Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Bro, he was involved.

Aaron Rodgers gets what Aaron Rodgers wants. You're telling me he wants out, Gute let's him find a trade partner, he talks to Denver, Gute "asks for too much" screws everything up and Denver says eff this and Rodgers is just like "no biggie, I guess I'll come back and play for you."

Sorry that's just not knowing the personality that is Aaron Rodgers.

We've yet to openly shop Rodgers. Surely teams have called with offers, but we've never seriously considered them. It has as much to do with wanting to retain Rodgers as it does wanting to wait for the right timing and readiness of Jordan Love.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hopefully more than what he thinks and if so it’s a conditional pick

I'm all for firing Gute if we only get a mid-round pick for Rodgers. He passed on opportunities to get massive hauls and if he only comes out with a mid-round pick, he needs to be shown the door. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm all for firing Gute if we only get a mid-round pick for Rodgers. He passed on opportunities to get massive hauls and if he only comes out with a mid-round pick, he needs to be shown the door. 

Packers would never accept a mid round pick.  Conversation needs to start at least at a first rounder.  I'm thinking about what we got for Adams would be just about right.  Could be possibly more depending.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Packers would never accept a mid round pick.  Conversation needs to start at least at a first rounder.  I'm thinking about what we got for Adams would be just about right.  Could be possibly more depending.  

This is just wrong, and I think everyone is going to be disappointed with what we eventually get for Rodgers.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Rodgers has the ability to change his deal and his cost to the Packers can change in the event of a trade.

So if the Packers get a 2nd round pick and owe Rodgers 4, 6, 12 million against the cap...

That's better than a 1st and a second and owing Rodgers 20, 30, 40 million against the cap.

We're not going to struggle with draft capital over the next two years. We're going to have a down year with Love, then a promising year with Love. So we're looking at 15th, top 8, then 15-18th pick.

That's more than enough draft capital to build a Super Bowl win.

Our cap health after getting rid of Rodgers is going to add two players to this team over a long period of time. That's what's going to change this team.

Considering Rodgers has lost his ability to come back from behind and close out close games against good teams, we're going to be a better team regardless of our next quarterback as long as our next quarterback is Tannehill levels at worst.

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is just wrong, and I think everyone is going to be disappointed with what we eventually get for Rodgers.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Rodgers has the ability to change his deal and his cost to the Packers can change in the event of a trade.

So if the Packers get a 2nd round pick and owe Rodgers 4, 6, 12 million against the cap...

That's better than a 1st and a second and owing Rodgers 20, 30, 40 million against the cap.

We're not going to struggle with draft capital over the next two years. We're going to have a down year with Love, then a promising year with Love. So we're looking at 15th, top 8, then 15-18th pick.

That's more than enough draft capital to build a Super Bowl win.

Our cap health after getting rid of Rodgers is going to add two players to this team over a long period of time. That's what's going to change this team.

Considering Rodgers has lost his ability to come back from behind and close out close games against good teams, we're going to be a better team regardless of our next quarterback as long as our next quarterback is Tannehill levels at worst.

I didn't know that the cap hit could be altered.  If this is the case then yes that could be part of the negotiation.  Haven't read anything to this effect.  Absent that yah he'll fetch more than just a 2.  King said the conversation will start a 2 1's.  Dunno about that feels a little rich.  Maybe if that 2nd 1st rounder is conditional.  All it takes is one team.  We'll see all speculation knowing the Packers he'll probably be back next year.  

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I could be wrong, but I believe I read this somewhere, maybe here.

Yah don't think that is possible.  Figure with all the chatter that would have come out.  Really all this depends on what the Packers think of Love.  We still don't know if he's any good or not.  They should have benched Rodgers when he broke his thumb.  That was a mistake.  At least then we'd have some idea if the kid can play or not.  If the Packers believe Love is ready and can be the guy they will trade Rodgers.  Otherwise they will run it back yet again.  Not what they say it's what they do that will tell the story.  It's going to be a long offseason. 

46 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Gute accepting a mid-round pick for Rodgers in trade one year after he surely could have received multiple RD1 picks seems like the logical conclusion to Rodgers time in GB.  The massive, cap-crippling Rodgers extension will be the defining blunder of the Gute era as GM.

31 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I didn't know that the cap hit could be altered.  If this is the case then yes that could be part of the negotiation.  Haven't read anything to this effect.  Absent that yah he'll fetch more than just a 2.  King said the conversation will start a 2 1's.  Dunno about that feels a little rich.  Maybe if that 2nd 1st rounder is conditional.  All it takes is one team.  We'll see all speculation knowing the Packers he'll probably be back next year.  

Washington and Las Vegas both have regimes that could be fired mid-season if they're non-contenders, and dumb owners who wouldn't mind shelling out crazy draft picks.

New York's owner is desperate and would greenlight any move. Their QB situation is dead weight right now.

Tennessee just hired a GM who came from "****-dem-picks" San Francisco and obviously has the leash to try a big immediate splash to try and capitalize on a weak division right away.

So I agree, some team will give us at least a first, likely more.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

That's just silly.

Rodgers was back-to-back MVP. The entire point of roster building is to give yourself a shot at a title. Rodgers was considered the consensus best player in the league. Hindsight is great but going into 2022 Rodgers gave you a chance of winning a title, a chance you might not get again. Obviously with hindsight, we were better off trading but with hindsight you would win the lottery every week. 

If the front office make the decision we need to move on from Rodgers and restructure the team then that's what they should do. Which means take the best offer. If the best offer is a mid rounder then they should take it.

Draft capital really isn't that important. The picks could bust anyway. If draft picks were the be all and end all then every team would tank once out of contention. Post Rodgers we should restructure team, clean up the cap that probably means a couple of down years so you get great picks anyway.

I'm pretty sure we would get more than a mid rounder. I reckon it would be something like a late 1st with a conditional pick depending on whether he comes back in 2024.  But that's not really the point. If the strategic move is to move on and you can't get more than a mid rounder then you take it, accept the all-in didn't work and carry on.

Using your logic if a first rounder busts then you must sack the GM as he has lost a first rounder.

• Like 1