Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So if Rodgers wanted to go to NYJ and only there.  He could tell GB, that is my preferred destination.  Why would NYJ give up premium assets if they are bidding against themselves?

I was thinking perhaps the Packers might ask a prospective club for their 1st and a 3rd?  I'm just speculating.  I'm also trying to picture Rodgers in NYJ.  Would he be the missing piece for them and they'd be a legit contender with him under center?

Just now, Pugger said:

I was thinking perhaps the Packers might ask a prospective club for their 1st and a 3rd?  I'm just speculating.  I'm also trying to picture Rodgers in NYJ.  Would he be the missing piece for them and they'd be a legit contender with him under center?

GB can ask all they want.  If Rodgers doesn't want to play for a particular team, he won't .  I just feel like Rodgers may want to keep more assets with a new team.  

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

GB can ask all they want.  If Rodgers doesn't want to play for a particular team, he won't .  I just feel like Rodgers may want to keep more assets with a new team.  

But like I said above - will this new team be able to keep those assets after they take on Rodgers' hefty salary?  I guess we won't have an answer for a few weeks.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But like I said above - will this new team be able to keep those assets after they take on Rodgers' hefty salary?  I guess we won't have an answer for a few weeks.

most teams can move money into future years to keep the players they deem are important to a playoff run

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

they can say no.  Then GB is on the hook for the big contract and run things back with a team that just went sub .500

But with a healthier Oline and weapons that are another year more mature and hopefully a defense that is still pretty talented. For me, the biggest issue will be Rodgers finding a better situation than GB will offer next year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

they can say no.  Then GB is on the hook for the big contract and run things back with a team that just went sub .500

Yes they certainly could.  Was a combination of things that led to that record.  They would be better next year. Also can restructure his contract.  Packers have options they don't have to trade him.  Any team who wants  to acquire Rodgers better be prepared to pony up at least a 1 and a 2.  Possibly a combination of picks and players of equivelent value.  Any team that thinks a 3rd would do it is living in la la land. 

Edited by Scoremore

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

most teams can move money into future years to keep the players they deem are important to a playoff run

• SF has $16M in cap space and could create another $25-30M with restructures /extension (Bosa, Armstead, Warner, Kittle)
  • NYJ is around $3M over and can create around $30M with restructures/extension (Davis, Williams, Lawson, Moseley)
  • WAS has around $6M in cap space and could create another $40M (cut Wentz for $25M) and restructure/extension (Allen, Sweat, Samuel)

9 minutes ago, Refugee said:

But with a healthier Oline and weapons that are another year more mature and hopefully a defense that is still pretty talented. For me, the biggest issue will be Rodgers finding a better situation than GB will offer next year. 

I think SF is a better option.  probably a few other teams that are better.  

• SF has $16M in cap space and could create another $25-30M with restructures /extension (Bosa, Armstead, Warner, Kittle)
  • NYJ is around $3M over and can create around $30M with restructures/extension (Davis, Williams, Lawson, Moseley)
  • WAS has around $6M in cap space and could create another $40M (cut Wentz for $25M) and restructure/extension (Allen, Sweat, Samuel)

Would SF want to get into the Rodgers derby now?  They gave up a boat load of picks to move up to get Trey Lance and have a nice young QB in Purdy.

8 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yes they certainly could.  Was a combination of things that led to that record.  They would be better next year.

GB should be better.  

Also can restructure his contract.  Packers have options they don't have to trade him. 

Agreed GB doesn't have to trade Rodgers.  Still have holes at TE, Safety, Edge, DL, WR 

Any team who wants  to acquire Rodgers better be prepared to pony up at least a 1 and a 2.  Possibly a combination of picks and players of equivelent value.  Any team that thinks a 3rd would do it is living in la la land. 

I guess that all depends on how Rodgers wants to see a potential trade process play out.  

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Would SF want to get into the Rodgers derby now?  They gave up a boat load of picks to move up to get Trey Lance and have a nice young QB in Purdy.

not sure.  They might be able to get some value return in a trade of Lance to another team.  Purdy has an elbow injury that will require surgery to repair, so doubtful that SF will be counting on him for 2023

I think SF is a better option.  probably a few other teams that are better.  

SF doesn’t have much to offer us and in general we would rather not send him to one of our biggest conference rivals. He wants to run the west coast offense. I see NYJ, TEN and LV being the most probable after GB. I also admit I know nothing, but neither does anyone else not behind the closed doors and definitely not Shafter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Las Vegas has 20 million in cap space and will create another 30 million when they cut or trade Carr.