Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

At which point you would accuse him of being a quitter.  

And the only thing I've ever accused him of being is a narcissistic asshat which is undeniable at this point, even for the people that are trying to straddle both sides of the fence, like you. 

Edited by beekay414

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And 12 should've put the team before himself but since we both know he's incapable of that...

That's a coaches job, not a players job. You think Aaron Jones is going to go to LaFleur and say, my ankle is pretty sore, please give AJ Dillon all the carries this week? 

What if Jordan Love goes 4-0 while Rodgers is on IR? Players don't willingly give up their spot for the better of the team. That's just you searching for criticism of Rodgers.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Rodgers just endorsed Hackett.

I’m okay with 13th overall. Don’t care how much extra it costs to get him off the team before June 1st.

200.gif

Rodgers has also endorsed Davante Adams many times. If a trade happens let’s get the #7 draft pick in the mix and pump those numbers up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

That's a coaches job, not a players job. You think Aaron Jones is going to go to LaFleur and say, my ankle is pretty sore, please give AJ Dillon all the carries this week? 

What if Jordan Love goes 4-0 while Rodgers is on IR? Players don't willingly give up their spot for the better of the team. That's just you searching for criticism of Rodgers.

No searching necessary since it's common sense and we've all criticized MLF for not having the stones to do it himself. Pussyfooting with 12 and not having the balls to come to the decision for the better of the team falls on both of these asshats. Aaron for not putting his ego aside and MLF for not being the grown up of the relationship.

12 should've sat, one way or another, if the thumb was the issue. No searching necessary for criticism of 12 when he does it for me.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No searching necessary since it's common sense and we've all criticized MLF for not having the stones to do it himself. Pussyfooting with 12 and not having the balls to come to the decision for the better of the team falls on both of these asshats. Aaron for not putting his ego aside and MLF for not being the grown up of the relationship.

12 should've sat, one way or another, if the thumb was the issue. No searching necessary for criticism of 12 when he does it for me.

Thinking Aaron or any player is going to go to coach as ask not to play is just asinine.

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

200.gif

Rodgers has also endorsed Davante Adams many times. If a trade happens let’s get the #7 draft pick in the mix and pump those numbers up.

Two issues I have with potential Raiders trade: (1) it's a total guess, but something tells me Rodgers wouldn't love McDaniels, and (2) despite 12 playing with Adams all that time, if we really know 12 and the resentment he harbors, I would actually guess that he's pretty sour on Adams right now. Rodgers even said he expected Adams to come back to GB and I bet he was secretly pretty pissed that he left, especially for Carr. 

Just now, NFLGURU said:

Brady is retiring.  That takes him out of the SF option.  It opens the door for Rodgers to say "Trade me to San Fran, I'm not going anywhere else".

What's your next move, Gute?

Trade him to the Jets who can turn around and trade him to SF if they want :)

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Brady is retiring.  That takes him out of the SF option.  It opens the door for Rodgers to say "Trade me to San Fran, I'm not going anywhere else".

What's your next move, Gute?

I call Lynch and demand a 3rd this year (all they have), Aiyuk, Hufanga, and their 1st and 2nd in 2024. Lynch could be on full tilt after yet another playoff loss due to QB issues. Now would be the time to fleece him. 

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Thinking Aaron or any player is going to go to coach as ask not to play is just asinine.

Then perhaps hire a coach that wasn't meant to come in and treat your star QB with kid gloves. lol the fact that a 39 year old QB needs to be treated with kid gloves is hilarious enough in itself. 

I'll blame 12 for his **** play and his **** demeanor and his **** ego then. 

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

If traded, what are the odds GB trades Rodg by April willing to consume the cap hit this year in total?

Otherwise, if June in order to spread that hit, do we settle for a starting defensive player and '24 and '25 picks?

They'd be smart to absorb the entire hit this season. GB should actually be sitting pretty good in terms of cap in 2024, even if they restructure some guys this season. 2024 is your "go for it" year with Love (assuming he shows promise in 2023).