Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 hours ago, 15412 said:

There is no doubt Ol Rodg can play, but he has been crap for over a decade late in the year when it counts.  The issue with him is what we were dumb enough to pay him.  Being that 2023 is cheap for the new team if we trade him makes him worth a lot more.  Still not near what we could have gotten if we had traded him when we should have.

Trade him to the highest bidder and let's begin the new era.  You start that by addressing cap rather than running the financials as if you were the present government.

This.

Assuming we trade  Rodgers, we should act a bit more responsibly. Don't spend every penny we have got. Clean up the cap and rebuild.

Given the obsession people have with draft capital,  its a bit dumb to keep restructuring players to turn a 4-13 into a 6-11.  Might as well let the likes of Jones and co leave with younger players on good contracts. 

Honestly I'm good with the approach we took as long as we don't drag out the cap problems for years. We gave it a go. It didn't work - move on. Don't want it to start a permanent cycle of pushing money back. 

I've stayed out of the discussion because I'm sort of a downer on the whole team right now.

Everything is lose/lose right now. No one short of Dan Devine is dumb enough to throw multiple high picks at a 39 year old quarterback with a decade long track record of post-season swoons. We keep him and his stupid salary so that the stupid head coach can be emasculated and undercut for another year. 

I hate having nothing to be happy or optimistic about.

Just now, Uffdaswede said:

I've stayed out of the discussion because I'm sort of a downer on the whole team right now.

Everything is lose/lose right now. No one short of Dan Devine is dumb enough to throw multiple high picks at a 39 year old quarterback with a decade long track record of post-season swoons. We keep him and his stupid salary so that the stupid head coach can be emasculated and undercut for another year. 

damon salvatore joker GIF

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Packers can't and shouldn't set a price for Rodgers. Take the best deal offered. We will probably be surprised and some team will overpay. Quarterbacks run the world in the NFL, especially for owners who really want one and haven't had one in a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

The Saints traded an entire draft for Ricky Williams. The Vikings gave up a first for Sam Bradford. The Panthers traded a second, third, and sixth for Sam Darnold. The Colts gave up a first for Trent Richardson. The Colts gave up a first and 3rd for Wentz (who was then traded to the Commanders a year later). The Colts gave up a third for Matt Ryan. 

Never underestimate the willingness of some GMs/owners to make a trade.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

The Saints traded an entire draft for Ricky Williams. The Vikings gave up a first for Sam Bradford. The Panthers traded a second, third, and sixth for Sam Darnold. The Colts gave up a first for Trent Richardson. The Colts gave up a first and 3rd for Wentz (who was then traded to the Commanders a year later). The Colts gave up a third for Matt Ryan. 

Never underestimate the willingness of some GMs/owners to make a trade.

Watson and Wilson, too.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/29/packers-aaron-rodgers-trade-prefer-move-on-offseason/

It's a day old but raised my eyebrows.  Where there is smoke there is fire.  Looks like the Packers are going to try to move on.  If they tell Aaron they prefer to move on well it's done.  Probably waiting for him to make a decision before pulling the trigger.  Gute is probably fielding calls after this article came out.  Posted it in packer news thread also.  Think it's accurate after all it makes sense to most of us.  Average fans won't like it though.

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/29/packers-aaron-rodgers-trade-prefer-move-on-offseason/

It's a day old but raised my eyebrows.  Where there is smoke there is fire.  Looks like the Packers are going to try to move on.  If they tell Aaron they prefer to move on well it's done.  Probably waiting for him to make a decision before pulling the trigger.  Gute is probably fielding calls after this article came out.  Posted it in packer news thread also.  Think it's accurate after all it makes sense to most of us.  Average fans won't like it though.

Is this news actually new though? Kind of been speculated and this is still speculation. 

42 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Is this news actually new though? Kind of been speculated and this is still speculation. 

Little stronger written than just speculation.  No "if" it's pretty definitive.  Took me by surprise.  Nags hasn't picked up on it yet either.  Figure he'd be all over it.  Not just going to pass this off.  Smoke is rising above 1265....

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Little stronger written than just speculation.  No "if" it's pretty definitive.  Took me by surprise.  Nags hasn't picked up on it yet either.  Figure he'd be all over it.  Not just going to pass this off.  Smoke is rising above 1265....

I hope so and hope we get a good return for him. 

The problem is Rodgers has to agree to go to team X.  Team X knows the Packer have to trade him there, so they offer peanuts for him knowing Rodgers wants to go there and probably won't agree to go anywhere else.

Edited by NFLGURU

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

This is all just based of the Schefter stuff. I’m not saying it’s not a bit smokey out there, but not every story is based on real info. Even the past few seasons I saw no way AR was not in GB, even if I was personally ready to see him go. This year, I think it’s a stronger possibility than it even has been but not stronger than that he stays. I guess I’ll believe it when I see it. We are entering smoke season between the SB and the draft. A lot of QBs need a new team and a lot of new coaches need their QB. This year there will be a lot of rumors and plenty of real moves by the end. Smoke ‘em if you’ve got ‘em.