Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Well we don't know for sure on the ins and outs of travel and who made what decisions.

50-60% of the personal posts about this person it's all best guess and opinions based off very little.

Vikings players flew down to ole Mississippi to see Bert a couple times:). 

I don't want a QB that needs to be caterd to, or coddled.  I want one that wants to play football and isn't contemplating retirement all the time.  That's not too much to ask is it?  I want Love to be the guy .. desperately hoping it works out.

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

I see no reason one can't still look fondly at it and even embrace the change to a new QB. Seems the board likes factions but i think one can appreciate Brett Favre, AR, and Love and many other scenarios. It's a cut throat business. 

Oh, for sure. It is time for the business decision to be made, but I really want to get past it as quickly as possible so we can be wistful again.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't want a QB that needs to be caterd to, or coddled.  I want one that wants to play football and isn't contemplating retirement all the time.  That's not too much to ask is it?  I want Love to be the guy .. desperately hoping it works out.

My dislike for Rodgers grew when I figured he is not about winning SB's. He cares about just himself even at this stage in his career when the most significant negative for him is how he should have won more SB's. Instead of taking lesser money so the team could fill out the team better, it was still about him making the most money.

10 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Forgive me but this information is based on your actual knowledge and time spent with him? 

No dog in this fight, but there was a time when Rodgers was young that we heard about him being a good leader.

From cookouts at his place to gathering receivers and having mini practices on their own.  I think that was a CBA year thing.....

It is recently that his leadership has dwindled in my opinion.  Because at one point and time I think he did go that extra mile.  But that was a much, much younger Rodgers.

Just now, fistfullofbeer said:

My dislike for Rodgers grew when I figured he is not about winning SB's. He cares about just himself even at this stage in his career when the most significant negative for him is how he should have won more SB's. Instead of taking lesser money so the team could fill out the team better, it was still about him making the most money.

But like all narcissists he doesn't think him getting his money would prevent the Packers from winning the Super Bowl. He mentioned it last year or the year before. He made the comment there are always ways to work the cap and get the guys you want. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

But like all narcissists he doesn't think him getting his money would prevent the Packers from winning the Super Bowl. He mentioned it last year or the year before. He made the comment there are always ways to work the cap and get the guys you want. 

And that in a nutshell explains how self serving he is and does not really care about the facts. Just like the whole immunization fiasco.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

And that in a nutshell explains how self serving he is and does not really care about the facts. Just like the whole immunization fiasco.

I don't fault anybody for doing their own research and coming to their own conclusion on that deal. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

But I don’t put this on Rodgers, just like the “list” for the jets. It’s these teams that keep enabling him. Surprise the second GB stops enabling is when they have a viable option of replacement. Same thing happened with Favre.

Jets have to do this deal because they have nothing… there is no hope clearly in their mind for Zach wilson. They can act like they can sit him etc… but if there was hope, they aren’t here in this spot.

Green Bay did those deals because they hope Rodgers play wouldn’t fall off and they could work the edges of the roster. Last year the bottom fell out.

Not saying Rodgers was garbage but clearly with the cap hit and the roster construction Rodgers needed to be prime Rodgers. If not this doesn’t work. So GB saw that writing and lucky enough Love convinced them with his development.

at anytime GB could of push Rodgers and been like can’t do that deal. The didnt because they had no options. And the option the smartly tried to setup, took longer to cook.

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No dog in this fight, but there was a time when Rodgers was young that we heard about him being a good leader.

From cookouts at his place to gathering receivers and having mini practices on their own.  I think that was a CBA year thing.....

It is recently that his leadership has dwindled in my opinion.  Because at one point and time I think he did go that extra mile.  But that was a much, much younger Rodgers.

Not saying i don't agree but it's dam easy to assume character without any actual information. I just find it funny on here that so many act like they know him. I mean be 39 years old and have all your friends leave your job, you're stuck with 22 year olds. I can't imagine it's easy. And every human has an ego, but for me to guess that AR or any other player is this or at i would prefer not to. I"m a fan of the game and i like players but i don't know them personally, not in the least how can I make such judgements. I can't, i really don't know. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't fault anybody for doing their own research and coming to their own conclusion on that deal. 

No, but the fib was stupid. And I really really don’t want to talk about the subject again except as a springboard to it being indicative of something that bugs the hell out of me about him: the trolling/playing with words. The “wisdom in silence” (what a crock).

Just say what you mean, and own it. Again, I have no problem with the freedom of choice he made, but then own it. But he just loves to play with words and mess with fans, players, coaches, the media, etc… so that he can continue to feel like he has one up on everyone else. It’s the reason there is a secret set of signals and a demand for players to learn 2 different offenses. It’s the reason he was destined to eventually fall out with LaFleur - he thinks he knows it all better than any coach you could give him. He doesn’t like meeting people where they are. He expects everyone lives up to what is in his head. 

• Like 1