Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What? And miss the ratings ESPN and every other network would get for ten minutes of the Jets being on the clock?

If anything they’re going to tell both teams to take their time.

I really, reeeeealllly love that Rodgers couldn’t avoid the spotlight and simultaneously handed the Packers all the leverage. There’s no way the Jets can wait until the draft but now the wait is actually worth it.

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How long before the NFL steps in and tells the Packers and Jets to settle this deal? I can see that happening. If they do I hope the Packers tell Goddell to go pound sand! 

NFL has no reason to intervene.  The longer this goes, honestly, the better for the NFL (since they're invested in "media stories that sustain them through the offseason")

The relevant deadlines are "if it doesn't get done before the draft it can't involve picks in the draft"  and "if it doesn't happen before you start having camps and OTAs and games, then Rodgers can't participate in those."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Ignore users works pretty slick if you’ve got an issue with posters. I’m currently operating with near zero trash posts visible. Just saying, no one wants to have to scroll through this either.

From time to time the forum bullies or the forum mafia need a good push back. I don't mind it, to be honest most of the folks I would do this to, i do appreciate as they bring allot to the table. There really are no bad posters, we all suck! But sometimes you just have to push the bully back a bit. 

Well unless it's outpost that train derailed. 

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What? And miss the ratings ESPN and every other network would get for ten minutes of the Jets being on the clock?

If anything they’re going to tell both teams to take their time.

I think there are other teams that want this over with. They want their share of airtime this off season. 

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Bad optics matter, especially going forward. Doing all of this to haggle over a couple late round picks and dead cap in an already lost year is pointless in my opinion. Rodgers going out there telling everyone our front office is full of snakes damages our ability to retain guys and sign free agents over the next couple of years.

Already lost year lol. We just won 7 ******* games with the hero your worship. Talk about a lost year. 

Was ARs first year starting a lost year? Stupid

• Like 2

Could our FO have scripted Aaron's talk today any better?

He publicly stated he wants to play for the team you're trying to get draft picks from. This is a no-brainer huge win.

He genuinely and effusively praises the guy you picked over him.

He genuinely and effusively praises the fanbase and virtually everyone in the organization.

The worst thing he can think about his soon-to-be former place of employment is a business strategy they're publicly and privately totally ok with. Moreover, his claim has very very questionable objective merit anyway and could easily be refuted if desired - but even assuming it's true, it's standard operating procedure for literally every team. 

What a great day for the FO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Already lost year lol. We just won 7 ******* games with the hero your worship. Talk about a lost year. 

It has reared it's ugly head. The clown you are quoting was telling everyone there was NO chance Rodgers was getting traded this year because of his contract. 

5 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

From time to time the forum bullies or the forum mafia need a good push back. I don't mind it, to be honest most of the folks I would do this to, i do appreciate as they bring allot to the table. There really are no bad posters, we all suck! But sometimes you just have to push the bully back a bit. 

Well unless it's outpost that train derailed. 

It’s the internet. You’ll never win that war. Take refuge in the fact that no adult would act this way in public and this is the most meaningless forum on earth. That or enjoy it. Because it’s certainly enjoyable.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

People wanting Garret Wilson in any trade are delusional. The Jets are dumb but they aren't that dumb.

As for Elijah Moore, it's a no from me. First sign of issues last year he had a falling out with the OC and wanted a trade. I don't want that type of player around whilst Love is finding his feet. If we need that type of player, find them in this years draft.

I reckon something like this is fair value for a trade

Rodgers + 2023 5th for 2023 2nd, 2023 4th, 2024 1st, 2024 3rd and Ruckert.

Assuming the Jets make the playoffs this year, this would value Rodgers at the equivalent of a top 10 pick

I could live with that, but no reason to include our 5th rounder.  I'll just go ahead and hang onto that.

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

I didn't know Jordan Love was Aaron Rodgers, my bad, thought they were two separate people. I forgot we have the secret formula to developing HoF QBs.

• Like 1