Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

he is really throwin pack f.o. under the bus. 

My recollection was that the packers really had to get into evaluations before making any personnel or staff decisions.

He says he thinks a decision was made before those took place but that was not communicated to him.

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Well it's out there now. He went into the cave after the Packers told him the job was his if he wanted to keep playing and then when he came out he learned they had been shopping him. I guess what surprises me most is that he didn't play hardball and simply accepted they were moving on.

So...the Packers suddenly decided that they were going to trade Rodgers when he went into his darkness retreat?  I don't buy it.

• Like 5

I mean, the role of the people in your front office to do what's best for the organization, rather than to do what's best for specific members of the organization.  Sometimes those things are the same, but when they're not...

There were good reasons to believe Rodgers was a declining player in 2020, and even better reason to believe it in 2023.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

So...the Packers suddenly decided that they were going to trade Rodgers when he went into his darkness retreat?  I don't buy it.

I don't buy that either. I do know they didn't want confrontation though. Last year at this time they weren't sold on Love and the contract they gave Rodgers reflected that. Fast forward a year later and they still hadn't told Rodgers they wanted to move on. Yet clearly they did after the progress Love made in the past year. The biggest surprise in all this is that he didn't force them to choose. He made it easy on them. That has to be a surprise to everyone.

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Well it's out there now. He went into the cave after the Packers told him the job was his if he wanted to keep playing and then when he came out he learned they had been shopping him. I guess what surprises me most is that he didn't play hardball and simply accepted they were moving on.

He talks out both sides of his mouth though lol

Now he admits he knew he wouldn't be back before going into the cave.

• Like 3