Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Wilson is a non-starter.    Gute knows that.  

I think he's darned near untouchable.

But if you start asking for two firsts and a second, or something like that, then get to a deal where you get Wilson and two third, you start building the value of Wilson as a first round pick plus and then maybe you have a chance.

If I'm not getting Wilson, I'm holding out for a first round pick (in either year) and a second round pick (this year).

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I know its all hypotheticals but I doubt they would trade away weapons when they are trying to pair Rodgers with said weapons. It would be awesome if we could, just dont see it happening

They just signed Lazard, they can easily trade a WR.  And he wants OBJ.  Which means Wilson could be expendable if that happens .  Just if.

And if we make the value for Wilson out to be a first round pick, plus....who knows.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

They just signed Lazard, they can easily trade a WR.  And he wants OBJ.  Which means Wilson could be expendable if that happens .  Just if.

And if we make the value for Wilson out to be a first round pick, plus....who knows.  

I’ll take Rodgers for Garrett straight up. Jets would be crazy to involve him in a trade. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Or…or jets and jets management are bad at business. And don’t know a deal isn’t done until the ink dries.

man jets media is going thru it…

This is a hilarious deflection to put all of the blame on GB lol

Overall this transition seems much less messy than the Favre transition. Both parties seem to be working in a way to set themselves up for a cleaner break. Packer fans (and it seems most here are) should be happy for both parties. Rodgers was a great player and I loved watching him play. That Super Bowl run was maybe my favorite stretch of football of all time. But it has come time to move on. He realizes this and the team realizes this. there is no "winner" and there is no "loser". As Kevin Greene would say, it is time. Anyone who pins this one way or another or says one side looks bad and screwed up had a clear agenda prior to today and prior to any of this starting.

Connor Hughes

#Jets, #Packers have had an understanding of what a trade would look like (what GB wants, NYJ willing to offer) for a bit. Never a huge gap. If there was, we’re not here. This should be easy.

GB just needs to let Rodgers go.

What am I missing?  Does that even make sense?

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I think Gute knows Rodgers well enough and played it how he had to get Rodgers to move on. Well done Sir

Gute is an idiot...unless he is not.

In this situation?  How does Rodgers say Gute is a genius without saying Gute is a genius?

By saying he was 90/10 retirement versus playing before going into darkness.  After coming out and hearing all the Jets stuff, then he was 100% to playing.

That's how you call Gute a genius without calling Gute a genius.  Or insert GB front office for Gute.

Roll Safe Black Guy Pointing at His Head  meme

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Or…or jets and jets management are bad at business. And don’t know a deal isn’t done until the ink dries.

man jets media is going thru it…

No, green bay does not need to just let rodgers go. Green bay doesnt need to do anything. 

Rodgers already held nothing back in trashing gb front office. The thing about following through on potential threats is that once you do it, the threat has lost its value. 

Just now, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Overall this transition seems much less messy than the Favre transition. Both parties seem to be working in a way to set themselves up for a cleaner break. Packer fans (and it seems most here are) should be happy for both parties. Rodgers was a great player and I loved watching him play. That Super Bowl run was maybe my favorite stretch of football of all time. But it has come time to move on. He realizes this and the team realizes this. there is no "winner" and there is no "loser". As Kevin Greene would say, it is time. Anyone who pins this one way or another or says one side looks bad and screwed up had a clear agenda prior to today and prior to any of this starting.

Rodgers definitely did a lot to help setup a clean break today.  He could have went nuclear, instead he was very straight forward with where he is at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Anything is possible. I just think the mindset the Jets going into would be okay we want to have all the weapons we can to push for a super bowl in 1-2 years with Aaron. So I doubt thats the part of the team they want to get rid of. If we can somehow squeeze him into the trade though it would be fantastic!