reason to have had this deal done for like a week plus and not announce it.

Likely because it’s not… there are details here, details there, etc etc 

Rodgers may want to see the pieces added to NYJ before signing off on the trade

both GB and NYJ know the financials if a trade does/does not happen.  Each team can be moving on as needed in either scenario.

If GB or NYJ is waiting to make FA deals for Rodgers to make a decision, then it was Rodgers who had leverage in this process

Oh Nathan… you sweet dumb fool you. Cobb isn’t going to be 4th or 5th.

You forget he knows the hand signals more than rookie of the year Garrett Wilson. You are looking at WR2 (if they get WR1 Lazard) at least for the first half of the year.

• Like 1

Rodger's simply like dropping into Al Mazrah and Ashika Island with his boys instead of rolling the dice with randos, like the rest of us really. Makes perfect sense. Especially when seeing how sweaty some of the AFC teams are gonna be the next few seasons of content.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers may want to see the pieces added to NYJ before signing off on the trade

both GB and NYJ know the financials if a trade does/does not happen.  Each team can be moving on as needed in either scenario.

If GB or NYJ is waiting to make FA deals for Rodgers to make a decision, then it was Rodgers who had leverage in this process

And if that’s the case… good luck NY. You are already giving this mouse a cookie, you better be ready to do every other request he has.