Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Woody Johnson sounds like he's willing to pay up to get a guy like Rodgers.  I'd insist on pick #13 if I was Gute. I'd probably want a conditional pick in 2024 as well. 

#13 would be perfect, but not #14 or #16.

Having back to back first round picks guarantees one of them will bust.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I was really hoping for that. Worried Purdy being hurt early may factor in to them staying with him. 

Short of Aaron Rodgers holding Gute hostage, I just don't see any way that San Francisco gets involved unless they're able to recoup picks for Trey Lance.

23 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Yah don't think that is possible.  Figure with all the chatter that would have come out.  Really all this depends on what the Packers think of Love.  We still don't know if he's any good or not.  They should have benched Rodgers when he broke his thumb.  That was a mistake.  At least then we'd have some idea if the kid can play or not.  If the Packers believe Love is ready and can be the guy they will trade Rodgers.  Otherwise they will run it back yet again.  Not what they say it's what they do that will tell the story.  It's going to be a long offseason. 

The bolded part plays into Rodgers, his personality and his ego, as @Packerraymond alluded to earlier.

You can't sit him if he says he can play, and the medicals hold it to true.  He holds way too much power.  If you sit him and he thinks he can play, while having the medicals behind him, he will try to bury his employer, much like his did his own family.

Which is why you heard Aaron say that he will play until eliminated.  It was his choice.  One that he probably went over repeatedly with the coaching staff.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The bolded part plays into Rodgers, his personality and his ego, as @Packerraymond alluded to earlier.

You can't sit him if he says he can play, and the medicals hold it to true.  He holds way too much power.  If you sit him and he thinks he can play, while having the medicals behind him, he will try to bury his employer, much like his did his own family.

Which is why you heard Aaron say that he will play until eliminated.  It was his choice.  One that he probably went over repeatedly with the coaching staff.

Therein lies the whole problem with this situation. The employee is telling management what they can and can't do. 

It's why I wanted Favre gone a few years earlier and why I have wanted Rodgers gone for several years. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I will say, however…

The revenue from Rodgers is worth a first round pick to any owner who wants money.

This place will be gold on whatever forum gets him.

Just wait till they need a touchdown to win a big game in the 4'th quarter....

• Like 3

There is no doubt Ol Rodg can play, but he has been crap for over a decade late in the year when it counts.  The issue with him is what we were dumb enough to pay him.  Being that 2023 is cheap for the new team if we trade him makes him worth a lot more.  Still not near what we could have gotten if we had traded him when we should have.

Trade him to the highest bidder and let's begin the new era.  You start that by addressing cap rather than running the financials as if you were the present government.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 5:52 PM, Old Guy said:

It isn't hindsight for me or many others on this site. WE knew we weren't winning a Championship with Rodgers and openly said so. 

If he can only get a mid-round pick for Rodgers, his time should be over. 

You didn't know.

You guessed.  Turns out you guessed right this time.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Watching him for the past decade fail in the playoffs wasn't much of a guess as a given.

The odds on us winning the super bowl (coming into season) were relatively low but very realistic

The odds on us being a serious contender were coming into the season  were high. Nobody thought we would flop this hard. Nobody.

Do you mortgage the future for a couple of years of being a serious contender (and we were expected to be a serious contender) ?   Maybe, maybe not. There was a pretty good case for going for it as you might not get the chance again for a very long time. There was a pretty good case for moving on.  

The contract was bad but I'm not going to throw the book at a GM for having a go. 

• Like 1