Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

36 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You are probably correct, but did you not see the two trades they made the past two years for Wentz and Ryan? 

They are actually, "a special kind of stupid!" 😁

And that's part of the reason why I'm confident they're taking a QB this year in the draft.  They're walking away with one of Will Levis, CJ Stroud, or Bryce Young.  They're done going the veteran QB route.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that's part of the reason why I'm confident they're taking a QB this year in the draft.  They're walking away with one of Will Levis, CJ Stroud, or Bryce Young.  They're done going the veteran QB route.

That would be the smart move but the way they acted was like they had a team to contend in place minus the QB. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That would be the smart move but the way they acted was like they had a team to contend in place minus the QB. 

They probably felt that way.  But I'd guess that 13 wins over the last 2 seasons have Irsay moving back to reality.  I'll never say never, but this doesn't seem likely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

They probably felt that way.  But I'd guess that 13 wins over the last 2 seasons have Irsay moving back to reality.  I'll never say never, but this doesn't seem likely.

It's as likely they think that's still because of the lack of competent QBs.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Leave the personal attacks out of it.

EDIT: You too @Outpost31.

I implore you to find the insult. Didn't do it. I said if he's trying to be a pompous prick, I did not suggest anywhere that he's a pompous prick.

I told him he needs to work on his insults, I encouraged him to get better.

Then I added an additional amount of encouragement if he was so inclined to become a pompous prick.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

And everybody from Murphy on down needs to be fired if that is the conclusion this comes to. 

As for Rodgers, he wants to win another MVP to tie Manning. He never said anything about championships, he spoke about winning another MVP. His best shot at this is with Adams in Vegas. 

Vegas with Rodgers does not win enough games for him to secure an MVP. That offensive line is average at best and the defense is better than only the Vikings and Lions. San Francisco, Jets, or Miami could make him an MVP candidate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Vegas with Rodgers does not win enough games for him to secure an MVP. That offensive line is average at best and the defense is better than only the Vikings and Lions. San Francisco, Jets, or Miami could make him an MVP candidate

The Raiders could easily still have $75m in cap space after acquiring Rodgers though. You can fill a lot of holes with that kind of room.

None of us know what Ol Rodg’s value might be.  
My humble opinion is multiple teams will be interested, and the team will have options.

With multiple teams interested value goes up.  His cap hit for the new team next year is advantageous.  He brings both tangibles to the field and intangibles financially the new team may not presently have.  For a team who believes they need better QB play to get to the next level, he may indeed be worth the risk.

On top of that, dumb teams do dumb things and desperate teams do desperate things.

In the very least for example, I think the Raiders swap 1st Round picks with us in this draft and give us their 2nd with a conditional pick for next year. A pick that could be a 1, 2, or 3.  I hope for more, but I’d take that deal in a heartbeat if it was the best on the table among suitors. 

19 minutes ago, 15412 said:

None of us know what Ol Rodg’s value might be.  
My humble opinion is multiple teams will be interested, and the team will have options.

With multiple teams interested value goes up.  His cap hit for the new team next year is advantageous.  He brings both tangibles to the field and intangibles financially the new team may not presently have.  For a team who believes they need better QB play to get to the next level, he may indeed be worth the risk.

On top of that, dumb teams do dumb things and desperate teams do desperate things.

In the very least for example, I think the Raiders swap 1st Round picks with us in this draft and give us their 2nd with a conditional pick for next year. A pick that could be a 1, 2, or 3.  I hope for more, but I’d take that deal in a heartbeat if it was the best on the table among suitors. 

The last line should be a given. Take the best deal. I don't care if we trade him to Detroit as long as they are giving up the most.