Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

7 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

What did we get for Favre? A third right? I think we will definitely do better than that, but I'm not sure it's going to be as good as some people are thinking. 

It was a conditional 1st. They just missed the playoffs because he was playing hurt keeping the Ironman streak alive and it became a 3rd. We later used that to move up for the Matthews pick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. Goodell waited on filing Favre’s retirement papers. That was the only thing he did. He didn’t get involved, he waited. You don’t know what you’re talking about, and this is dumb.

There’s nothing here. You’re wrong, and it’s bad how wrong you are. Just drop it because you’re embarrassing yourself. The NFL getting involved in trade negotiations is not a thing. It never has been. Until a Jeff Janis gets traded for 17 first round picks, the NFL does not get involved in trade negotiations.

Again, if there is a long involved stalemate, the league will get involved.   They have in the past.  THEY WONT DICTATE TERMS but they will push for a solution.  If this Rodgers thing goes into the Summer, it's not a good look.  

This isn't difficult to understand.  The NFL is very aware of its public image, and if this goes on for months expect the NFL to push for a solution. They aren't taking sides, they'll want it done and not have a star player in THEIR league in limbo.

Apparently it's beyond comprehension for many.

I think the NFL would be ecstatic if the Rodgers thing extends into summer.  It's good TV!  The thing the NFL craves most are "People are paying attention to the NFL when there's no games on." 

"Two teams don't agree on what a player is work" isn't the least bit embarrassing for the league, and the league doesn't intervene in situations that are embarrassing.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

10 minutes ago, Refugee said:

It was a conditional 1st. They just missed the playoffs because he was playing hurt keeping the Ironman streak alive and it became a 3rd. We later used that to move up for the Matthews pick. 

Ah yes! Appreciate the clarification. 

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Do you not remember the "Rodgers will he or won't he" stuff in NFL media that extended into the summer for the past several years every year?  This is not different than that.

That was a Rodgers personal decision.  This is 2 NFL teams back and forth.  It's different for the NFL.

Edited by NFLGURU

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I can't wait until this drags into the draft.  Totally take air time away from the kids.

I can't wait until the Jets are scheduled for the opening Thursday Night game and Rodgers isn't traded yet.

Apparently, the league won't care.

Kidding aside, this could all be over tonight if they can agree on terms.

Edited by NFLGURU