Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good. Wouldnt they owe a #2 in that case?

True but in his trade scenario it looks like the added value of a 2nd is in the deal anyways. Packers also probably have zero interest in Becton and his 5M contract.  

2 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I would love to have some media reports start talking about 1 more team being interested in Rodgers. Should make things spicy.

Speaking of that. Whatever happened with the Jimmy G physical failure?  Fixable?

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Speaking of that. Whatever happened with the Jimmy G physical failure?  Fixable?

It’s becoming official I read. Raiders put that on hold because they got in on the Rodgers trade. Offered 7th overall.

Jets finally blinked. So the Raiders went back to Jimmy.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I would love to have some media reports start talking about 1 more team being interested in Rodgers. Should make things spicy.

I would to, but its going to be hard to get Rodgers to pivot off the Jets with Hackett there and signing Lazard and whoever else they got coming in.  I guess technically they could trade him elsewhere but I think he's bought in with the Jets.

15 minutes ago, R T said:

True but in his trade scenario it looks like the added value of a 2nd is in the deal anyways. Packers also probably have zero interest in Becton and his 5M contract.  

Oh - I actually didnt look at the trade stuff. Those "options" are flying fast & furious. I'll wait till that comes out in the wash.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

One less asset to trade for Rodgers since they'd send their SRP to Green Bay.

They're using that asset to bump up from a 2nd to the 1st round pick, unless he is delusional and still thinks the Packers are getting the 13th overall with just Rodgers being traded.   

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The Raiders were the only team.

I keep waiting for the Packers to leak the Jets offer .. if it's really low then some team could change their mind and take a stab at it.  Then again Aaron could quickly say that he's not interested in going to that team and it would be quickly killed.  I think we're getting a disgustingly low return when it's all said and done.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s becoming official I read. Raiders put that on hold because they got in on the Rodgers trade. Offered 7th overall.

Jets finally blinked. So the Raiders went back to Jimmy.

I want to believe you. 

Question for the masses,

How often do you think the Packers and Jets are talking?

Every day?

Every couple of days?

Do you think this occupies a lot of their time, or do they talk a few minutes a day and go about their business?

Thoughts?

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

How often do you think the Packers and Jets are talking?

Every day?

Every couple of days?

Do you think this occupies a lot of their time, or do they talk a few minutes a day and go about their business?

Thoughts?

If they are truly still negotiating, which I'm not sure they are because the deal very well may have been agreed upon a week ago, but if they are still negotiating they probably aren't talking at all right now. The first one to call loses. 

• Like 1