Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

15 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I’d like to add one more thing…

The assumption has been that the Packers leverage has improved due to the AR interview because Jet fans are at a “fevered pitch” to get the deal done (as Andrew Brandt stated). I don’t understand that one. We were losing our minds before Rodgers spoke. Now that he’s stated publicly he wants to be a Jet and that it is going to happen, the majority of fans no longer care when it gets done. We’re good now. The pressure would have been way worse if this remained in limbo. 

The deadline for GB is the Draft, not August. And the draft is only a little over a month away. 

Only if the Packers are hell bent on compensation this year. How ****ed are the Jets if we hold onto Rodgers into TC, late into TC. 

If the compensation is not fair, GB is better off waiting until before the 1st game and releasing him. You gonna roll with Zac Wilson? 

We've got something you desperately want. We are/were content with Rodgers retiring. You have little to no leverage now that all the big name QB's are off the market. You could take a chance on Stafford and his neck injury. Go for it. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Only if the Packers are hell bent on compensation this year. How ****ed are the Jets if we hold onto Rodgers into TC, late into TC. 

If the compensation is not fair, GB is better off waiting until before the 1st game and releasing him. You gonna roll with Zac Wilson? 

GB can't release / cut Rodgers.  The dead cap is too large to absorb.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Can we stop with this pick swap nonsense? Ain't nobody in GB care about swapping 15 for 13.

Maybe with those in the casual side of the fanbase, but there isn't a single person in the FO who wouldn't love to have the 13th pick over the 15th pick in this years draft.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Refugee said:

I’d be surprised if it was not very common. There are agents and agencies that represent many different athletes. I don’t see how it would be unethical as long as the player felt they were best representing them individually it is their decision who they hire. In this instance, I’m sure both of the Davids talk to eachother while the sausage is made for their clients. 

I find that odd and think the only thing that makes it work it the rookie salary cap - in so much as the agent isnt actually negotiating salary.

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Almost assuredly going back and forth on the benchmarks for the variable '24 (and possibly '25) compensation rather than the picks themselves. The haggle over any '24 pick(s) is likely over how far the Jets go into the playoffs to trigger a better pick going to Green Bay. Packers likely want it to trigger for simply making the playoffs, Jets likely want it to trigger for making or winning the Super Bowl. And a potential '25 pick is almost assuredly being discussed based on whether or not Rodgers plays more than 1 year in NY.

Agree, the meat and potatoes of this deal were agreed upon before the Jets flew out to meet with Rodgers. This easily could be a done deal and both teams just agreed to put it off to rework deals to make it fit better salary cap wise and continue to conduct their free agency business in the meantime. The bonus is they get to troll the media by feeding Schefter (Jets) and Pelissero (Packers) daily and watch the talking heads lose their minds. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, R T said:

Maybe with those in the casual side of the fanbase, but there isn't a single person in the FO who wouldn't love to have the 13th pick over the 15th pick in this years draft.  

It's nothing to sneeze at .. the difference in value between those two picks is 100 points on the value chart and that equates to a late 3rd/early 4th round pick.  

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

It's nothing to sneeze at .. the difference in value between those two picks is 100 points on the value chart and that equates to a late 3rd/early 4th round pick.  

Aside from the point value there easily could be a tier one player on the Packers board at 13 versus a tier two player at 15. 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think that says more about the value of late 3rd/early 4th picks than it does about the gap in 2 slots mid-1st.

but yea, it’s more than nothing.

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's going to be wrong though.

I fully support your campaign to lobby for the Jets first, but I don't believe for a second that is realistic. People can dream until it is announced though.